I pretty much hate this car...
By watyf on
2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
I had to drive my '98 Civic today because the wife needed the Mazda, and I was literally relieved to not be driving this car. Mainly because it's incredibly uncomfortable. The seats are rock-hard, the whole cabin is cramped, there is NO rear legroom if the front passengers are normal-sized, the steering wheel never stays straight (apparently "sporty handling" means "have to make constant adjustments to the steering wheel even when driving straight"), the headrests are awkward and stiff, and you feel EVERY bump in the road. The little things about this car, like cupholders that a cup gets lost in and a trunk that DOESN'T pop open (unlike every other car I've ever owned), just add to it.
Favorite Features
I will say that it gets decent mileage (fairly close to the EPA combined rating of 33) and it isn't bad compared to other cars in this class when it comes to acceleration. It didn't exceed my expectations, but I can't knock it in those areas area. It definitely does have "sporty" handling, but unless you plan to spend all of your time maneuvering around orange cones in a parking lot, it won't compensate for the issues you'll face in all of your non-sporty driving. Basically, if you're thin and short and never plan on having any rear seat passengers, and don't mind an uncomfortable ride in exchange for decent pep and gas mileage, then this is your car.
Suggested Improvements
Everything else. Yes, I realize I should have noticed these things before purchasing, but apparently two test-drives weren't enough to recognize just how much of an issue the (lack of) ride comfort and (lack of) space were going to be.