2012 Mazda Mazda3 Consumer Review: Great all around car

2012 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Review

Great all around car
By filthburger on

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I drove an 02 Civic Si for 9 years and loved it. Traded it in on a CX-7, but the CX-7 did not quite get me what I wanted. I traded it in on the newer Mazda 3 Wagon with the I Grand Touring package. I love it. My gas has been 38mpg while commuting, mostly freeway at 65-70mph and has been 36mpg on a long trip doing 80+ most of the way. I'm 6'3" 220lbs and am fairly comfortable in it. could have more head room, but it's not bad at all. I would not want to put 4 adults my size in it, but can fit the little woman and a 9 and 11 year old in the back. I think the nav is a little useless due to the fact that phones have a better one these days. peppy engine, decent storage.

Favorite Features

heated seats help my back out a lot. i even use it in the summer here in SoCal. The leather is a better quality than the CX-7 i owned. it handles like a cat. gas mileage rocks.

Suggested Improvements

would have liked 17" rims and fog lights for what i paid, but i understand that i have a lot of tech in this car for the money. tinted windows would have been nice, but i've fixed that. wish it came with the roof rack.