2012 Mazda Mazda3 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic w/SKYACTIV-G Consumer Review - Good car for the money

2012 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Review

Good car for the money
By alex_z on

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The best interior in class. Smooth Transmission. Gives me 400 miles for tank in mix driving. The only complain is that suspension is a way too firm. It drives o.k. on the good road, but once you go to the bumpy one, you will feel every rough in your butt. Althogh it cut corners even without slowing down. I'm not sure if this car good for every day comfortable driving. I would suggest buy mazda 6 for this purpose or toyota is a better choice. Can not say anything about reliability (have only 3K miles). The only problem I had is rear defroster didn't work on the upper side, so went to the local dealer to replace it. Other than this it's a good car for the money with a lot of features.

Favorite Features

Interior. Fuel economy. I don't understand why are family of 4 complains about this car. It's not design for a family. Buy a minivan or suv for this purpose.

Suggested Improvements

Suspension is too firm. You don't want to drive it on a crappy road. The center handrest is too small (a couple of inches longer will make it better).