2012 Mazda 3 Consumer Review: excellent car....wife "loves h

2012 Mazda 3 - Consumer Review

i Grand Touring Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic w/SKYACTIV-G)

excellent car....wife "loves her zoom zoom"!
By ajax13 on

2012 Mazda 3 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

First car review I have ever written, at 59 yo too. But this car warrants the review!! We have had this car since the end of Nov., & 3500 miles on it now. Is my wife's car & her choice after driving the Hyundai Elantra, Ford Focus, VW Jetta...this was her choice hands down, & mine too! This is the first car my wife says, "she loves, & loves to drive", that she has ever had! She calls it her "ZZ"=zoomzoom-lol. When reading the original reviews of this car before buying it, I noted that the word "love" was used by most reviewers in the 1st paragragh=now I/we know why-it is plain fun to drive! Excellent car in all ways, as my ideal owned past car was a 1990 Nissan 300ZX, & this car matches it!!

Wife 'loves' the Bose stereo. The seats are very comfy & w/ the 5 range heating, are great! I am 6'2" w/ long legs & fits me just fine to drive. We are getting 30-32 mpg city/hiway combo, & our first long day highway trip doing ~70mph, & up/down WA mts. too, got 41mpg=great!! Wife says just plain fun to drive, in that peppy, quick, fast & accurate steering. The ride has mellowed from very firm, to comfy firm after this break in time of 3500 miles,so is near perfect ride now=smooth ride & tight in turns w/ little or no body lean, even though ones shoulder is in the door=compares to the old 300ZX rocket ship I owned. Just plain fun & great car to drive, over this past 5 months!! Reco=buy it!!!

The road noise is the only factor, but is fine & no big deal. But I had to rental 2 cars this past few months, that were equals to this car...Honda Civic & Nissan Altima...& the road noise was near the same, so is a wash in comaparison now. Only car better in noise was the Hyndai Elantra & VW Jetta deisel...but not by a huge margin. I thought that "little" Nav window was too small at first, but now is perfect!!...it is up hi on dash, right in the field of driving vision, & just large enuff to see what ya need to see, & thus not distracting=a perfect engineering design, imo!!...so this too is a washout complaint. All in all, no complaints & great car=one of best ever owned in lifetime!!!!