Doubting this vehicle
By mazda3owner1 on
2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
I bought the 2012 Skyactiv engine, 4-door sedan a few weeks ago and I, hear weird engine noises. I would describe it as a whistling sound under the hood. I thought it was a serpentine belt issue, and took it back to the dealer. They told me I had to give the car 200-500 miles to break-in. I still heard the noise after 500 miles, so I took it back today. Now, they are saying the noise is coming from the electronic steering and is a normal sound. I don't believe this. I think it is a skyactiv issue and they really don't know how to fix this.
Favorite Features
Fuel economy
Suggested Improvements
I am concerned about the noises I hear, and even though I am under warranty, it seems noboby knows how to correct the issue. I am unsure of the safety.
By jangk
on 01/03/12 08:45 AM (PST)

I am the owner of 2012 new SkyActiv mazda 3 HB, and I have the same issue, that is, I hear very wierd sound, and it is extremely annoying. my mileage is over 1700. 2 weeks ago, I directly emailed to Mazda company with the same problem. Then, the issue was transferred to the representative of the dearlership in which I bought, so they was informed by me that issue, and they drove the car with me, but they just explained that " problem is because of new SkyActive transmission, so we cannot sovle the problem fundamentally because the wierd sound is part of manufacture." So with disappointment, I returned to my home.... ....I live Philadelphia suburban area, which means I live in a little bit cold area, but the wierd sound is not related to the cold weather.........

By motorex
on 02/10/12 12:27 PM (PST)

The noise you are hearing from the engine appears to be related to the direct injection system. It is not a mechanical or component failure and will not affect the safety or performance of the car.