2012 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
love this car
By luvmymazda1 on 07/24/12 15:01 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I just got my Mazda 3 4 days ago and I love it. I had been looking at buying a new car for about 5 months and I was trying to decide between the mazda and the dodge dart. As of now I think I made the right choice The only negatives to this car is I don't recommend if your going to have frequent passangers in the back seat it is a little tight. If you really need a navigation system this one is not adequate but for me I live in a small city so to me it is cute decoration. The heated seats will be nice in the winter I like how you there are 5 settings instead of just on or off. The seats are comfotable. I will wait to review more when I drive it in winter

So Far an excellent car
By minichrt1 on 07/16/12 09:38 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

To keep this short and sweet my wife gets almost 500 miles per 11 gallons of fuel. It is a 14 gallon tank so when the fuel light goes on there should be 3 gallons left but it is hard to ignore the fuel light and the range being under 40 miles. Best example of mileage that we have repeated more than once... 60 mph in 6th gear on a straight and level stretch or road with the cruise control and AC on with 4 people in the car 44.7 mpg turn off the ac and it goes up to 47mpg. This is not drafting and the instant mpg readout will hold steady as long as the road is level.

Best of Both Worlds
By mandowen on 05/17/12 08:31 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This car will serve different needs, depending on your mood. If you are feeling economical, the fuel efficiency is great. I got over 41 mpg on a recent road trip. If you want to have some driving fun, the car is very responsive and, although I have the automatic, you can flip it into manual mode for more control. The hatchback is very roomy and I recently brought home my son's dorm refrigerator in it. Great car!

Great car for the money!
By jokero on 05/14/12 16:35 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I don't know what the shutter noise is yet cause I'm too busy blasting music all the time. I picked this car after reviewing a lot of cars in this class and so far it's great. I'm nearing 10K miles and it has met my expectations. My previous car was a corolla so this is an upgrade for me. The car looks and feels better and I get the same fuel efficiency or better(540 mile range on a full tank) I also love the other fun features like blutooth that I didn't have before. No complaints here so I recommend it.

Nice compromise
By guycan on 04/28/12 08:01 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Having owned both a Madza CX 7 (2011) and a Miata (2002) I have nothing but good things to say about the 3 hatchback. It is fun to drive whether on super highways or on country roads with plenty of room in the trunk to boot. It is highly responsive and much quicker than I had anticipated and gets exceptional gas mileage. My spouse who felt the 7 was unwieldy and difficult to park in tight spots is at ease in the 3 which , we're boomers, is quite bit more comfortable than the Miata. We have not driven it yet in winter but do not anticipate any problems with icy or snowy conditions with the proper snow tires. Ony negative may be the standard Bridgestone Turanzas which are noisy .

the car that shutter. confirmed by mazda
By some_guy1 on 04/19/12 19:56 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The car is scary to drive. there is a shutter that mazda said should be there. It feels like a little earth quake. I didn't notice it when i bought the car but the first time it happened i got scared. On top of that the car slams into gear and has such a jerky transmission that i can't believe the car is not being investigated by the NTSB. as long as you don't mind a car that shakes and you hit your head because the throttle is all over the place this is the car for you. Me hindsight 2020 i wish i never got it. I can't be more disappointed with it.

I preferred my 2005 Mazda 3
By dawnmcaz on 04/17/12 09:55 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2005 3 in Jan for a new '12. I absolutely loved my '05 3! So fun & sporty, I was very proud of it. The a/c had gone out on it and after 1 summer in Phoenix with no a/c, I couldn't take it. It does get better gas mileage than the '05 did. I like that you can easily check to see how well your doing with mpg.

excellent car....wife "loves her zoom zoom"!
By ajax13 on 04/13/12 11:07 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

First car review I have ever written, at 59 yo too. But this car warrants the review!! We have had this car since the end of Nov., & 3500 miles on it now. Is my wife's car & her choice after driving the Hyundai Elantra, Ford Focus, VW Jetta...this was her choice hands down, & mine too! This is the first car my wife says, "she loves, & loves to drive", that she has ever had! She calls it her "ZZ"=zoomzoom-lol. When reading the original reviews of this car before buying it, I noted that the word "love" was used by most reviewers in the 1st paragragh=now I/we know why-it is plain fun to drive! Excellent car in all ways, as my ideal owned past car was a 1990 Nissan 300ZX, & this car matches it!!

A truly perfect car!
By claycrenshaw on 04/11/12 21:28 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Safety, horsepower, fuel efficiency, value, reliability, and FUN, all in one! Every second behind the wheel of my new Mazda3 is incredible. With Mazda's super reliable track record under the belts of my friends and family and the assurance of my vehicle being a Top Safety Pick, I know that I'll be driving my kids around in this car years from now. So many great features and incredibly fun to drive, and I am still in disbelief at how hard my dealer [non-permissible content removed] worked to get me behind the wheel of this amazing vehicle. You can certainly trust them to put you in the car of your dreams! I would recommend this car to anyone any day!

Very Impressed
By ms_addy on 04/01/12 17:55 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I spent a whole day with my father test driving cars. It was around 6pm that I had my chance to test drive my Mazda 3. Let me tell you, it is an awesome ride! I was trading in my 07 eclipse and looking for a four-dour under 20k. I tried hyundais and honda but I felt like I was driving a car for my mother. The mazda 3 I got had everything I wanted and then some! I'm a young lady finishing College and needed something with good gas mileage without being weak and slow.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Mazda Mazda3 in VA is:

$142 per month*