2012 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Best little car I ever owned
By abqrich on 05/28/13 18:56 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I love the way this car handles. Great engine coupled with great transmission. I have owned more expensive cars, but I have never enjoyed a car as much as this one

New 2012 Mazda 3
By disasterdawg on 05/25/13 03:10 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Bought with 3 miles on it. Has been great car. Well designed interior and great styling. Performace and economy are outstanding. Mazda is an under rated company. The value of the this car is amazing compared to other imports. Fit and finish are top notch. Recently the car was struck broadside by and Escalade and walked away scratch free. Airbags did the job. The car almost totaled but did not. A really safe and strong car. I highly recommend Mazda, the entire brand.

25,000 MILE UPDATE
By hoveringfalcon on 04/26/13 11:19 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my 3 for just over a year, and have put 25,000 miles on it. I still think it's a fantastic car. It's not perfect, and I will soon explain why, but it provides a superb combination of sportiness and fuel efficiency that is unmatched in its class. If you love driving but need something that sips gas, look no further. However if you prioritize comfort and luxury options above all else, you might want to cross shop before you buy.

So far so good
By jhunterk on 04/01/13 19:47 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Have had the car for 10 months, 6k miles, 0 problem so far. IMHO, it is the best compromise among gas mileage, cosmetics, reliability, and a sporty ride. On highway, the 40mpg is spot on. The hatchback is super useful, once I was able to put FIVE dinning chairs in it. Very good lumbar support too. Con: The ride could be bumpy on crapy road because of its sporty suspension. Not as quiet as toyota, could use better noise isolation

UNCOMFORTABLE
By donchevy97 on 03/15/13 12:40 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

takes corners and speed bumps terribly. rides extremely stiff

Best car for the price
By montanac on 03/12/13 08:24 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I see a lot of picky reviews. I wanted a car as cheap as I could get it. I was unwilling to sacrifice gas mileage, cosmetics, reliability, and a sporty ride. That's hard to find in these price ranges. This car provides. Would I like the ride of the Mazda 6 better? yes..oh but different price range. This car smacks the competition for someone looking at new for under $17k.

My Mazda is a Rocket Ship
By jennypenny575 on 02/20/13 14:43 PM (PST)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've been driving a 2000 Ford Focus SE Sedan before this car, so you can imagine that most cars would be a vast improvement. Not so, my Focus was a great car, it had great pickup, decent gas mileage(23 mixed) and a rather comfortable ride. But my Mazda is a rocketship. I had wanted a Mazda3 back in 2008 when I was originally car shopping. I ended up with a 7 year old focus because the Mazda was out of my price range. So the fact that I have it now is even sweeter. After test driving the Versa, the Focus, the Fit, and the Elantra, it was pretty much a runaway with the Mazda. I knew it was the car for me 5 minutes into the test drive. Smooth driving, fun to shift, everything is great.

Good car after 2 months
By amoozed on 02/19/13 00:02 AM (PST)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Quite a nice ride so far. I'm averaging 30 mpg 50/50 city/highway. My question for those pushing 40 mph-how do you drive 60 mph on the freeway? I live in San Francisco, CA, and you will literally get run off the road for driving under 70 mph on the freeways here.

best car for the $
By sorento2006 on 01/27/13 13:50 PM (PST)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

i did a lot of research before deciding on this car,and everything i have read from road tests is almost true.i got my 4-door with fog lights,spoiler,bose/moonroof package.looks great in dark grey.

buy one
By sorento2006 on 01/20/13 07:00 AM (PST)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

just took delivery yesterday of my graphite grey sedan with fog lights,spoiler,bose,sunroof.when i took it for a test drive,going over 60,the computer showed 41.6..wow !on the 30 mile trip home,got 47.8 at 63mph.the ride is tighter than expected,but much better than the 2008 amanti i traded in for this car.lots of features & wow factor.thanks mazda

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Mazda Mazda3 in VA is:

$144 per month*