2012 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
25K miles update
By mokosh on 05/21/14 09:06 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

After 25K miles of ownership I would still give it 3 out of 5 for comfort. Had a computer recall update, (high idling rpm) now it's much better (visit your local dealer and let them update the computer and you'll see the engine difference.) Still too low, new model is 3'' higher. Good for commuting, sucks for long trips. Good mpg. Many useless buttons on a cd player. Rear seats don't have enough leg room. Still reliable. Sitting position not as high as other models. Just understand me right, suspension is perfect on a race track, but not very good on a daily basis - the way too firm. Good for the price, however I would take a look on corolla or civic if you prefer more comfortable ride.

Love my Mazda
By jonno86 on 04/22/14 10:49 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've now owned my 2012 Mazda3 Skyactiv (auto) for almost 21 months, and I still love the car as if I bought it yesterday. In true Mazda fashion, the 3 delivers the fun-to-drive factor - it has razor-sharp steering and handling. It really makes the car handle predictably and makes me feel very connected to the road. However, that close connection to the road reduces ride comfort because of the firmer suspension. This is usually the compromise with a sporty-handling car. Reliability has proven to be rock solid. I was very nervous about purchasing the Skyactiv model with its completely new engine and transmission design, but my fears were unfounded.

So much fun to Drive
By niskoman on 01/25/14 10:12 AM (PST)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I love everything about this car.I have 26 k on it and runs like a champ! 2,5L engine makes such a difference ! Received so many compliments about my car.Most people loves Mazda's design. Handling by far is the best feature in this car and it makes it so fun to drive. The seats could be more comfy but it is a sports car! Raced a guy with Golf GT Turbo and zoomed him out lol . Interior is very appealing and cool. Bose speakers absolutely ROCK ! The sunroof is cool for the summer. To save gas strongly recommend to use cruise control and drive around 60mhph. I'm a huge fan of MAZDA and would recommend this car to everybody.

Great Value
By dakotabmr on 11/20/13 08:32 AM (PST)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this used 2012 Mazda 3 isport , Automatic 4dr, 2.0 28K miles for my daughter her senior yr in high school to last through college. We compared the used Corolla, Sentra, Elantra, Civic for a max price of $12000 and found the Mazda3 the best value. It has a "Good" rating from the IIHS-which is the highest, 4 wheel disc brakes, ABS, stability control, multiple airbags. Good reliability, Great handling, comfortable, easy to use controls and layout. 60/40 split folding rear seat. We get 35mpg/highway, 14.5 gallon fuel tank makes for 450 miles on a tank!. I do most of the regular service, so the oil, air filter, cabin filter, wipers were fairly easy to change out.

Fun on Four Wheels and a Budget
By cleverjason on 08/20/13 12:01 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

After driving the car a while, it's easy to forget how peppy this little compact really is. So, to remind myself, I let my friends take it out for a spin every now and then, and when they push the pedal down and let off the clutch, and when you watch the inevitable Zoom Zoom smile spread across their faces, you remember why you bought it. Make no mistake: The 3 is no sports car, and calling it sporty for its class is like calling a Mr. Coffee pot "gourmet." But the Mazda 3 feels like a sportier car than it is, and that's why most people love driving it. If you can get your hands on a SkyActiv with a manual like I did, you'll realize those modest 155 ponies pull more than their weight.

I pretty much hate this car...
By watyf on 08/09/13 21:20 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I had to drive my '98 Civic today because the wife needed the Mazda, and I was literally relieved to not be driving this car. Mainly because it's incredibly uncomfortable. The seats are rock-hard, the whole cabin is cramped, there is NO rear legroom if the front passengers are normal-sized, the steering wheel never stays straight (apparently "sporty handling" means "have to make constant adjustments to the steering wheel even when driving straight"), the headrests are awkward and stiff, and you feel EVERY bump in the road. The little things about this car, like cupholders that a cup gets lost in and a trunk that DOESN'T pop open (unlike every other car I've ever owned), just add to it.

Really nice car and great fuel economy
By moog555 on 06/04/13 20:36 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have been driving this car for a month now. The fuel economy in this thing is really incredible. I've had five Honda civics in the pass... but this little Mazda beats them all !!!. Also handles the road really nice.. This Sky-activ engine is super smooth and refined... The value in this car is hands down unbeatable.

Best little car I ever owned
By abqrich on 05/28/13 18:56 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I love the way this car handles. Great engine coupled with great transmission. I have owned more expensive cars, but I have never enjoyed a car as much as this one

New 2012 Mazda 3
By disasterdawg on 05/25/13 03:10 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Bought with 3 miles on it. Has been great car. Well designed interior and great styling. Performace and economy are outstanding. Mazda is an under rated company. The value of the this car is amazing compared to other imports. Fit and finish are top notch. Recently the car was struck broadside by and Escalade and walked away scratch free. Airbags did the job. The car almost totaled but did not. A really safe and strong car. I highly recommend Mazda, the entire brand.

25,000 MILE UPDATE
By hoveringfalcon on 04/26/13 11:19 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my 3 for just over a year, and have put 25,000 miles on it. I still think it's a fantastic car. It's not perfect, and I will soon explain why, but it provides a superb combination of sportiness and fuel efficiency that is unmatched in its class. If you love driving but need something that sips gas, look no further. However if you prioritize comfort and luxury options above all else, you might want to cross shop before you buy.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan in VA is:

$144 per month*