2012 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Great all around car
By filthburger on 08/30/12 15:00 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I drove an 02 Civic Si for 9 years and loved it. Traded it in on a CX-7, but the CX-7 did not quite get me what I wanted. I traded it in on the newer Mazda 3 Wagon with the I Grand Touring package. I love it. My gas has been 38mpg while commuting, mostly freeway at 65-70mph and has been 36mpg on a long trip doing 80+ most of the way. I'm 6'3" 220lbs and am fairly comfortable in it. could have more head room, but it's not bad at all. I would not want to put 4 adults my size in it, but can fit the little woman and a 9 and 11 year old in the back. I think the nav is a little useless due to the fact that phones have a better one these days. peppy engine, decent storage.

Best of Both Worlds
By mandowen on 05/17/12 08:31 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This car will serve different needs, depending on your mood. If you are feeling economical, the fuel efficiency is great. I got over 41 mpg on a recent road trip. If you want to have some driving fun, the car is very responsive and, although I have the automatic, you can flip it into manual mode for more control. The hatchback is very roomy and I recently brought home my son's dorm refrigerator in it. Great car!

Nice compromise
By guycan on 04/28/12 08:01 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Having owned both a Madza CX 7 (2011) and a Miata (2002) I have nothing but good things to say about the 3 hatchback. It is fun to drive whether on super highways or on country roads with plenty of room in the trunk to boot. It is highly responsive and much quicker than I had anticipated and gets exceptional gas mileage. My spouse who felt the 7 was unwieldy and difficult to park in tight spots is at ease in the 3 which , we're boomers, is quite bit more comfortable than the Miata. We have not driven it yet in winter but do not anticipate any problems with icy or snowy conditions with the proper snow tires. Ony negative may be the standard Bridgestone Turanzas which are noisy .

zoom zoom zoom
By izoomzoom on 02/26/12 09:53 AM (PST)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Driving this car will put a smile on your face. The new direct-injected SkyActiv engine feels fast and powerful. The car handles great on the road. The i Grand Touring comes well equipped with features like leather seats, sunroof, navigation, bluetooth, and Bose stereo. The seats are comfortable and controls are well positioned. The navigation screen is small and a little awkward to use. Bluetooth works great. Bose audio sounds great. Visibility is pretty good except out the short back window. Good amount of cargo space. Overall the Mazda3 is a great car, and Mazda has improved it for 2012.

Second Mazda 3 - same zoom; better mileage
By madriver10 on 02/11/12 13:28 PM (PST)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

We traded in a 2004 mazda 3 sedan for a 2012 mazda 3 i Grand Touring hatchback with all the options. Also looked at the Focus Titanium and Subaru Impreza. Both seemed like solid cars, but Focus was more expensive for similar specs, and we don't need the AWD (and slightly lower mpg) of the Impreza. The Mazda hatchback has plenty of room in the hatch for a medium-size dog, and is still a fun-to-drive compact car. Our mileage has been in the low 30's in mixed driving.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Mazda Mazda3 in VA is:

$141 per month*