2012 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Fun Drive
By hmm3 on 08/28/12 09:31 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have driven the car for about 600 miles. It is fun to drive, steering is precise and gives a great feel for the road. Acceleration is plenty good for an engine this size. I have bee n getting 38-40 miles per gallon driven 2/3 highway 1/3 city. The ride is firm, much more than a Corolla or a Accord. I think it is great for the driver, not so great for every body else. Seats are comfortable with good lumbar support. The blind spot warning system and the adaptative lights are great and function flawlessly. The Bose stereo is very good but not outstanding. Trunk space is limited but OK for a commuter car.

love this car
By luvmymazda1 on 07/24/12 15:01 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I just got my Mazda 3 4 days ago and I love it. I had been looking at buying a new car for about 5 months and I was trying to decide between the mazda and the dodge dart. As of now I think I made the right choice The only negatives to this car is I don't recommend if your going to have frequent passangers in the back seat it is a little tight. If you really need a navigation system this one is not adequate but for me I live in a small city so to me it is cute decoration. The heated seats will be nice in the winter I like how you there are 5 settings instead of just on or off. The seats are comfotable. I will wait to review more when I drive it in winter

excellent car....wife "loves her zoom zoom"!
By ajax13 on 04/13/12 11:07 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

First car review I have ever written, at 59 yo too. But this car warrants the review!! We have had this car since the end of Nov., & 3500 miles on it now. Is my wife's car & her choice after driving the Hyundai Elantra, Ford Focus, VW Jetta...this was her choice hands down, & mine too! This is the first car my wife says, "she loves, & loves to drive", that she has ever had! She calls it her "ZZ"=zoomzoom-lol. When reading the original reviews of this car before buying it, I noted that the word "love" was used by most reviewers in the 1st paragragh=now I/we know why-it is plain fun to drive! Excellent car in all ways, as my ideal owned past car was a 1990 Nissan 300ZX, & this car matches it!!

Insurance is high
By 3_mazdas on 03/27/12 14:15 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I own 3 Mazdas, all from 2012 (cx9, 6, and 3). I agree with all regarding this car's excellent performance, gas mileage and design. I have the Grand Touring i with Skyactiv and Tech Package and my wife and I love it for all the reasons above. One word of caution though. Insurance is quite high. The premium for my mazda3 is 50% higher than that of my brand new CX-9 which is worth $10k more than the mazda3. And my wife and I are considered the best drivers by Geico. So, if you think you save lots on gas mileage, think twice, after valueing insurance. THis is considered a sports car, unlike competitors such as Civic or corolla. If you like a fun and green car, then get the mazda3.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Mazda Mazda3 in VA is:

$141 per month*