2012 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
25K miles update
By mokosh on 05/21/14 09:06 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

After 25K miles of ownership I would still give it 3 out of 5 for comfort. Had a computer recall update, (high idling rpm) now it's much better (visit your local dealer and let them update the computer and you'll see the engine difference.) Still too low, new model is 3'' higher. Good for commuting, sucks for long trips. Good mpg. Many useless buttons on a cd player. Rear seats don't have enough leg room. Still reliable. Sitting position not as high as other models. Just understand me right, suspension is perfect on a race track, but not very good on a daily basis - the way too firm. Good for the price, however I would take a look on corolla or civic if you prefer more comfortable ride.

Love my Mazda
By jonno86 on 04/22/14 10:49 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've now owned my 2012 Mazda3 Skyactiv (auto) for almost 21 months, and I still love the car as if I bought it yesterday. In true Mazda fashion, the 3 delivers the fun-to-drive factor - it has razor-sharp steering and handling. It really makes the car handle predictably and makes me feel very connected to the road. However, that close connection to the road reduces ride comfort because of the firmer suspension. This is usually the compromise with a sporty-handling car. Reliability has proven to be rock solid. I was very nervous about purchasing the Skyactiv model with its completely new engine and transmission design, but my fears were unfounded.

I pretty much hate this car...
By watyf on 08/09/13 21:20 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I had to drive my '98 Civic today because the wife needed the Mazda, and I was literally relieved to not be driving this car. Mainly because it's incredibly uncomfortable. The seats are rock-hard, the whole cabin is cramped, there is NO rear legroom if the front passengers are normal-sized, the steering wheel never stays straight (apparently "sporty handling" means "have to make constant adjustments to the steering wheel even when driving straight"), the headrests are awkward and stiff, and you feel EVERY bump in the road. The little things about this car, like cupholders that a cup gets lost in and a trunk that DOESN'T pop open (unlike every other car I've ever owned), just add to it.

Really nice car and great fuel economy
By moog555 on 06/04/13 20:36 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have been driving this car for a month now. The fuel economy in this thing is really incredible. I've had five Honda civics in the pass... but this little Mazda beats them all !!!. Also handles the road really nice.. This Sky-activ engine is super smooth and refined... The value in this car is hands down unbeatable.

Best little car I ever owned
By abqrich on 05/28/13 18:56 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I love the way this car handles. Great engine coupled with great transmission. I have owned more expensive cars, but I have never enjoyed a car as much as this one

New 2012 Mazda 3
By disasterdawg on 05/25/13 03:10 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Bought with 3 miles on it. Has been great car. Well designed interior and great styling. Performace and economy are outstanding. Mazda is an under rated company. The value of the this car is amazing compared to other imports. Fit and finish are top notch. Recently the car was struck broadside by and Escalade and walked away scratch free. Airbags did the job. The car almost totaled but did not. A really safe and strong car. I highly recommend Mazda, the entire brand.

25,000 MILE UPDATE
By hoveringfalcon on 04/26/13 11:19 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my 3 for just over a year, and have put 25,000 miles on it. I still think it's a fantastic car. It's not perfect, and I will soon explain why, but it provides a superb combination of sportiness and fuel efficiency that is unmatched in its class. If you love driving but need something that sips gas, look no further. However if you prioritize comfort and luxury options above all else, you might want to cross shop before you buy.

Best car for the price
By montanac on 03/12/13 08:24 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I see a lot of picky reviews. I wanted a car as cheap as I could get it. I was unwilling to sacrifice gas mileage, cosmetics, reliability, and a sporty ride. That's hard to find in these price ranges. This car provides. Would I like the ride of the Mazda 6 better? yes..oh but different price range. This car smacks the competition for someone looking at new for under $17k.

best car for the $
By sorento2006 on 01/27/13 13:50 PM (PST)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

i did a lot of research before deciding on this car,and everything i have read from road tests is almost true.i got my 4-door with fog lights,spoiler,bose/moonroof package.looks great in dark grey.

buy one
By sorento2006 on 01/20/13 07:00 AM (PST)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

just took delivery yesterday of my graphite grey sedan with fog lights,spoiler,bose,sunroof.when i took it for a test drive,going over 60,the computer showed 41.6..wow !on the 30 mile trip home,got 47.8 at 63mph.the ride is tighter than expected,but much better than the 2008 amanti i traded in for this car.lots of features & wow factor.thanks mazda

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Mazda Mazda3 in VA is:

$144 per month*