2012 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
I pretty much hate this car...
By watyf on 08/09/13 21:20 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I had to drive my '98 Civic today because the wife needed the Mazda, and I was literally relieved to not be driving this car. Mainly because it's incredibly uncomfortable. The seats are rock-hard, the whole cabin is cramped, there is NO rear legroom if the front passengers are normal-sized, the steering wheel never stays straight (apparently "sporty handling" means "have to make constant adjustments to the steering wheel even when driving straight"), the headrests are awkward and stiff, and you feel EVERY bump in the road. The little things about this car, like cupholders that a cup gets lost in and a trunk that DOESN'T pop open (unlike every other car I've ever owned), just add to it.

Really nice car and great fuel economy
By moog555 on 06/04/13 20:36 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have been driving this car for a month now. The fuel economy in this thing is really incredible. I've had five Honda civics in the pass... but this little Mazda beats them all !!!. Also handles the road really nice.. This Sky-activ engine is super smooth and refined... The value in this car is hands down unbeatable.

Best little car I ever owned
By abqrich on 05/28/13 18:56 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I love the way this car handles. Great engine coupled with great transmission. I have owned more expensive cars, but I have never enjoyed a car as much as this one

New 2012 Mazda 3
By disasterdawg on 05/25/13 03:10 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Bought with 3 miles on it. Has been great car. Well designed interior and great styling. Performace and economy are outstanding. Mazda is an under rated company. The value of the this car is amazing compared to other imports. Fit and finish are top notch. Recently the car was struck broadside by and Escalade and walked away scratch free. Airbags did the job. The car almost totaled but did not. A really safe and strong car. I highly recommend Mazda, the entire brand.

25,000 MILE UPDATE
By hoveringfalcon on 04/26/13 11:19 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my 3 for just over a year, and have put 25,000 miles on it. I still think it's a fantastic car. It's not perfect, and I will soon explain why, but it provides a superb combination of sportiness and fuel efficiency that is unmatched in its class. If you love driving but need something that sips gas, look no further. However if you prioritize comfort and luxury options above all else, you might want to cross shop before you buy.

Best car for the price
By montanac on 03/12/13 08:24 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I see a lot of picky reviews. I wanted a car as cheap as I could get it. I was unwilling to sacrifice gas mileage, cosmetics, reliability, and a sporty ride. That's hard to find in these price ranges. This car provides. Would I like the ride of the Mazda 6 better? yes..oh but different price range. This car smacks the competition for someone looking at new for under $17k.

best car for the $
By sorento2006 on 01/27/13 13:50 PM (PST)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

i did a lot of research before deciding on this car,and everything i have read from road tests is almost true.i got my 4-door with fog lights,spoiler,bose/moonroof package.looks great in dark grey.

buy one
By sorento2006 on 01/20/13 07:00 AM (PST)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

just took delivery yesterday of my graphite grey sedan with fog lights,spoiler,bose,sunroof.when i took it for a test drive,going over 60,the computer showed 41.6..wow !on the 30 mile trip home,got 47.8 at 63mph.the ride is tighter than expected,but much better than the 2008 amanti i traded in for this car.lots of features & wow factor.thanks mazda

Not as good as toyota
By alex_z on 12/28/12 20:57 PM (PST)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Have 5000 miles on it. I like interior, Bluetooth, steering, seats. Now about bad things: suspension sucks. It's o.k. for commuting and that's it. Took it for a long trip once and hate it now. It drives o.k. on a smooth road but once you go on a crappy one, your butt will feel every bump. Another bad thing about this car- it's too low. I already hit the bottom a couple of times and now I'm very careful. Visibility is o.k. but not as good as Corolla. I took my wife's old corolla for a 2000 miles trip last week, and it's day and night in comparison of driving. Yes, Toyota sucks in interior and has only 4 speed auto, but much better in comfort. Take it on a crappy road before you buy it.

Computer MPG is off
By jackstraw22 on 11/03/12 17:15 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've had this car for about 2 months and while I do enjoy driving it, I've noticed the computer's MPG is off. I've checked it several times by filling up my gas tank, resetting the trip meter and then resetting the computer's MPG. After running it for about 300 miles I filled the tank back up. I then divided the miles on the trip meter by the number of gallons I put in the car. My latest manual observation was 27.2 MPG while the computer's MPG was 29.8. So far my driving has been about 90/10 city/highway, so I'd expect the MPG to be low. But I would have expected the computer's MPG to be more accurate. It's been off on every test I've made.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Mazda Mazda3 in WA is:

$179 per month*