2011 Mazda 3 Consumer Review: The 3 is go-go

2011 Mazda 3 - Consumer Review

The 3 is go-go
By tom-tom on

2011 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I was going to buy a Honda fit sport but was concerned about the lack of hp, 4 wheel disc brakes, useful sun-visors and tight legroom for my 71 1/2 inch frame. For a bit more money the Mazda 3 hatchback addressed all of these issues and rides and looks better too. (the smiley grill is livable, and I prefer a happy car) The only trade-off was settling for less gas mileage than the fit offered, but the rewards are worth it. I call the Mazda 3S hatchback "Honda Fits' better looking big brother".

The overall blend of styling, handling and adequate performance for everyday back and forth "asphalt-combat" are what I would consider my favorite feature.

Optional door ding protectors (an option with the fit) would be nice. I would have liked to have been able to have upgraded to the Bose 10 speaker sound system without having to get a moon-roof, and also getting the tech-package minus the navigation system.