Bang for the Buck...
By kurtri on
2011 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)
I wanted a small car, with utility options, to replace an Audi A4. Like many people, I am trying to stay financially keen in current times. Is there a car with semi-luxury features, good safety reviews, acceptable gas mileage - all within the Compact $ range? Yes - the Mazda 3. The car handles nearly as well as my Audi and has respectable power. The front seats are very spacious and I do not feel 'jammed' in like the Audi. The seats are comfortable and the dash controls are intuitive. The Mazda 3 is larger on the inside and the versatility of the hatchback was a key factor for me. Looking for more personality than a ho-hum Civic? Give the Mazda 3 a try! 26 MPG mixed driving.
Favorite Features
Spacious driver area without feeling "jammed in". Fit and finish is impressive and the suspension system is great. The leather is of good quality and goes nicely with the ergonomically contoured seats. The hatchback design is more appealing than the sedan - just my two cents. The cargo area is surprisingly large without putting the seats down. Nice large front window with good visibility and minimal blind spots around the vehicle. Great maneuvering and cornering ability - overall fun to drive!
Suggested Improvements
I thought with a leather trimmed, Bose equipped Grand Touring package would have the XM / Satellite components already installed, but it is an 'accessory' still at this trim level. Again - available as an 'add on'. Vehicle noise (not wind noise) and road noise are slightly higher than I would like, but nothing which was a deal breaker.