2011 Mazda 3 Consumer Review: Nice car, just not for me.

2011 Mazda 3 Sedan - Consumer Review

Nice car, just not for me.
By margaretanne on

2011 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car new a year ago, and traded it in today. Really like the exterior on this car: fun design, sporty look. It was just not for me and I began feeling claustrophobic and cramped. The seat belts were extremely difficult to buckle ~ the buckle was placed REALLY low, esp. in the driver's seat. My kids couldn't buckle the belts for themselves and we would have to dig for the buckles under the booster seat. The fabric on the seats started wearing badly, and the finish was bad on the console. I would buy this again, for a young adult. Not really for a family.

Lots of nooks and crannys for storage. Interior lighting. Monitors that showed gas mileage, range, etc. Lots of pick-up. Sporty design. Front grill

Seat belts are difficult to buckle, in front AND in back. Interior fabric seats wore quickly and badly. Fit and finish (seams in the console) started looking "undone" and pieces of fabric started loosening up. I don't know if this because of the heat of my area (FL)