2011 Mazda Mazda3 Consumer Reviews 5

2011 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Unreliable, lots of annoyances, poor mileage, noise
By wschloss on 02/14/11 22:02 PM (PST)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This car is annoying and high maintenance and sorry I bought it. It does have good power and sporty handling and can be fun at times, but "low profile" tires, counter-intuitive controls, and features that sound good on paper but are poorly implemented, make it expensive and annoying to drive on a daily basis. Gas mileage is quite poor. For instance steering wheel radio controls don't have the ability to "seek" or "scan" stations, only to go to the next or previous programmed channel. Cargo area is REALLY small, tie-downs are poorly placed, and the opening mechanism poorly implemented. Key-less remote is non-tactile and not illuminated. Very disappointing.

Bang for the Buck...
By kurtri on 02/01/11 21:34 PM (PST)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I wanted a small car, with utility options, to replace an Audi A4. Like many people, I am trying to stay financially keen in current times. Is there a car with semi-luxury features, good safety reviews, acceptable gas mileage - all within the Compact $ range? Yes - the Mazda 3. The car handles nearly as well as my Audi and has respectable power. The front seats are very spacious and I do not feel 'jammed' in like the Audi. The seats are comfortable and the dash controls are intuitive. The Mazda 3 is larger on the inside and the versatility of the hatchback was a key factor for me. Looking for more personality than a ho-hum Civic? Give the Mazda 3 a try! 26 MPG mixed driving.

Great car! I recommend it.
By pwrofjoe on 01/27/11 08:12 AM (PST)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I was caught between buying a Honda Civic, VW Jetta or the Mazda3. The Civic lacked substance.. it was simple, not sporty, lacked knobs and features. The VW fell in the same category as the Civic, it was just blah. Dont get me wrong, they are great cars, but their design lacks a statement. It's just another car parked at the grocery store. The Mazda3 has great design, modern and a nice body kit. The interior feels solid and luxurious. Some people like the the front grill and others dont. In all honesty, if you dont sport a turbo charger, a big block engine or some NA performance engine, you dont need to have an aggressive front grill. The Mazda3 is a fun car and should be smiling! Enjoy!

Great bang for your buck!
By missourimazda on 01/17/11 22:13 PM (PST)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned my Mazda 3 i Touring Sedan for almost 2 months now and I absolutely love it. It is fun and comfortable to drive, gets good gas mileage, and does very well in the Midwestern snow. Some people may not like the tight suspension. Personally, I love it. It gives the car a sporty feel, I think. For what I spent, I got great power and lots of features like cruise control, power windows, traction control, etc.

Good but not great
By lisal79 on 01/11/11 06:22 AM (PST)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

We recently bought a Mazda 3 right before Christmas. My husband and I both just loved the way it looked and drove. We didn't even notice the 'goofy' grin, and even noticing now, I think it's cute. I do wish that the car got better gas mileage. Right now we're getting about 25mpg which isn't great. That is one of my regrets with purchasing this car considering that gas prices are starting to rise again.

More than I expected
By Joeymann on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

When I test drove this car I was impressed, but after purchaseing and driving it every day I am amazed at what a great car this is. My wife loves it and we both love driving it. A FUN car ! Tons of standard equipment and a very reasonable price. A no brainer if you are looking for a compact with pretty good gas mileage and lots of zoom zoom.

All Around Winner
By ClausS on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

To the person that wants rims and not hubcaps--buy ANY trim level except the very cheapest and you have alloys? That's a no brainer - The 2011 is near exactly the same as the 10 but the rear headrests tilt and they added a Moonroof/Bose pac as standard on all GT trims so the only upgrade it the tech which they toyed with by trading the aforementioned for the Xenons, Leds and rain sense wipers + auto headlight. Also switched to Synthetic 0W-20 oil! good move! Great car others pale, a honda fit? please 15" rims -zzz , I love the design as its grown on me and quite frankly I'm sick of insecure people that need mean looking cars , the smile is great! as is the car!

This car laughs @ Corolla and Civic
By Tony the test driver on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This automobile is exactly what I wanted. It handles well, comfortable and well designed and executed car, loaded with all main safety features. It has a pleasant growl during acceleration. The shifter is nothing short of magic. The exterior is perfect (besides the smile). It feels nothing short of German sedan, especially at night when the dash goes red with bunch of lights. You feel the road and you feel as part of this car when you drive it. Seat has good lumbar support. Ergonomics are good. Ride not worse then in Civic EX. Fuel economy should hit 30 mpg combined. Build quality is top notch. Headlights are super bright at night. Protege beat Civic/Corolla 12yrs ago for me and did it again

Zoom up and down the road.
By Drive drive drive on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I decided to replace my 2007 Focus. Looked at 2010 Corrola, 2010 Civic and Accord. After reading reviews people said to look at the mazda3. I drive around 30k just to work and I wanted a fun but good car to drive. After test driving all of them the mazda3 was the one for me. The Toyota was the best deal for the money but felt numb to drive. Honda was nice but lacked bluetooth and nice radio. I got a great deal on a 2011 mazda3 s sport with Bose/roof package. I love how it drives. I hope it will give me the 200k+ miles I am looking for. So far getting 30 mpg on highway. And me driving so many miles I wanted fun to drive.

King of the Compact Sports sedan
By Moses Tunde on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

It took me a while to decide on Mazda.It was my son who opened my eyes to the aesthetic masterpiece of the mazda3 design. After getting past the grinning front end, everything about mazda is sophisticated.I have the 6speed manual, which was a little hard to obtain.My car tackles corners with unparalleled confidence. The gearbox was a close ratio one and the best any car manufacturer ever invented.The ride is supple, yet not floaty; brake is very assuring, yet not blunt; Four wheel independent suspension indulges me, yet not compromising in handling. I do not have any gripe with my new mazda. Not only is the interior the highest quality of any car in it class, everything came standard! Bravo! mazda.