Used 2011 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Mazda 3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

I love my new 3
By jlmm3

2011 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a 2007 3s in 09 and loved it until I traded in and got my 2011 3s 2.5 with a 6 speed. This car is awesome it is fun to drive very quick and has good top end speed too. it is very well laid out both inside and out as well especially that dual exhaust.

engine sound, 6 speed, BT

Fun little car to drive
By heffay6

2011 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought an i Touring sedan and it is a blast to drive. This car replaces a worn out Cadillac Catera, so I'm expecting much better service than the often broke down Catera. Haven't had it long enough to report on gas mileage, but the acceleration is great for a small 4 cylinder car. Cabin is a bit on the smaller side but we do not anticipate having back seat passengers very often. The fit and finish is very good for a car in this price category. Good job Mazda. The wife and I are enjoying our 3.

Sportiness. Acceleration. Interior quality.

A bit more cabin space, particularly in the back. Bigger trunk. Automatic headlights.

Bumpy ride in Mazda 3 2011
By 99intrigue1

2011 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Just (within past two days) leased a 2011 Mazda3 i touring and absolutely hate the ride! I felt every tiny bump in the road....stressful and uncomfortable!! Also noticed handling on turns was odd...not smooth by any means. Looks great and nice features, but going to call dealer and see what my options are.

Nice but not for me.....
By pure_hp

2011 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the Sport hatchback, automatic. I love the bluetooth and the way it drives, lots of fun. Unfortunately, the wheel doesn't telescope out far enough for me without me being on top of the steering wheel, I'm 6'1. Because of this, the window switches are too far up the door handle; I'm constantly letting the rear windows down.

Bluetooth, Bose audio system

All Mazda 2.5L engines are in desperate need of a 6th gear for their automatics to help fuel economy. Sport trim level needs lumbar adjustment/support. One touch up/down for both front windows and one touch open/close for moonroof.

A half-priced Bimmer!
By paublo73

2011 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I am downsizing from a Mazda CX-9 and it could not be any more painless. This car is a blast to drive. I'm amazed how quick it is with the 2.0 motor and automatic. This motor has enough low end torque and the transmission is so well calibrated that it feels eager in all situations. I did test drive the Focus and while it does handle well, the transmission shifted too soon and masked that engine's extra power. I was able to get the 3 at invoice price which was much cheaper than the Focus similarly equipped. The cabin is on the small side but I'm short and the car seats fit, so I consider it "just right". This car is serving as a commuter/2nd car and so far it's exceeded my expectations.

I love the great handling of this car. All the control responses are just right: tight communcative steering, solid brake feel, and good ergonomics. This car feels more solid than a typical compact car.

The cabin is a little on the cramped side but acceptable for my needs. The interior plastics on the dash could use a bit of an upgrade, but could be worse. The carpet is also on the cheap side.