2011 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Still in love
By klann1246 on 04/27/11 23:53 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I was going between the Civic and the 3 and of course I chose the 3 and 9 months later I am still so happy with my decision. The functional, flashy and fun to drive. I feel good walking up to it in a parking lot.

High Value
By mazdat on 04/03/11 18:04 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I’ve heard good things about Mazda cars, and liked the looks of the 3, but never drove a Mazda until my 1997 Honda Accord EX with 200,000 plus miles needed more in repairs than I wanted to spend. The excellent driving dynamics of the 3, zero percent financing, and a great price loaded with options sold me on a 2011 Mazda 3 i Touring. The strengths of the 3 are handling, build quality, interior quality, good mileage, and an excellent Bose sound systems with Bluetooth phone/music player integration. My mileage with the 3 in a mix of city/highway driving was better than expected, returning 37 MPG employing a conservative driving style.

One of the best cars in its class.
By pezzy669 on 03/25/11 09:36 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

After 8 months with my Mazda 3 Grand Touring sedan I am still extremely happy with my purchase. Of the 5 cars I have owned over my lifetime this is the best car I have owned. The fun to drive quotient of this car should be the benchmark in its class. It does mean a firmer ride but for myself it is in no way objectionable. The interior features are astounding. Bluetooth, Bose stereo, heated seats, leather, etc. make for a very nice place to be. Overall you cannot go wrong with the Mazda 3, it is definitely a worthwhile competitor in the segment and in my opinion leaps and bounds better than the Civic and Corolla.

best car of its class, maybe other class as well
By gothamquan on 03/09/11 17:33 PM (PST)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

bought my self this Mazda 3 and just loving it. the look, handling, everthing about it is great. this is actually a COOL car to drive and to look at. interior is much better than a lot of more expensive cars. exteior also polished! it is a cool car for cool people. it is not a car that tries to be cool. ( corolla s and civic) anyway, very happy with purchase. at last, great price!

A nice change
By lanpingd on 02/22/11 16:04 PM (PST)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this last month and has put on 600 miles. Had to say goodbye to our 2000 year Ford Taurus, it's working fine but we relocated to SF bay area and parking was a headache. My wife is the main driver and she feels happy to make this "size" change: enough acceleration, relative spacious interior and trunk, stylish inside and out, and the parking can never be easier. The first two tanks averaged ~25MPG, mostly local with heavy traffics. Looking to keep this car for long time and we expect it to be no less reliable as the previous taurus. Good car for a budget-limited young couple!

I love my mazda3.
By rob917305 on 02/17/11 22:38 PM (PST)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first mazda and I'm very happy. I got my mazda3 two weeks ago and totally love it more everyday. It handles superb. Very nimble, lightweight, and sporty suspension. The manual feature is like a turbo magic button. This is the best designed compact economy sedan that drives like a mini bmw, is cool looking, and not boxy. Oh and forgot to mention, priced right.

Great car! I recommend it.
By pwrofjoe on 01/27/11 08:12 AM (PST)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I was caught between buying a Honda Civic, VW Jetta or the Mazda3. The Civic lacked substance.. it was simple, not sporty, lacked knobs and features. The VW fell in the same category as the Civic, it was just blah. Dont get me wrong, they are great cars, but their design lacks a statement. It's just another car parked at the grocery store. The Mazda3 has great design, modern and a nice body kit. The interior feels solid and luxurious. Some people like the the front grill and others dont. In all honesty, if you dont sport a turbo charger, a big block engine or some NA performance engine, you dont need to have an aggressive front grill. The Mazda3 is a fun car and should be smiling! Enjoy!

Great bang for your buck!
By missourimazda on 01/17/11 22:13 PM (PST)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned my Mazda 3 i Touring Sedan for almost 2 months now and I absolutely love it. It is fun and comfortable to drive, gets good gas mileage, and does very well in the Midwestern snow. Some people may not like the tight suspension. Personally, I love it. It gives the car a sporty feel, I think. For what I spent, I got great power and lots of features like cruise control, power windows, traction control, etc.

More than I expected
By Joeymann on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

When I test drove this car I was impressed, but after purchaseing and driving it every day I am amazed at what a great car this is. My wife loves it and we both love driving it. A FUN car ! Tons of standard equipment and a very reasonable price. A no brainer if you are looking for a compact with pretty good gas mileage and lots of zoom zoom.

This car laughs @ Corolla and Civic
By Tony the test driver on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This automobile is exactly what I wanted. It handles well, comfortable and well designed and executed car, loaded with all main safety features. It has a pleasant growl during acceleration. The shifter is nothing short of magic. The exterior is perfect (besides the smile). It feels nothing short of German sedan, especially at night when the dash goes red with bunch of lights. You feel the road and you feel as part of this car when you drive it. Seat has good lumbar support. Ergonomics are good. Ride not worse then in Civic EX. Fuel economy should hit 30 mpg combined. Build quality is top notch. Headlights are super bright at night. Protege beat Civic/Corolla 12yrs ago for me and did it again

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan in WA is:

$176 per month*