Used 2011 Mazda 3 s Sport Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

To much oil loss
By dacrunner

2011 Mazda 3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased a 2011 Mazda3 seven months ago, and have 21,000 miles. My local Mazda dealer has changed the oil every 5,000 miles using 5W20F oil. Every oil change the level has been a quart low. At the 10,000 mile change I ask the service manager to check the level before the oil was drained, he did and confirmed it to be a qt. low. At the 15,000 mile changed they again checked the oil and confirmed it to be a qt. low, and that we had an issue. At 20,000 miles they again said it was low but that was acceptable for my engine. The service manager just called me and said he has it in writing that 1 qt./1500 miles is acceptable for my car and I should be very pleased my car does as well as it is.

I love my new 3
By jlmm3

2011 Mazda 3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a 2007 3s in 09 and loved it until I traded in and got my 2011 3s 2.5 with a 6 speed. This car is awesome it is fun to drive very quick and has good top end speed too. it is very well laid out both inside and out as well especially that dual exhaust.

engine sound, 6 speed, BT

Great car! I recommend it.
By pwrofjoe

2011 Mazda 3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I was caught between buying a Honda Civic, VW Jetta or the Mazda3. The Civic lacked substance.. it was simple, not sporty, lacked knobs and features. The VW fell in the same category as the Civic, it was just blah. Dont get me wrong, they are great cars, but their design lacks a statement. It's just another car parked at the grocery store. The Mazda3 has great design, modern and a nice body kit. The interior feels solid and luxurious. Some people like the the front grill and others dont. In all honesty, if you dont sport a turbo charger, a big block engine or some NA performance engine, you dont need to have an aggressive front grill. The Mazda3 is a fun car and should be smiling! Enjoy!

6 speed manual and clutch. Responsive suspension and handling. Exterior design. Upscale instrument cluster. Dual exhaust.

Seat could be designed to support a bit wider folks. Seats should be able to sit lower. Sometimes I feel like I'm sitting too high in the car even though I've adjusted the seat all the way down. Auto off/on headlights should be standard. Allow quick tap turn signals instead of having to hold down the turn signal.

Zoom to the Front
By NateM

2011 Mazda 3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is my first brand new car and after a year of researching cars I couldn't help but go with the Mazda. I owned a '90 MX-6 that had 261k on it when I sold it. This car gets compliments at gas stations and in drive-thru's. The gauge cluster invites you into a cockpit that tells you this car wants driven. Handling is world class, power is peppy, and people are amazed when I tell them I have the 6 spd Manual. Love love this car.

Bluetooth (so nice while trying to drive 6 spd). 6 spd trans. Gauge cluster. Sliding armrest. The liquid metallic silver color. Huge compliments on it's appearance.

None I can think of, well maybe for a different oil dipstick. You literally can not read the thing. Your better off to just replace the oil and go by the manufacturer specs for oil capacity.