Used 2011 Mazda 3 i Touring Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

It worth every $ I paid
By yli2

2011 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2010 Mazda3 saved my life during an accident, so I decided to buy another Mazda. Finally choose this old model because I cannot trust 2012 SkyActiv tech. It took me a month getting used to this car since it is much bumpier then previous model. After test-driving VW GTi, I was assured the car was just tuned as it is. This car handles exceptionally well. Clutch synchronizer is smoother than my 2010 model. I get 30-32mpg, better than my 2010 model.

smoth engine, handling, smooth clutch synchronizer

Missed 6spd maunal trans. dashboard looks too busy. LED display looks cheap.

High Value
By mazdat

2011 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Iíve heard good things about Mazda cars, and liked the looks of the 3, but never drove a Mazda until my 1997 Honda Accord EX with 200,000 plus miles needed more in repairs than I wanted to spend. The excellent driving dynamics of the 3, zero percent financing, and a great price loaded with options sold me on a 2011 Mazda 3 i Touring. The strengths of the 3 are handling, build quality, interior quality, good mileage, and an excellent Bose sound systems with Bluetooth phone/music player integration. My mileage with the 3 in a mix of city/highway driving was better than expected, returning 37 MPG employing a conservative driving style.

Bluetooth Bose Audio, Smooth Shifting 5 Speed Manual, and Top of Class Handling.

A sixth gear for highway cruising. The 3ís gearing is great for commuting, but lacks a tall gear for cruising on the highway (it runs at approx 3600 rpm at 80). The 3ís mileage went down to about 32 MPG when cruising at higher speeds. The front style, although it looks much better with darker colors, such as black and graphite.

This car laughs @ Corolla and Civic
By Tony the test driver

2011 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This automobile is exactly what I wanted. It handles well, comfortable and well designed and executed car, loaded with all main safety features. It has a pleasant growl during acceleration. The shifter is nothing short of magic. The exterior is perfect (besides the smile). It feels nothing short of German sedan, especially at night when the dash goes red with bunch of lights. You feel the road and you feel as part of this car when you drive it. Seat has good lumbar support. Ergonomics are good. Ride not worse then in Civic EX. Fuel economy should hit 30 mpg combined. Build quality is top notch. Headlights are super bright at night. Protege beat Civic/Corolla 12yrs ago for me and did it again

My favorite features would be Blue-Tooth, front lights performance, interior design and solid feel. Also, gear shifter is excellent. I love waterfall center stack and analog instrumentation. Folding mirrors! Feel of knobs and buttons - it is solid.

iTouring should include heated mirrors. Cloth upholstery Velor would be better. I don't like motorcycle-styled dash and digital fuel gauge with no temp gauge. Adjusting steering wheel to lowest point covers instrumentation. Grill should be aggressive on this car-not smiley, it is performance!