2011 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Mazda 3
By gatski on 05/16/13 11:42 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Great car!!! Lots of fun to drive

Great Sporty Car at a Great Price!
By gigit on 03/16/13 09:08 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I loved my Mazda 3, which I recently gave to my husband when I bought a new Corolla. It looks so nice, I'm crazy about the style of it. It's a fun ride as well, and it's at a great price. We have had a few repairs on it. The front and back brakes went out very early and the horn broke, but these are minor problems. The only thing I'm not too keen on is the jet black interior. It's a great car and I'd definitely recommend getting one. Gas mileage isn't as good as what I hoped for, but it's not terrible either. I think the new Mazda's with Skyactiv technology get better gas mileage. I also find that the paint chips easily (I have a white model)

Great Economy Car
By ingersom on 12/07/12 00:22 AM (PST)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

the exterior of the car for this price range is fantastic! the subtle lines the beautiful headlights are a total turn on, however the interior is bland using black cloth and some silver trim throughout the whole car. you can be sure its not luxury. the features of the car are pretty limited but it does have bluetooth which is now a must have and pretty much all i needed... the ride is very stiff so if u frequent crappy roads u will feel every bump but when u get it out on a smooth fresh paved road with plenty of curves well... theres a reason why i have 4 tickets. road noise is pretty high especially in the backseat but at least while your back there you will have plenty of leg room

Excellent car, fun to drive
By mjs23 on 10/09/12 14:08 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned my 2011 Mazda3 for about a month, and I have never been happier with a car. I purchased it after a bad car accident, at a time when I never thought I'd feel safe or happy driving again. This car has changed my mind. I was drawn to it because of the great safety ratings, and the test drive I took it on sealed the deal. I average about 32 mpg, for a mixture of city and hwy. The road noise can seem a little loud sometimes, but not too bad. Nice acceleration, the handling feels almost sporty and it corners on a dime. The ride feels comfortable to me as well. Finally, I love the way the car looks inside and out, and my friends are always commenting on how nice it is.

Excellent Car!
By christophe111 on 06/06/12 09:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Mazda 3 brand new 7 months ago, and don't have a single regret. I love the handling, and wanted a manual, but decided an automatic was better suited to my long commute which often leaves me sitting in traffic. Everything has worked perfectly, and other than routine maintenance I haven't had it to the dealer for anything.

Nice car, just not for me.
By margaretanne on 06/02/12 17:24 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car new a year ago, and traded it in today. Really like the exterior on this car: fun design, sporty look. It was just not for me and I began feeling claustrophobic and cramped. The seat belts were extremely difficult to buckle ~ the buckle was placed REALLY low, esp. in the driver's seat. My kids couldn't buckle the belts for themselves and we would have to dig for the buckles under the booster seat. The fabric on the seats started wearing badly, and the finish was bad on the console. I would buy this again, for a young adult. Not really for a family.

It worth every $ I paid
By yli2 on 04/22/12 20:25 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2010 Mazda3 saved my life during an accident, so I decided to buy another Mazda. Finally choose this old model because I cannot trust 2012 SkyActiv tech. It took me a month getting used to this car since it is much bumpier then previous model. After test-driving VW GTi, I was assured the car was just tuned as it is. This car handles exceptionally well. Clutch synchronizer is smoother than my 2010 model. I get 30-32mpg, better than my 2010 model.

Awesome little car!
By sixkyej on 04/17/12 10:04 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this car 9 months ago and I couldn't be more happy with it! After trading in a 2000 Volvo S80 that was falling apart after almost 120K miles, I decided to get this car because I didn't want to pay any more repair costs. I haven't had one problem with this car yet! I got the i Sport 2.0L auto version, didn't come with all the bells and whistles, but since it's only me driving it and I was looking for economy rather than luxury, I decided to go with this model. But even for the standard edition it has plenty of features and feels like a luxury car. I plan on keeping this car for a long time!

Best purchase ever made
By amati5 on 01/12/12 16:34 PM (PST)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

This is the only car we bought without going back to the dealer in almost a year. In the past 6-7 years, we bought 4 cars (Toy, Hon, Nissan, Maz) and the other 3 had to return to dealer for some dumb repairs within the first year. This little car is perfect in every way: the price, the sporty ride and no rattle even in the cold weather and with the firm suspension. The 2 liters is tuned for low end torque and exteemly responsive. I guess this is the reason it has less gas mileage compared to others in the same class. A couple of less mpg but totaly worth it. The Turanza tires came with the car are very noisy so be patient or switch them out. Bluetooth works very well. Nice dashboard.

To much oil loss
By dacrunner on 12/19/11 09:35 AM (PST)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased a 2011 Mazda3 seven months ago, and have 21,000 miles. My local Mazda dealer has changed the oil every 5,000 miles using 5W20F oil. Every oil change the level has been a quart low. At the 10,000 mile change I ask the service manager to check the level before the oil was drained, he did and confirmed it to be a qt. low. At the 15,000 mile changed they again checked the oil and confirmed it to be a qt. low, and that we had an issue. At 20,000 miles they again said it was low but that was acceptable for my engine. The service manager just called me and said he has it in writing that 1 qt./1500 miles is acceptable for my car and I should be very pleased my car does as well as it is.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan in VA is:

$144 per month*