Used 2011 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:

New clutch at 20k miles
By chris_1

2011 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I first took my car in to the dealer when I noticed the clutch slipping after I shifted or when I accelerated at freeway speeds. Now, after 16 days, I finally have my 2011 Mazda 3 back with a completely new clutch assembly. Mazda paid 50%, not including the rental car. My final bill: $700 (not including the rental car cost for this time). They replaced not only the clutch disc, but the flywheel and associated bearings and parts. Apparently they consider replacing the clutch at 2 years / 20k miles to be "normal wear and tear" and not under warranty. In my opinion, the fact that it wore out so quickly, in itself, means it was defective.

Favorite Features

I have driven a manual car for almost 10 years (previously a Mazda RX-7) without any issues. I do not abuse my car, I do not ride the clutch, and I do not let anyone else drive the car. Mazda would not allow me to speak to anyone with the authority to assist me, specifically the district manager who made the decision. On top of that, the woman I spoke with when I called their customer service line at (800) 222-5500 was not only unhelpful, but flat out rude and confrontational.

Suggested Improvements

After this experience, I plan to trade this car due to the fact that it will need another new clutch at 40k miles of normal driving. Mazda has lost a loyal customer for life with their "guilty until proven innocent" mentality toward warranty claims.

fun fun fun
By baker

2011 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I am in my mid 60's===not the typical buyer of this type of car . This car is a hoot to drive . Just a lot of fun . Reminds me of my younger years when I would just go for a ride to have fun . Responsive handling and more than enough power .

Favorite Features

handling

Suggested Improvements

needs lumbar support