2011 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
First new used car, and I love it!
By jugar123 on 08/09/14 06:35 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I've bought this car about a month ago and put about 2,000 miles, and let me say, its amazing to drive. It handles the taconic curves like nobodies business. I love the bucket seats, makes the car feel like a sports car. I do have to admit, the back seat is a little tight for tall passengers, but its not a big deal at all. It's a perfect commuter car in my opinion. I average out 28-30, while doing 75-80 with the AC which is amazing. A full tank gets me about 450-500 miles that's mostly highway mileage . Great car.

Bittersweet
By holybull on 01/29/14 15:35 PM (PST)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I wasn't totally in love with the looks of this car but I do like hatches so I test drove it and fell for it right away. It fit me like a glove. A tailored glove. Handling is the best that could be expected from a front-wheel-drive compact. Engine has 175 HP and plenty of torque. The cosmetics are a different story. Windows rattling after not too long of owning it. Cylinder key lock in steering column replaced twice. And now, as if that weren't enough, I've been told I have a cracked piston ring and the thing is SLURPING oil. Not good for a car with only 51000 miles. Never again do I buy a Mazda. first and last. I'm spending more and getting a mini next.

New clutch at 20k miles
By chris_1 on 07/29/13 21:18 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I first took my car in to the dealer when I noticed the clutch slipping after I shifted or when I accelerated at freeway speeds. Now, after 16 days, I finally have my 2011 Mazda 3 back with a completely new clutch assembly. Mazda paid 50%, not including the rental car. My final bill: $700 (not including the rental car cost for this time). They replaced not only the clutch disc, but the flywheel and associated bearings and parts. Apparently they consider replacing the clutch at 2 years / 20k miles to be "normal wear and tear" and not under warranty. In my opinion, the fact that it wore out so quickly, in itself, means it was defective.

Mazda 3
By gatski on 05/16/13 11:42 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Great car!!! Lots of fun to drive

Great Sporty Car at a Great Price!
By gigit on 03/16/13 09:08 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I loved my Mazda 3, which I recently gave to my husband when I bought a new Corolla. It looks so nice, I'm crazy about the style of it. It's a fun ride as well, and it's at a great price. We have had a few repairs on it. The front and back brakes went out very early and the horn broke, but these are minor problems. The only thing I'm not too keen on is the jet black interior. It's a great car and I'd definitely recommend getting one. Gas mileage isn't as good as what I hoped for, but it's not terrible either. I think the new Mazda's with Skyactiv technology get better gas mileage. I also find that the paint chips easily (I have a white model)

Great except for the GPS...zero support from Mazda
By jsites on 01/01/13 11:35 AM (PST)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Great little car. Except the built-in GPS which is a rip-off. My brand new grand touring Mazda 3 came with outdated 2009 copy right maps on and SD card. After having a number of problems and fails with this GPS outdated maps (can't find direct route to the dealership for one thing.) I have attempted to get updated maps..... I am even willing to pay the hideously over-priced fee of $200 to get updated maps, they are simply not available (I was promised by the dealer when I bought these maps were easily upgradeable) The OEM supplier Denso says they are "out of stock", they do not respond to multiple emails I've sent, they refer me back to Mazda, which refers me back to Denso..... what a joke!

Great Economy Car
By ingersom on 12/07/12 00:22 AM (PST)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

the exterior of the car for this price range is fantastic! the subtle lines the beautiful headlights are a total turn on, however the interior is bland using black cloth and some silver trim throughout the whole car. you can be sure its not luxury. the features of the car are pretty limited but it does have bluetooth which is now a must have and pretty much all i needed... the ride is very stiff so if u frequent crappy roads u will feel every bump but when u get it out on a smooth fresh paved road with plenty of curves well... theres a reason why i have 4 tickets. road noise is pretty high especially in the backseat but at least while your back there you will have plenty of leg room

Good for 30,000, then all heck breaks loose
By lunaris on 12/02/12 18:49 PM (PST)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I don't generally review cars, but my experience with this vehicle was so horrible that I felt motivated to counter some of the shameless praise the Mazda 3 receives on this website. To put it bluntly, my Mazda 3 was a troubled vehicle. It was loud from the first day (I knew it would be), but the noise level rose as time passed. The tires wore down very quickly, and were extremely expensive to replace. But, what ultimately killed me was the clutch. Just over 41k miles, the clutch began acting up. I know a fair bit about cars and realized what it was immediately. Come to find that the clutch is a chronic issue for this car -- with many failing far earlier. And even at 15 or 18k, Mazda...

I Love my ZOOM ZOOM
By brittany16 on 10/22/12 11:05 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I owned a 2008 red mazda 3 hatchback for 9 months it had almost 55,000 miles on it and not a single problem and I recently traded it in for a 2011 celest blue Mazda 3 Hatch with 29000 miles on it. I have not one complaint about this car. It's 100% perfect. The handling is amazing, it's got plenty of speed and is extremely comfortable. The outside appearance is very sporty and nice looking and the inside is great looking as well. I give mazda 2 thumbs up when it comes to building these cars. I wouldn't trade mine in for the world.

Excellent car, fun to drive
By mjs23 on 10/09/12 14:08 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned my 2011 Mazda3 for about a month, and I have never been happier with a car. I purchased it after a bad car accident, at a time when I never thought I'd feel safe or happy driving again. This car has changed my mind. I was drawn to it because of the great safety ratings, and the test drive I took it on sealed the deal. I average about 32 mpg, for a mixture of city and hwy. The road noise can seem a little loud sometimes, but not too bad. Nice acceleration, the handling feels almost sporty and it corners on a dime. The ride feels comfortable to me as well. Finally, I love the way the car looks inside and out, and my friends are always commenting on how nice it is.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Mazda Mazda3 in VA is:

$144 per month*