Underdogs R Best
By diehard080 on
2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)
I appreciate this Mazda3 GT HB 2.5 auto even more I suspect after driving many other brands , Subaru, Toyota and specificall a 2008 Mazda3 Hb Gt 2.3 ! The upgrade in power has made the biggest change in this cars overall appeal . The suspension has been retweaked to make the slalom in the times it did back in 2008 when the suspension was similar to an old Alfa without shocks .But this one does and the ride is smoother and even more predictable than B4. They eliminated the minor vibrations from the firm suspension and when driving between 45 and 110 I feel like a racing dog that has finally been off leash .broken in w 25K it flys and overtakes cars 3x the cost. driver skill is rewarded!
Favorite Features
Yoko Avid tires -superb / My 2010 was the star of the new Body and engine revamp.Only in the 1st sale quarter of this launch did you get Water cooled dedicated transmission radiator. Also Memory seats and integrated side view mirror turn signals . Also heated side view mirrors std ! This bad boy was chocked full of goodies that put many a lexus and Accura on its ear . It came with so many features I cant list then so the highlights I will. Those first features dissapeared after the 2nd quarter never to return or be avaliable at any cost ...so if you have an early 2010 you have gold ! Engine power to 170 , increased MPG, Suspension, tires , Ergonimics, Rain sense wipers, auto lights , etc.
Suggested Improvements
The only thing Mazda forgot which I can add if I want to was a temp gague for the engine , I like to know when the engine is warm and when its straining , but I dont tow anything with it so thats mute unless it 100+ outside and Im in bumper to bumper . It just has an idiot light to tell you its to hot and pull over ...great . I seriously dont have one single other complaint or need . Yes we can all want for more or better this or that but honestly this car has delivered far far beyond what I expected when I traded in my 2008 . Yes in 2011 they added a cold light to the red idiot light , but Mazda wouldnt it just be easier to add a gauge ? comon its a sports car. Thats it .