catastrophic clutch failure at 14k miles
By natdallas on
2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)
I've really enjoyed driving this car. I've driven two manual hondas, one subaru and an old datsun. Never any clutch problems. My 2010 Mazda 3 had a tight clutch one day, and then in the course of a day and a half, the clutch engaged the gear only partially--losing power--and finally, with a snapping sound, no power at all. Miriam Stevens (at Mazda North America Customer Care) gave the impression that Mazda does not care about premature clutch failures on this car. I mentioned the many web-postings about customers with similar clutch failures that appear out of nowhere, ending in sudden failure. This issue is not the result of wear and tear. Want to call lawyer.
By hphopsoldr
on 12/19/11 14:33 PM (PST)

Same problem here...only had 8500 miles on my clutch and it went out fast. I was told Mazda wouldn't cover it as it is a wear product. Wear sounds more like 25,000 and above miles....8500 isn't wear.

By alenda2675
on 12/08/11 07:13 AM (PST)

I am going through the same ordeal with my 2011 3 sport. The clutch began to fail at 10,000 miles and when asked about it they indicated that it was normal. So I drove it for another 9,000 miles until last weekend the clutch completely went out. Mazda refuses to accept that its a defect until they pull it apart. Based on what I am reading online this has been happening to a number of people. $1100 to repair. I just called the CT Better Business Bureau and will hopefully get some help from them. I have been driving a manual transmission car (Honda, Mitsubishi, and 2 BMW's) and never had any problems with the clutchs. I am hoping that Mazda makes good on this issue but I have a feeling I am going to have to fight for this.

By coakub
on 08/09/11 15:02 PM (PDT)

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123800831-Premature-Clutch-Failure-in-2010-6-spd-Man&p=5754050#post5754050 if you read there, i am having the same exact issue, a class action lawsuit needs to be brought forth.

By coakub
on 09/14/11 13:50 PM (PDT)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/dontbuyamazda/ join this group if you agree.