2010 Mazda Mazda3 Consumer Review: Awed By Stock Handling

2010 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Review

i Touring Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Awed By Stock Handling
By Matt on

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Performance: 7/10 is because this car is too underpowered as far as performance goes. I came from a 200hp Jeep and a 300whp turbo integra so this is more or less the slowest car I've owned (although at highway speeds+ the mazda would prob. blow the doors off the Jeep because of aerodynamics and gear ratios). Comfort: Nice interior, only thing I'd improve is move the armrest closer to the shifter. Fuel Economy: Impressive. I average 30MPG, and that's with mostly "city" driving. Fun To Drive: YES! Awe-inspiring handling for a stock car compared to my souped up integra with very aggressive suspension & tires, AND limited slip diff. If the engine note was louder it'd be just about perfect.

Favorite Features

Interior Design: NICE! This car has features that my brother's similarly priced 2010 Corolla simply doesn't. You get a lot for your money with the 3. Exterior Design: Best looking under-$20,000 car I looked at BY FAR. The front bumper is the only thing I'd change. I don't mind it, but others do

Suggested Improvements

Build Quality: Ehhh... Manual Transmission is a little questionable, but better as the miles go by. Engine power hesitation for ~1 second after gear shift with A/C blasting. Paint quality questionable, dealership even told me "don't use harsh waxes." Reliability: In Question...SEE ABOVE.