2010 Mazda Mazda3 Consumer Review: Put This on Your Short List

2010 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Review

i Touring Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Put This on Your Short List
By garfield3d on

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

In short, it's a lot of fun to drive. There are definitely other cars that have more power and finer materials. However, you'll have to pay more money to reach into that pot of gold. And, regardless of price range, few cars can handle the nimbleness of a Mazda 3. If you don't care about your driving experience, a Civic or a Corolla might be better. But, for anyone who likes to drive for fun, this car should definitely be on your list.

Favorite Features

Without a doubt, Bluetooth has been my favorite feature in the i-Touring. I've found this thing to be far too convenient. In my old car, I've refrained from talking on a cell phone while driving, but the hands-free Bluetooth makes it easy to just tap the button on the steering wheel and talk away. At highway speeds, it does get a bit noisy for the listener to hear you, so you'll have to talk louder in those cases. The Bluetooth capability can also be used to play music from an iPod or your phone, and I've been teeing off on that feature too with my Blackberry.

Suggested Improvements

Mileage could be improved. Additionally, the Bluetooth microphone should be placed somewhere where road noise isn't so obtrusive.
By mazda_3_gt
on 07/08/11 15:20 PM (PDT)

Great review. I agree with your feelings of the car. The High Quality of the interior materials rivals those of Lexus, Acura, BMW and definitively all of the crap GM and Chrysler put into their cars. I have owned Mazdas since 1979, and have driven all of them for well over 300.000 miles without any major problems. Just maintain them well, and they will last and last and last.