Clutch Issue
By Raquel on
2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)
I purchased a 2010 mazda 3 hatchback on 5/31/09. Car was driven for only two days and had problems w/ the clutch disc. Dealer repaired the issue then drove the car the next day. Car just stopped in the middle of the road and will not move, this time dealer ended up changing the clutch and transmission.To make the long story short I opted for a collateral exchange with the same model and specification as the 1st car I purchased.I got a 2nd car,after driving it for 2 weeks, car broke down again bec of the burnt clutch.I have driven a manual stick shift car for almost 20 years and this problem never happened to my Accord and Acura.I opted for lawyer representation bec Mazda won't fix the issue
Favorite Features
I like the idea that they placed the subwoofer under the place where spare tire is located.It does not caused a lot of vibration in the back seat when you turn the volume higher.
Suggested Improvements
I spoke with my friend in CA whose a mechanic and he had fixed at least 6 cars in CA related with the clutch disc. I suggest Mazda will re- evaluate the manufacturing of the clutch disc especially on the new 2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback.
By coakub
on 09/14/11 13:50 PM (PDT)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/dontbuyamazda/ join this group if you agree.

By coakub
on 08/09/11 14:59 PM (PDT)

I am having the same issue. you can read more about my problems here http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123800831-Premature-Clutch-Failure-in-2010-6-spd-Man&p=5754050#post5754050 There needs to be a class action lawsuit brought forth.