Used 2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:

Most Helpful|
Definitely the best bang for the buck!
By johnnyBgoode

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is my 4th Mazda that I have purchased. I owned '89 Mazda 626, a '09 Mazdaspeed 3, '08 MX-5, and now this '10 Mazda 3 GT Hatch. It's a great car with good MPG. The features of this car in it's segment absolutely blow the competition away. Trust me you won't be disappointed in what this car offers. It's very quiet inside the cabin and the engine is smooth and quiet as well. The features are insane! My car has: adaptive front lighting, fog lights, 6 spd manual transmission, 6 disc Bose audio system with 10 speakers, moonroof, bluetooth, leather seats, heated front seats, LED tail lights, automatic bi-xenon headlight, and many more too list. Truly the best bang for the buck!

Favorite Features

Hands-free Bluetooth, 6 speed manual transmission, Bose audio, leather seats, trunk space, quiet cabin, decent gas mileage, LED tail lights, automatic headlights with auto adjust, power seat with memory

Suggested Improvements

Stiffer clutch, better braking, just a little bit more interior room. These are not deal breakers, just something they can work on, on the 3rd generation Mazda 3.

Great car recommend to all
By mymazda3

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have this car for a little over a year and it has been a great car. My previous car was a 99 Honda Accord and this has alot more power and handles a lot better. everything is still running like new. One of my biggest gripes is that the original tires burned out extremely fast. Around 20K. It has plenty of power for passing and get up to the top speed, well the limiter. The shfit gear has loosen up a bit over the 28k I have had it but still good.. Love that all i have to do is change the oil which is great for a college student minus the tire issue. It scratches easily by the under the door handle.

Favorite Features

engine, handling, interior, bluetooth, side mirror blinkers, great sales ppl

Suggested Improvements

6 speed, and actual clutch. its not bad jus not like a honda. also needs a better horn no one gets takes you serious when you hit it.

30K mile UPDATE-
By diehard080

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have revirewed my 2008 versus this 2010 and already have concluded it just that much better. I will focus on the passing of time,servicing and performance continuity. I replaced the Avid-Yoko's which I found on the harsh side like the previous 08-09 suspension set-ups but slightly more ameinable to all-around driving with a bias towards all-out sports car tuned firmness. I installed Bridestones new Pole Position S-04's and even though the overall tire is heavier at 70-90mph this car is silent and super-stable at 85 I'm turning 2900 rpms and its not even breathing hard -this damn 2.5 wants to be ridden to 120+ and sprout wings. Everyting else is tight and right ! Just oil/filter and gas .

Favorite Features

The car seems to be breaking in solidly and has become even smoother than when new it rips down the fwy. as if its not even under any strain at all. I just can;t help letting it level at 80 where it seems to be very happy and ready to pounce up to 125 at the slighest throttle imput. Its just become so unbleivably fun to drive its usually the highlight of my day ! I noticed at 30K they run a cleanser through the injection system by hooking up a 2mm hose with something similar to gumout and it melts the carbon out of the cylinders as you can see the plume of smoke when its done. After that its run like never before . The handling and steering imput are second to none and I had a 911 .

Suggested Improvements

I always said that this car had one thing that still irritates me and that is there is no coolant temp gauge. or for others a hot and cold temp indicator. Theres just a dummy light that will turn on if it overheats . In 2011 they added a blue -Cold- light that lets you know the engine is not warm yet . But the 2010 dosent have that . I wouldnt trade a 2010 for a 2011 because the 2010s had a dedicated transmission cooler and memory seats standard on GTs . Not the 11;s I hope that Mazda will offer a gauge as I would buy it and install it immediatly at any cost . I want to know what the temp of my engine is and when its at running temp or getting hot before its too late . -thats it

65,000 update
By diehard080

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have had nothing but great driving experiences and initially when this car came out people were wineing about the front end ,now almost every car company has stolen the body of the Mazda 3 2010 hatchback .people are stopping me at gas stations so it seems mazda again way ahead of its time .I'm writing this just after the first plug change & using mobil1 20-50 syn as factory oil in 2010 for the 2.5 was 20-50 Dino , I switched after break in at 10k . Then in 2011 the 2.5 got 0-20 syn as factory oil. So after plug change this thing bloomed like a new car and rips like a rocket that's been sport tuned . It definitely still blueprint balanced .

Favorite Features

This engine is amazing at 65k and ridiculous oil changes every 2-3k after a 5k first oil change for good break in followed by another 5k of Dino oil , then a switch to Mobil 1 and 2-3k changes thereafter . Granted I don't drive it hard , but I have been in some traffic jams and that sitting is hard on any engine , also i change the Trans fluid every 25 k. As theres no service advisement except see dealer ? If you can find a mechanic you can trust or just do it regularly ,I choose to be safe as changing Trans fluid as it's a big overlooked service on an auto Trans . And this electronic Trans is killer and if you got one of the first 500 2010s shipped to the states you got a Trans cooler also

Suggested Improvements

The Trans cooler , can be easily spotted by looking directly at the front of the car at. About 2 ft up and you will see the drivers side black vent is actually webbed and allowes air to pass thru it and open the hood and down below the headlight assembly us a small 5" x 10" small radiator tucked neatly in there . Guess Mazda found they just put to many things on this car initially as in the USA in the 2 quarter they eliminated the side mirror integrated turn signals that are mandatory on all cars in Europe . But not the US , so 86 . If you got an early one like I did you got both of those items ,no extra .Needs temp gauge instead of idiot light ,and no oem gauge is offered aftermkt.grrrr

Nice Car for the money
By phild

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

My last 4 cars were BMWs. When I purchased the Mazda 3 I expected a great letdown, but boy I am surprised! This car is a joy to drive. Very comfortable and surefooted, goes exactly where you point it. It has many features found on cars costing thousands more. Feels very solid on the road. On my 2nd tank of gas averaging 25mpg. The hatchback carries lots of stuff, just a joy to get behind the wheel.

Favorite Features

Blue tooth, interior features, lots of pep for an inexpensive car. Comfortable seats with good adjustment.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a better horn