Used 2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Unmatched In It's Class!
By Diehard080

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I traded my 2008 Mazda3 GT for this 2010 Mazda3 GT and the improvements are obvious and immediately noticeable. Better transmission, Handling, Build, road noise/manners, just everything. Initially hardcore Mazda3 people like me almost hated this car just based on LOOKS ONLY. That passed and now it's beautiful as I realize it's as close to a perfectly built car as exists in ANY class for ANY price. The competition is laughable in specs and build and here's 1 reason why- Totoya Corlla-built- Canada/Indiana/USA,Honda Civic-built- Indiana/USA, Nissan Sentra-built- Mexico?, Thats one BIG reason but this car belongs in comparison to Lexus Is250, BMW3, MBZ-C, It's even better than those for the money.

Favorite Features

This car is built far out of the class its in. There are just to many points of excellence here just know that it would need much more room to list it all. Easier to just say perfection! This is a unique vehicle that only comes along once every decade or so if you miss it, to bad! 6K and rocking.

Suggested Improvements

This car is built buy god or luck, and the only thing anybody could possibly conjure up as needing improvement are things they want that it doesn't have but for the $$$-? how much can you expect?

More Than I Expected!
By Truthsayer

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I traded my 2008 M3 HB GT w/Bose-Roof pack the exact same trim and package as the 2010 that I got. Scared like heck that it would not be as good I took the plunge. This car has turned out be to Superior in every way. More solid build, better handling, more power, smoother transmission by leaps & bounds. This trans mated with the new 2.5 is a marriage made in heaven. It doedn't hunt or over shift and electronically is dialed in better than my BMW was. It hits gears on the money and the new frame makes this thing float along better than a Lexus is250 -no lie. It's smooth, responsive and at 80 you feel like launching to 150 with ease. I cant begin to describe the value of this car- unbelievable-tops

Favorite Features

Transmission,Solid feel,refined luxury car feel,super duper handling machine without the teeth rattling like B4.All around "Pinch Me I can afford it and can't believe I own it" aurora, Stereo( Bose ) Xenon lights that have Adapting left/right steering connection . Capacity is perfect as is size.

Suggested Improvements

Remove other cars from in front of me as I constantly am rolling up on people that don't seem to have vehicles that want to go as fast with as little effort. Keeping the turn signals in the side view mirrors would have been good because that was a great feature that they eliminated after the launch.

Cool drive
By cambridgedude

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Only have owned this cool little Mazda for 10 days, but love it already. After 600 miles I am averaging 29 mpg, in about 60% highway driving. Decent acceleration, effortless cruising, wonderful cornering and handling. Slick 6 speed manual; don't get the auto unless you really can't drive a manual, this is one of the best shifters you'll find under $30,000. Good deals going now, got mine under $18,200 with 0% financing, a great value. Styling is a matter of taste, personally I think it's cool. Bluetooth cellphone connection is something I thought I'd never use, but it's extremely useful, particularly in a manual when your hands are otherwise occupied.

Favorite Features

Cornering, manual shifter, bluetooth, acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Got to be real picky to come up with anything: clutch could be bit lighter, stereo controls and trip computer controls could be a bit simpler.

Just bought it, but so far impressed.
By Greg

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

So, I just traded in a '99 Chevy Cavalier for this car, so I'm sure my review will be a bit inflated. I absolutely love the style, and the drive quality is such an improvement over my Chevy it's hard to describe. I've yet to configure the BOSE stereo and bluetooth and whatnot, but I'm sure it won't be difficult. I'll update my review after I've driven it around for a few months.

Favorite Features

mostly everything

Suggested Improvements

none yet

Mazda not Honda
By JDL

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I was at Norm Reeves Honda of Cerritos ready to buy a honda Civic LX Auto. They quoted me a price over the phone of $17,900 OTD. drove 35 miles to dealer, picked out color and they ran my credit. The whole time i kept asking is the price $17,900 OTD. Everything went well until they took the price to the boss for the ok. he would not sell me the car for that price, THANK GOD. Two days later i went to Browning Mazda and drove the Mazda 3 Hatchback Auto. I love this car. Tyler at browning Mazda was great. I got the car OTD for $21,000. Buy this car, you will not be disappointed.

Favorite Features

Handling Features Very Large glove Box ( Laptop will fit ) 167 HP