2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Luxury without the price tag
By Shelltop on 11/30/09 18:11 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is my 1st Mazda. I was driving a 2000 Jetta before. I was interested in this car b/c of its sports car appearance. I was surprised to discover that it has a luxury car interior/feel without the price tag. I got the moonroof package. It's a smooth ride with a kick. I've only had it for a couple of days. But, it has been fun!

Mazda3 Sport HB (no bose, no tech pkg)
By David on 11/09/09 17:47 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Best overall package in the segment. Driven the Golf, Civic, Corolla, Camry and used TSX and it trumps them big time. They all have prices around $20,000. Handling, ride and comfort are great. The route I drive has some bad section. It absorb and bumps and cracks well with confidence. Running on smooth road has no road noise at all. Noise on bad road are not bad also. No squeak and rattle. Price is reasonable and the hatch is very useful. Engine is very powerful, but sacrifice fuel economy. This is not your car if you expect 30+ mpg. It is not as smooth as the Toyota 2.5L. But better than the others. Rear seat room is plenty unless you have 2 6-footers front and back.

2010 Mazda3 Hatchback
By twebb on 11/07/09 10:12 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Great car for the money. It has good power and a hint of exhaust note that make it fun to drive and it handles well. The updated styling looks good, and the hatchback is convenient for hauling small loads. The only slight drawback is the fuel economy - I'm averaging 24.2 mpg w/ 2500 miles driven. I suppose if it had 20+ less horsepower and was slightly smaller like the Civic it would be better. I'll take fun to drive and a couple less mpg.

Love this car
By BS on 11/04/09 15:21 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I got Bose and Tech pkg. Nav is small but easy to use. Love the advance key that's the main reason I got Tech pkg). The seat is comfortable for me(but they can be too hard and narrow for a lot of folks). Power is good (not as great as the Speed) but enough for me. Rear passenger room/hatch area is much smaller than my 2003 Matrix. Suspension is on the firm side which is what I like but I would like the car sit a little lower. The wheel gap is very big with a SUV look. Manuel transmission is easy to operate and shift smoothly. Just there's a groaning noise when the car start moving from 1st gear. It's not super quiet but I think it's reasonable (change the OEM tires may help)

My Mazda hasn't disappointed
By Cheryl on 11/02/09 18:15 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I was really apprehensive about trading in my trouble-free manual Camry, but I couldn't be happier with the Mazda 3 Hatchback. It's a blast to drive, the seats are comfy, and I'm pleasantly surprised with the gas mileage. I have a smile on my face every time I get in the car!

Way above its class...
By omz2302 on 11/01/09 08:40 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

So i have owned this car for about 4 months now. A fully loaded GT hatchback. I gotta say that mazda has paid attention to EVERY little detail in this car. When you enter the car, even before turning it on, the dials begin to illuminate slowly and the air conditioning controls pulse as the screen on the car reads "zoom-zoom". It just gets you excited to even press the ignition button. You hear the car rev, a pleasant tone is played and the cars headlights move around to calibrate. LOVE it! Try test driving this car at dusk, thats when all the cabin details in this thing can show off. Handling is good, i feel like the hatchback version does have more body roll, but thats what you get.

performance in a hatchback
By MnMazda on 10/29/09 15:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Recently purchased Mazda 3 hatchback with 2.5 liter engine and 6 spd manual transmission. After 1000 miles of local use, we took a 4000 mile driving vacation through the Rockies and Arizona/Utah. For two people, the cargo capacity of the hatch was great. The car performed flawlessly, with plenty of power in the mountains, and easy cruising at 75+ mph on the freeways. Our average mpg over 4000 miles was 29.5, most miles at freeway cruise. Handling was crisp and confident in the mountains, and comfort was very good on long driving days. Plenty of power and speed in freeway passing situations. The more that I drive this car, the more I like it.

Lots of car in a manageable package!
By hthomas on 10/24/09 00:34 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Was looking for a fun-to-drive, economical car for daily use and after research, narrowed it down to the VW GTI or the Mazda 3. The VW was more powerful, but the Mazda3 GT 5-door won me over due to its premium features and content, pricing, an engine that doesn't require premium unleaded (unlike the VW), and its comfort and handling. I have had the car for over two months now, and I haven't regretted my decision one bit. I love my Mazda, and I love the fact that I got so many premium, luxury-level features in a small, nimble and efficient vehicle. The blue accent lighting in the interior is a nice touch, and the fit and finish seems to be great. I'm very happy with my purchase.

Zoom Zoom - Mazda 3 s Grand Touring -WOW
By Sir Force on 10/07/09 19:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Having driven 2,500 miles in just over a month this car is fun to drive! Daily commutes are really enjoyable. I was originally looking at the speed but when none were available with the options I wanted the sales guy suggested driving the 3s GT - I was hooked. Plenty of power and it runs on cheap gas compared to the turbo version. The amenities such as heated seats, heated mirrors, xeon headlights, led tail lamps, and great sound this care is very enjoyable at a great price! I would buy the Mazda 3s GT again in a heartbeat. I can not believe the value I feel I get from this car and how refined this vehicle is. Highly recommended, drive one and see for yourself!

Great car
By BigBear123 on 10/06/09 13:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

First, not mine, reviewing my girlfriends mazda3, i drive it a lot though. Think the 5 door is one of the best cars out there right now as far as value and what you get. 2.5l engine is peppy enough to enjoy, but small enough to average 30+ mpg, and the data center in the interior makes keeping track of everything easy and fun. This car looks good head to toe, interior is nicely laid out with lots of great features, from lighting for just about everything, to the good looking tac ometers. Hatchback makes hauling large or odd ball shaped things easy, like 46" flat screen tv. I have nothing really bad to say about this car, I want one, but she already has one... that would just be weird.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback in WA is:

$162 per month*