2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
mazda 3 grand touring 5 door
By arogin on 01/20/10 07:35 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

great car. every option possible at a great price. the manual transmission is really smooth.

Smiling Car, Smiling Driver
By Suzi on 01/17/10 18:01 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Love my car.Really wanted a hatchback, so choices were limited. Mazda is fun to drive and has good pickup when I need it. Am happy with the mpg I'm getting(27), and enjoy coasting when I can and watching the car get 99.9 mpg. Great blend of fun and practicality. If it's as low-maintenance as my last Mazda(a 2004 6 wagon), I will have found my automotive bliss.

This wasn't written just after purchased
By kdresch on 01/09/10 21:40 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Unlike most reviews that are written just after the car was purchased and are 100% positive because you are so excited, this one is being written four months after purchase, after you get to know the car and it's positives and negatives. Hope it helps you. After driving BMW 3 series cars since 1982 I have to say I'm overall impressed with my Mazda 3 hatchback. It beats my old, aging, E36 Bimmer hands down. The suspension is downright TIGHT, the control is superb. Acceleration with my 6 speed manual transmission is super quick. To me the turbo is overkill.

Fun to Drive and few faults
By MikeL on 01/09/10 20:11 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

After driving and owning Viper's and Corvette's I found this little car a blast to drive. Got the 2.5 Sport Touring. Build quality is better than the hand built Viper and you do get used to the smiley face look in a few weeks, great first car for my lucky kid to take to college.

From a former 2004 Audi A6 owner
By Michael on 01/05/10 09:25 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Just stepped down from an Audi A6 to a gun metal blue Mazda 3 GT (or did I). Love this car after just a week of ownership. Design, build, performance are all top notch for it's class. Test drove this and a Mazda 6 (we already own a CX-7) and found that I liked the 3 better. I couldn't afford the six cylinder Mazda 6 and the 4 cyc appeared way down on power. Best bang for my buck. We now own 2 Mazdas with this being the fourth. No regrets.

Big surprise
By Mark on 12/28/09 19:27 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

My wife researched this car for 2 months, but I did not pay much attention to her reviews. When we went to test drive the car I was very impressed by its looks and handling. Also very impressed with the options the car came with. Blue-tooth, 2.5 ltr engine, 6 speed manual, etc too many to name. Also very impressive dashboard design. I also like the 17" tires.

Great car for the money!!!!!!
By Alex on 12/28/09 18:38 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car a the day after Christmas. I was looking at a VW GTI and a Honda Civic. The GTI was nice, but overpriced. The Civic was nice too, but lacked the "extras". So I looked into the 3. Wanted the HB for the extra storage capacity. This car has everything you could want in a car at a very reasonable price. I've only put 100 miles on it so far, but it is so much fun to drive! My aunt had a Mazda in the 80's and 90's. She drove it to the ground and never had any issues. Mazda makes a solid car. Making Car and Driver's 2010 top 10 list isn't too shabby either. MUST BUY!!!

Fun and practical
By Sam on 12/25/09 19:35 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I switched over from a Mercedes 350-E which was plagued with problems and poor quality not to mention expensive maintenance costs. I chose a Mazda 3 2.5 litre GTE model and am extremely satisfied with the car. Have traveled across the country this summer and never even had a minor problem. The gas mileage is good but city consumption is slightly heavy in traffic. The car has enough power for highways and passing. It has many features of a much more expensive German luxury model but far cheaper to run and maintain. It also runs fine on regular gas and has a smaller environmental impact compared to German imports . The GPS display screen in the dash is a bit small and hard to read.

For Those Who Love To Drive
By Jeremy on 12/22/09 08:59 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

With all the modern improvements to newer cars (suspension, braking, steering, noise, etc) it's getting hard to remember what a driving a car really feels like. Most new cars are taking away the responsibility of driving and putting it in hands of computers and technology. Although my Mazda 3 has all of these technological advancements, they have combine to provide a driving experience like few others. You will feel the road, have confidence while steering, hear the engine, and feel the grip under braking. Thus, it is not a car for the passive driver. But, if you are looking for a car that you will actively drive and get feedback during the experience - the Mazda 3 is a great choice.

Exhilarating ride, impeccable design
By Mike on 12/09/09 08:58 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I compared the Mazda3 hatch to the Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, Toyota Matrix and Honda Fit. My wife has a Fit and loves it. But for me, I needed something sportier with better pickup and a little more style. The Matrix was too pricey and bland and the Subaru's style didn't impress me. For only a grand more than the Fit, I got a Mazda3 with everything I could ever ask for. Granted, I did sacrifice fuel economy (my wife's Fit averages 38 mpg, but I'll be lucky if I can get 28 out of my 3). However, the 3's engine is monstrously powerful, making it an absolute joy to drive. It has a tight turning radius, is a pleasure to drive and I don't notice any excessive road noise. Highly recommended!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback in WA is:

$162 per month*