Used 2010 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

The straight dirt
By CJ

2010 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the Mazda3 simply because it was great on mileage, something my Jeep Liberty wasn't. On a full tank of gas, which is about 375 miles in the Mazda, I'm saving $50 every time I fill up. It's a much smaller vehicle, granted, but that's a huge difference. And as fun as the Jeep was to drive, this is close, and that's saying something. It's quick, it's stylish and comfortable enough. I looked at every other car in its class, and the Mazda3 not only looks better and got better ratings but it's cheaper overall than all of them. Like many other small cars, it has its drawbacks. It's a tight car, but trunk space is good. But i'd definitely recommend it.

Favorite Features

It's a nimble car. Gas mileage is very, very good. Acceleration is good off the line, but so-so thereafter. Exterior design is really sharp. Having Bluetooth on itouring is a great bonus.

Suggested Improvements

Seats are much too hard. Really no reason not to have extra cushion. The Sentra, which is not a great car, is 10 times more comfortable. The orange/red backlighting on the dash looks outdated. Brite white or blue, like that of the Civic, would have been better. Need Standard Satellite radio.

My second awesome mazda 3 !
By Mark

2010 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I love this mazda 3! I bought a 2007 mazda3 in 07 and now I bought a 2010 mazda3 S grand touring this year. I love everything about it, the s gt comes with everything a BMW has. Power seats, heated seats, power locks, windows, rain sensor, sun roof, Bose sound, blue tooth for phone and ipod, aux port, leather seats, 2.5l 4 cylinder that will kick any 4 cylinder in its category. Stability and traction control are awesome in the snow and for high speeds! Never had any problems owning my 07 for 3 years and never had a problem with my new 2010, now with 14,000 miles on it. I get 25 mpg average and i drive like crazy person lol. This car does curves like a champ and responds really well!

Favorite Features

traction and stability control for high speed curves and snow. heated leather (optional) Bose sound (optional) sun roof (optional) price of my top of the line 3 was 25k in Utah

Suggested Improvements

Where I get in on the left side of the drivers seat is starting to wrinkle the leather because the side is to high and my rear hits it when i get in so it folds. I am not overweight, im 6 2" 190 lbs, but i cant jump that part of the seat when I get in.

Great car, great handling
By Kicking_cans

2010 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Love this car! Accelerates fast, getting 31 mpg, corners great, and... handles accidents well! Plus, mine has push button start, awesome! Going to the gym, throw my keys in my gym bag, & leave them there. Push the button to start, while the bag is sitting on the front passenger seat! I've driven the Dodge Challenger for a day trip; and performance wise, 3 big differences. Mazda gets better gas mileage, and corners better. The Challenger travels at 95 mph better. (At 65/70 MPH, they're the same.) Oh, and I backed into another car, got a 3 inch dent in my bumper. But it's plastic, so pushed/popped it out. Now looks like a light scratch on my bumper, instead of a huge dent!

Favorite Features

Cornering, push button start, acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

GPS. It's $200 to update the GPS maps, and the interface isn't great. Hopefully they release an update to the interface.

The best
By max

2010 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

6000 mi update. I have this car for almost 7 month now, and I canít get tired of it. Drives very well. Bluetooth is awesome. Just bought a roof rack and bike rack. Car looks even better. So far only one small issue, a loose rear stabilizer bar at 5000 mi, fixed quickly and without hassle. Previously own 07 Subaru impreza 2.5i and I can say that My Mazda 3 is much better car.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, 6 speed manual, handling, interior.

Suggested Improvements

Temperature gauge please.

Awesome Ride
By George

2010 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Well this is my first car I have ever purchased, I previously drove my moms Infinity J30. Well first of all the front looks great, I wasn't sure when I kept seeing the pics and all the reviewers talking crap about the front of the car but trust me in real life once your standing infront of it, it does not look bad at all. I like hip hop/rap so a good sound system is a must, I bought the cheaper version just standard everything and the system is LOUD the bass does not bump like if you had Subwoofers in the car but it is really loud anyway. I love driving it on the expressway in Chicago because the acceleration is crazy! Def take it for a test drive I did and bought it...

Favorite Features

Uhm I would say the sound system, acceleration and just overall look. Seriously the car looks fantastic in person.

Suggested Improvements

Power locks and standard alarm system.