2010 Mazda Mazda3 Consumer Reviews 8

2010 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
No Regrets!
By MikeyMike on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I haven't had one regret on this purchase since day 1. I've owned 7 cars and excluding my 1970 Triumph, this is the most fun car I've ever driven. The handling, comfort and features all fit my driving style perfectly. I can take off-ramps at speeds that scare my wife, take off when I need to move quick, idle quietly at red lights, etc. I'm not quite hitting the EPA mileage, but I drive hard and I get about 22-25 city depending on how rough I run it. Only quality issue I have is the cover to my GPS memory card on the dash broke and fell off on it's own. They replaced it free, but annoying to deal with. And for those that don't like the "smile" grill, I love it!

Love this car!
By gman on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This by far has been the best drive I have ever had. Just got out of a 2009 Acura TSX, and could not wait to get out of it. Mazda 3s is by far a better ride, and $10k less. This car rocks and even with less power then the TSX, the handling compensates. I have only driven the car for two days, but already love it. I hear people complaining about road noise, I don't hear it, all I hear is the fine tone of the exhaust. In The TSX, I could hear the engine noise, by far worst then anything I hear with the Mazda 3. I will never look at any of the other competitors in this segment, don't see how they will be able to compete.... This might be the best car ever built for the money....

Zoom Zoom for sure
By Roy on 09/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Compared to every other vehicle in this class, I could only find one that compares favorably with the Mazda3 (Forte with the 5 speed ECO package). Everything else seemed a bit outdated, and not have as many features standard. That may change in 2012 with the new versions of the Civic, Elantra, Focus, and Cruze. The Mazda has the best ride, great handling, solid feel, and a knockout interior.

Mazda 3 best in class!
By TLH028 on 09/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

The 2010 Mazda 3i Touring (Auto) is a really fun car to drive. It's has a very tight feel and handles extremely well. Although the ride may be to firm for some the driver really gets a feel of the road. The styling both exterior and interior crush the competition, (Civic, Corolla, Colbalt & Focus). The 3 is a little bit small in the drivers seat and prob would not be comfortable for 6'2" or taller drivers. The quality and set up of the interior controls are outstanding. The funnest and most enjoyable car to drive in its class...ZOOM ZOOM

The Best
By DrewH1987 on 09/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I only bought this car a few months ago, but it is amazing. Everyday I go out to my parking lot and think OMG this is mine. I don't think you'll find a better car for the money. I mean this thing is fun to drive on country roads, highways, and even parking lots! When thinking about buying one look at what you get already loaded on to the SGT, then look at a Civic EX or another car in it's class it's almost funny. I love this car and I love the feeling everyday of getting in it and having fun driving down the road. ZOOM~ZOOM!!

Pleasantly Surprised
By ZMZM on 08/31/10 04:18 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased a base automatic as a commuter car and got a huge surprise! The Mazda3 is an extremely well balanced car. Handling is tight and acceleration from the 2 liter engine above expectation and no "buzziness" as found from other products. Interior is base but well thought out. Power windows but not locks and a radio that while not exceptional is pleasing. Design of the entire car is well thought out both inside and out. Compared to my 2008 Corvette, some of the interior trim work exceeds the nearly $60,000 Vette. As a compact sedan, I would be pressed to have done better having spent $15000 for what I think is a bargain. We intend to pass this one along to our grandchildren!

Avoid.
By Trex on 08/30/10 20:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The car is really loud inside. No need to opt for the upgraded stereo because it's really poor -you can tell when the car is parked. When the car is moving, you can't hear anything anyway. The interior and exterior trim are so cheap and flimsy. When you are shopping don't be afraid to tug on these bits and you'll see what I mean. be gentle in case there is a break it you own it policy. I get 19.2 mpg combined, which is appalling for a modern 4 cyl 3000 Ib car. The seat is too small for me (front), I'm 5'7", 140 Ibs. The lights are worthless, can't see anything- I could go on but I'm getting tired -in short, please don't waist your hard earned $$.

Lot O fun for the $
By Kilmer on 08/26/10 12:58 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Decided to get the base hatchback which is called the "sport" and its set up exactly as the higher priced "grand Touring" same, suspension, 2.5 -4 engine, interior/ext size , just a few less amenities. but U do get a 7-phone bt system, stability& trac control, CD,Ac ,all- pwr,TPMS more- . This car is chock full of goodies for the money and blows me away with its manners as after testing the "competition" it literally was no contest ! corolla- not, sentra-not , civic-not even close , I mean Mazda was thinking so far out of the box that the others are eating dust and I'm certain many other designers/techs at the aforementioned companies lost their jobs because this Maz-3 deserves the Gold Medal

Very pleased.
By Joe on 08/16/10 06:05 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really like my Mazda 3. I traded a 2000 Miata for it, and expected a letdown in the fun-to-drive department when it came time to trade. I didnít have much money to spend, and I needed something economical for my very long daily commute. Those criteria donít usually lend themselves to much fun. Or so I thought. The Mazda 3 is great fun to drive. The 2.0 liter engine revs willingly and the five-speed manual shifts smoothly and positively. It corners flat, the steering is precise, and it brakes confidently. And for an inexpensive car, the 3 doesn't look or feel cheap. Materials and build quality are good. There really is something to the "zoom- zoom" stuff.

Solid
By S on 08/14/10 21:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

After only 500 miles, I'm sold. Fun to drive, lots of Zoom Zoom, steering/handling is precise. Ample power (way more than my 02 Subaru Outback). Just took a road trip over the mountains to Eastern Washington and it was a champ. Oh, and averaged 31.4 mpg my first trip, cruising at about 70. Good stuff.