2010 Mazda Mazda3 i SV Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Fun but hurts
By TTprod

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

This is a Great little car cant ask for more for what you get. I am 6'2" the seat is a little small for me but that's my fault I should of went for a longer test drive the gas mileage is off the best I have got so far is 30.16 mpg the worst is 24.86 I drive interstate only the same way day in and day out I have just over 10,000 miles now and two oil changes. I think if I got the 2.0 with the power seats I would be more happy with the seat but my other car was an Infiniti with a 12 way power seat. the car is fun to drive and I have got use to the seat great part I can sit in the back seat just fine and my head does not touch the roof as a driver or rear passenger. spend the extra 1k for power.

Favorite Features

Blue tooth blue tooth best part of the car my number one reason I bought it works very well for phone calls sometimes the voices are low but all in all very good. car does have a sporty side so it is fun to drive trunk is huge for this size car seats are easy to keep clean I have a five year old.

Suggested Improvements

drivers set needs to be a little longer may be a car temp gauge that you can toggle with the air temp beyond that this is a great car. just upgrade to the 2.0 with power spend the extra few bucks its worth it if I could do it over I would. thinking of just buying the power seat and installing it.

Welcome to Zoom-Zoom Nation!
By ucbearcat1975

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Just got the car last night but consider I just had a 2008 Mazda3 i Touring for the past 2 years. I will come back & write a review after a few months, but 1st impressions. New Mazda3 is incredible! Handling, check! Superior fit and finish, check! Int/Ext Design, check! Turns heads, check! Bluetooth, check! Fantastic Bose radio, check! More power (167 hp compared to 148 in the 08), check! More Zoom-Zoom spirit & performance, CHECK! Makes me smile and want to drive, CHECK, CHECK, CHECK! This car is a pure joy to drive so far. I used to want a BMW 3 series, but I now look at those cars & think to myself. BORING! Sticker $23,645. Got mine w/roof for $19,900 + T/T.

Favorite Features

Int/Ext design (I like the grill a lot), it's bold, agressive, exciting and enthusiastic, like the people who should be buying this car! Leather seats, Bluetooth streaming of music to the stereo (works great with my BB Storm), the increased power is appreciated.

Suggested Improvements

A few have complained about not having a temp gauge, I don't get it. I had one in my 2008 & you know how many times I looked at it? ZERO! Maybe being in some parts it's necessary, but not where I live. How often do new cars overheat anyway? Maybe redo the speedo layout in the dash. I LOVE IT

Fun little car
By mazdamazda3

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I was initially looking at the Mazda 6. The salesman at the dealership found out exactly what I was looking for in a vehicle and suggested the Mazda 3 instead. I test drove both and have to say the Mazda 3 was much more funner albeit smaller but for what I need it was perfect. I have had a BMW 3 series a few years back and I would have to say it handles just as well as that vehicle for half the price. It's got a lot of pep for a small engine and actually looks very nice. I am very happy with my purchase

Favorite Features

Looks good, has a good pick up for a small engine and handles like a German car. Cant go wrong with the price for what you get

Suggested Improvements

You could always get better gas mileage then again this gets 10 more MPG than my old car.

Well Crafted Machine
By jazzman

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

After 3 months of driving this car it feels even better now than before. One reason is the dealership overfilled the tires to nearly 50 lbs. Recommended pressure is 35. After realizing it, the ride became much smoother and less rough. Glad I checked it. Average mileage is around 27. Can probably do very good highway if you can stay at 60 but this car likes to move fast. The 2.0 liter engine has done well, very smooth, fairly quiet. Getting on a highway with a full load may require using the tiptronic manual shifting to open the engine a bit. Rear door access for adults is tricky but I bought this car for me. I've got a 2009 Mazda 6 for carrying the family (that's a great car). Test drive it.

Favorite Features

Handling, steering, safety features, ergonomics, appearance, lighting, bluetooth and radio controls (on steering wheel), tossability on back roads, alloy wheels, fold down rear seats, aerodynamics helps in high winds, wet weather handling. Great price for value.

Suggested Improvements

Front seats can use a little more cushioning (not a deal breaker). Can't think of much else to criticize.

Love It
By Jenn

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

My college graduation present to myself. My first car was a 99 accord. I loved the accord but I do not regret my decision about the 3. I test drove almost every car in its class from civic to sentra and I can honestly say the mazda3 blows them all away. My advice to future buyers is pay the extra grand to get the s model because the styling is more refined than the lower models. And side by side there is a huge difference. People have actually mistaken it for a Lexus IS 250 from the back, which is fine with me!

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior styling, bluetooth, blue and red gauges, welcome lighting, auto-dimming rear view mirror. The smiling front. Performance way better than competitors.

Suggested Improvements

The rear view and side mirrors rattle like crazy if you put the radio any higher than volume 30. I wish everything wasn't put into packages. I wanted a sunroof but couldn't make myself spend 2000 for it because I didn't need the Bose or 6cd.

Great compact car
By yjystr

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's really a fun-to-drive car, much better than Civic and Corolla. Made in Japan makes the car perform very impressive.

Favorite Features

Driving performance and audio system.

Suggested Improvements

Should increase the fuel economy a little better. Looking forward to the i-stop technology.

Well Designed 3
By mazdaboi

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

After numerous mazdas I fell into another one. The new 2010 design was not all that catchy at first, but gradually grew on me until I broke down and just bought one. Very comfortable, sporty, and fits a family of 4 comfortably. Car seats work well in the rear. Very nicely engineered and designed transmission with 5 gears, little to no "shift-shock" almost feels like a CVT. Really cant complain at all. Great price and extremely high crash ratings compared to others. A++ Mazda.

Favorite Features

Center information control center for Clock, radio, temp, mpg, wide 205 tires on the "i" model.

Suggested Improvements

choice for a softer fabric, and under dash/kick plate floor lights. Make fog-lights and power locks & cruise control standard on all vehicles.

Fun on a budget
By J.L. Pruett

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After five years of driving an F-150 I love driving and filling up our new Mazda 3. We wanted to replace the truck with an economy vehicle that is also fun to drive. So far we have no complaints.

Favorite Features

I like the layout in the interior of the car. All instruments are easily visible. I like the stereo's shortcut buttons on the steering wheel. We had an excellent experience with the dealership we bought from.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing presently comes ot mind, it is just what we were looking for.

great car
By jaybee723

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is one, if not the best car you can get for under 17k. This car has plenty of acceleration for the average driver. Also, the comfort and handling of the vehicle is above average of a car in its class. Fuel economy is very good as long as you don't floor it around. Good luck with that. Highway miles per gallon at 75-80 are around 33-35, and in the city around 28. Gears seem to be a little short, but this car works well even at high rpms. Blutooth is quick and simple to set up and use,the stereo is great for stock, and the vehicle's build is solid and quiet.

Favorite Features

Blutooth, stereo system, handles (this is where this thing shines) acceleration, and the dash is directed toward the driver.

Suggested Improvements

Should include the multi-information display should be standard on all trims.

Remarkable Car
By ppudgem

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Just got a fantastic deal at Duncan Mazda outside Blacksburg, VA. Purchased 2010 Mazda3 iTouring with 0% financing for 60 months and $500 loyalty cash for $16,500 out the door. It is a sweet ride with all the amenities. Our 1999 Mazda Protege ES has 259,00 miles and runs like a top although it has rust. Bottom line, the iTouring is the current generation of reliable, fun-to-drive and economical Mazdas. We compared ours to Honda Civic LX, Ford Focus SES, Suburu Impreza, and Toyota Corolla, and believe we got the best value.

Favorite Features

Handling, Styling, Fuel Economy

Suggested Improvements

Replace stock Bridgestone tires with Goodyear Eagles or Assurance to reduce road noise.