2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
More than I need at below my budget !!
By TONWAT on 03/09/10 05:04 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This car has everything I need(fuel economy, fun drive, sunroof, Bluetooth, leather seat) and more than I need (Bose speaker, memory seat, BT audio, Adaptive head light). I was comparing with Mini Cooper, Honda Civic and VW Golf GTI and these cars have some good features, but overall, Mazda3 has better value than these. Plus, 0 down, 0% APR/60 month, no payment until e/April pushed me forward to purchase this car!!

Impressive Ride
By iCGAux on 03/07/10 19:13 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The Mazda 3 hatchback is an incredible value. So many standard features that you would most likely have to pay extra for with other comparable brands (Honda, Toyota, Subaru). The car is a joy to drive - handling is impeccable for it's class, engine is powerful for the weight to power ratio. My decision to purchase this car was also based on the new Consumer Reports 2010 best cars, which the Mazda 3 received an excellent rating. My only concern is gas mileage. I do about 50/50 city/highway and the car computer (neat feature) is averaging 25.5 miles per gallon. I fully understood the gas mileage expectations before purchase, but it would be nice to average 30 mpg.

Manual Mazda Forever
By roger bower on 03/07/10 17:39 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

well built,good priced,good looking/performing,reliable,roomy hatchback .. glad I chose the 6spd man over the auto .. way better performance and much more fun to drive .. would recommend to every owner to change out the original air- filter element with K&N, I noticed a huge improvement .. gas mileage is still disappointing for a 6spd man .. I got better gas mileage out of my old 2.5 Altima with four spd auto

Boring
By wassock on 03/06/10 06:33 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

With financial challenges looming I needed something less expensive to run than my Lexus IS250(which I loved).The styling and alleged reliability of the Mazda3 checked the right boxes.Unlike those who chose to write a review after a few weeks, I have waited 9 months so as to be more subjective. In a nutshell, the car is boring, gas mileage has worsened slightly, the engine is noisy, the center display is inaccurate..avg speed has not altered since day 1,outside temp gauge is erratic and virtually useless (the dealer says it is operating normally!) No big deal I know but it should work. That aside, I love the styling, the pearlescent white works well, and the car starts every day.

Sportability,Luxury,Economy
By BLR on 02/22/10 13:25 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

More bang for your buck with this car. I have the 2010 Mazda 3 4 door Hatchback with all options possible. It takes a little while to figure out how to use all the technology features it has. Still trying to figure out the Homelink option.Otherwise very impressed with it. Cargo room is functional.This car has great steering and pep.Makes you feel like your driving a luxury car,yet saving you lots of $$$.Very sporty interior. I have had compliments on it from people as I am in parking lots. The smile shaped grin ,grows on you. Love the pwr.Moonroof Bi- Xeon Headlights that follow the roads curves. LED taillights show up well at night.So far it has been reliable and fun to drive.. Zoom Zoom

Smiley Face for a Reason
By Hanky-pooh on 02/18/10 23:14 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

1st off,I'd like to applaude Mazda for having the balls to design a car that isn't a corporate cookie cutter boring mainstream offering to the 90% of boring humans that are the status-quo! I think the smiley-face grill is awesome and evokes a fun feeling to the car.I'm from Chicago,but got a great deal from a dealer from Omaha and drove my Audi quattro to get it.On the way back with the 3,we literally drove thru a blizzard thru Des Moines and we passed many ditched suv's without a hitch!Also,after 7 hours the seats were incredible!If this car is even remotely reliable,I'll consider it the best purchase of all of my auto life...including several Benz's and Audi's!Bravo.....go check it out..

Great Car
By todd on 02/14/10 14:45 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Went from a Lexus IS 250 to a Mazda 3 GT with the tech and bose package. Couldn't be happier. For well over $12,000 less than the Lexus, I get far more features (heated seats, rain sensing wipers, seat memory, bluetooth phone AND music streaming, xenon adaptive headlights, Navigation, etc.). Much more fun to drive than the Lexus (got the 6sp manual on the 3). For the price (I got well under invoice) there is nothing that can compare.

Big Disappointment
By Rob on 02/04/10 09:36 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Had the car for a month and it's been back to the shop 3 times to correct a vibration/modulation problem coming from the wheels/tires (which has yet to be corrected). Other issues include mediocre gas mileage, noisy interior on anything but smooth pavement and a few creaks and rattles after only 1,000 miles. The ride is firm and sporty but very unforgiving of bumps and cracks typical of NJ roads. Like a previous reviewer commented, I was downsizing from a higher-end vehicle and the Mazda 3 was the only car that offered some of the high-tech bells and whistles that I was used to. Otherwise, don't expect anything more than a fancy economy car.

The Ultimate Commuter
By psiegler on 01/23/10 22:39 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I commute daily 75 miles, one way, from Phoenix, up a wonderful, winding highway where the speed limit is generally governed only by one's own prudence. The recent purchase of my 2010 '3' Hatchback has made me a Mazda believer. Plenty of power, plenty of comfort, great interior design and ergonomics, and it corners as if on velcro. The shifter feels stiff, and MPG avg. is only 28 or 29, but zoom on. Love it.

love it !
By M3H on 01/22/10 17:00 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I did a lot of reviews on mazda3, civic, corolla, drive them all and wow, what a difference. You can really feel the power of mazda3, I love the features, you have all you need and they are really useful. I bought this hatchback at invoice price, graphite color to hide the smiling grille. I have the Bose package but my accords sound system is way far better than the Bose. Maybe because it doesn't have the subwoofer and only the front speakers are the Bose, the rest are standard. Over all, I love the aggressive look of the hatchback, civic and corolla just look so boring. We'll see this coming fall when the 2011 civic comes out. I'm a Honda boy, but the m3 hatchback is really a top competitor.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback in VA is:

$130 per month*