2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Love it!
By m3fan on 06/18/10 16:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This car looks and feels amazing! Handling is top notch, and the acceleration with the S is great. Even at high speeds the car has plenty of pep to reach down and enable easing passing on the highway. The styling is sleek and aggressive. As others have commented, the car gets mistaken for a Lexus IS 250, especially the rear styling.

Awed By Stock Handling
By Matt on 06/17/10 14:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Performance: 7/10 is because this car is too underpowered as far as performance goes. I came from a 200hp Jeep and a 300whp turbo integra so this is more or less the slowest car I've owned (although at highway speeds+ the mazda would prob. blow the doors off the Jeep because of aerodynamics and gear ratios). Comfort: Nice interior, only thing I'd improve is move the armrest closer to the shifter. Fuel Economy: Impressive. I average 30MPG, and that's with mostly "city" driving. Fun To Drive: YES! Awe-inspiring handling for a stock car compared to my souped up integra with very aggressive suspension & tires, AND limited slip diff. If the engine note was louder it'd be just about perfect.

Very Happy
By Roxy in Northern, VA on 06/14/10 14:41 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Before buying this car, I shopped for over a year for the right car. Other vehicles I considered were Nissan Altima, Acura TSX, and Honda Accord. I am very happy with my Mazda. It is so responsive and fun to drive. I live in Northern, VA, where there is a lot of traffic. I am happy to say, I have used this car many times to get out of bad traffic situations. It accelerates quickly, even with a car full of people. It's so comfortable and stylish. My only gripe is that the horn sounds weak and I don't think the mileage is all that great. Overall, I'm extremely pleased.

Dissapointing
By Diro on 06/13/10 16:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my Mazda 3 sedan for about 6 months. I wish I had bought something else but I needed a car so. The gps is sub par ( a tom tom is just as good) it needs a rear window wiper. It's under powered and hesitates at freeway speed when you need to accelerate quickly. The power Windows have already failed. The wheels seem to be wearing unevenly. All this mind you is a car less than a year old. Gas mileage is consistently lower than most estimates. Ok I live in California where I do mostly freeway driving. The ride is rough and somewhat noisy.

Over-Hyped
By Zack Harmon on 06/12/10 15:21 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

These vehicles are not well-made. My paint on the hood and whole front clip is chipping off whenever anything hits it from a bug to a grain of sand. The gearshift knob spins. The tilt/telescope wheel doesn't stay where you set it. It is very hard for me (5'-10" and 205 lbs) to get comfortable. There is no ergonomic way to use the armrest while you drive. It is really loud in terms of road noise transmitted up into the car. Now there is a shake in the front end at highway speed. It is simply an over-rated piece of junk. I hate this car more than any other I have ever had. It has 7,000 miles on it, I can only imagine how bad it will be at 20,000.

The Holy Grail
By GOD on 06/10/10 14:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I finally logged 2000 miles and decided to run this pup up HWY north of SF and let me tell you this locomotive took off like Tony Dorsett when he won the Heisman and the engine was relaxed and suspension was just working like it was made to finally but never a tire squeal was a heard . I was not pushing this thing to see what it would do, I was dying it to see what it would do while I was still in a relaxed state, and that my fellow Mazda drivers was fast enough to have literally every single car move off to the right and let me pass without even trying. Effortless and incredibly balanced is all I can say - yes folks as near to perfect as any car I can say I have driven-

Sweet3
By mazduh3 on 06/09/10 09:15 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

This car has the highest in its class for safety, quality and reliability. This is my 4th Mazda, and i will continue to be a member of the Mazda family. The smoothness of the transmission, excellent fuel economy. Very Sporty, plenty of power out of the 2.0L MZR 4 Cylinder engine with 148 hp. Easy to get up and go in traffic. With small children safety is key, and this beat the CIVIC and COROLLA hands down. A++ Mazda! Don't compare apples to oranges, don't compare the Mazda price to a Honda or Toyota, You get a lot more than you pay for with a Mazda, especially this 3. So if you're looking to buy one, stop thinking about it, BUY IT

New Mazda owner
By William Baldwin on 06/09/10 08:34 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2010 model 3 after test driving the 2010 Corolla. I drove a 2003 Corolla for seven years and was impressed with Toyota and was prepared to buy another until I compared the Mazda 3 and the Corolla. The Mazda 3 is more stylish and has a better quality interior by far than the Corolla. The Mazda 3 has very good handling and pick up and fit and finish is excellent. The sporty suspension provides for a rather stiff ride but is not a major problem. More road noise than I am used to but again, not a major problem. It is too early for me to comment on reliability. I personally find the seats somewhat uncomfortable for anything other than very short trips.

Fun but hurts
By TTprod on 06/02/10 14:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

This is a Great little car cant ask for more for what you get. I am 6'2" the seat is a little small for me but that's my fault I should of went for a longer test drive the gas mileage is off the best I have got so far is 30.16 mpg the worst is 24.86 I drive interstate only the same way day in and day out I have just over 10,000 miles now and two oil changes. I think if I got the 2.0 with the power seats I would be more happy with the seat but my other car was an Infiniti with a 12 way power seat. the car is fun to drive and I have got use to the seat great part I can sit in the back seat just fine and my head does not touch the roof as a driver or rear passenger. spend the extra 1k for power.

Welcome to Zoom-Zoom Nation!
By ucbearcat1975 on 05/25/10 11:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Just got the car last night but consider I just had a 2008 Mazda3 i Touring for the past 2 years. I will come back & write a review after a few months, but 1st impressions. New Mazda3 is incredible! Handling, check! Superior fit and finish, check! Int/Ext Design, check! Turns heads, check! Bluetooth, check! Fantastic Bose radio, check! More power (167 hp compared to 148 in the 08), check! More Zoom-Zoom spirit & performance, CHECK! Makes me smile and want to drive, CHECK, CHECK, CHECK! This car is a pure joy to drive so far. I used to want a BMW 3 series, but I now look at those cars & think to myself. BORING! Sticker $23,645. Got mine w/roof for $19,900 + T/T.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan in VA is:

$141 per month*