2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Makes long commutes fun and sporty
By ThrilledCommuter on 05/16/10 21:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car! I considered an Audi A3 TDI, which was easily $15K more, but am ecstatic I got the Mazda3. More Money does not equal a better car! My Mazda3 has the technology package and moon & tune package, so I am smiling all the way to work. It performs pretty well, and has awesome cornering. However, downshifting can sometimes be slow. But that is the only mediocrity I have with the car. My mileage varies from 25 - 28 depending on how much highway driving I do. But that is something I expected before buying. The technology package rocks! I don't mind the navigation screen size, and love the bluetooth audio streaming. Very comfortable all around, and hints of high quality material.

In A Class of Its Own
By Romanizer on 05/16/10 08:21 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Tough to add to so many enthusiastic reviews. They are all correct. I have owned all sorts of cars and can tell you that this 3 is an amazing little machine. Sexy looks, stellar handling, zoomy power plant, lux/techy/sporty interior, chock full of technology. Plus, Mazda reliability. All at a ridiculously low price. Pssst, buy this car!

Great Lux
By Jon on 04/24/10 14:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This s Grand Touring is one heck of a machine to drive! Safety features and rating are unmatched - with adaptive headlights, H-bar skeletons, and built- in bluetooth system. The Bose surround- sound audio system with the noise canceling just puts you right in the studio! Love the push-start botton, dual-zone automatic climate control,and the hatch versatility that transforms into a storage capacity that rivals any small truck! This is in-deed a vehicle in a class of its own!

Fantastic Car!
By Mazda Convert on 04/20/10 22:32 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought this little beauty for my wife and we absolutely love it! Drive this, then go drive a BMW 328 and I'm pretty sure you'll find it difficult to justify spending another 15K for little more than luxury brand image. Mazda built one heck of a car. Only complaint is lack of standard IPOD integration -- bluetooth is great though so we just stream music through our iphones (the bose stereo is worth the extra $). For a compact the mileage may not be what most expect, but if you want 4 or 5 more mpg buy a Civic (great car too), but you'll miss out on the great character and the hell this car can raise on the road!

2nd time M3 Owner
By MazReview on 04/17/10 20:21 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The 2008 GT was a good car with luxury items patched on to it. The 2010 GT is an improved car ( Horse Power, Handling , HWY Gas Mileage , Front Lights,Styling ) with the Luxury items designed in from the start. The steering wheel human interface for the Audio / NAV / Driving Metrics are first rate. Dual Zone Temp Control/ Heated Seats / Push Button Start / Bose Sound are all executed in fine fashion. At $25K- $26K you have a BMW Handling / Acura Electronics Sporty- Luxury car. The Acura TSX costs about 32K and is a "floater" in terms of Handling. $25 K might buy you a BMW hub cap. Like the Dodge-Hemi Charger this car makes those who spent lots more for a similar car feel strange.

Excellent and Fun to drive car
By Alex on 04/17/10 12:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I love this little mazda 3 GT. It is extremely fun to drive with great handling and decent fuel economy. It never feels like it lacks power and it constantly turns peoples heads. Plus the amount of standard features this car has makes 50,000 dollar luxury cars look mad.

LOVE my new Mazda!!!
By cubbiesfan10 on 04/03/10 15:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I was having a VERY hard time with the thought of getting rid of my Toyota Corolla S for a new car since I have never had any problems with my Toyota and absolutely loved that car. But it was time. After owning my Mazda 3 for one week I can honestly say purchasing this car was the best move I ever made. It has a very sporty feel (the low profile tires and sport-tuned suspension make it fun to drive). I feel like the car hugs the road and has VERY good pick up for being a 4 cylinder. I was VERY impressed at night when I noticed tiny indigo blue LED lights illuminating my cupholders and arm rests. This car is very well made, fun to drive and priced extremely well for all that it comes with!

Just purchased - already impressed
By Blague on 03/28/10 14:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Like other posters, I compared the Usual Suspects (Golf, Civic, Impreza) and, feature for feature, none of the others came even close for what I was looking for - both in terms of purchase price and the 0% finance incentive. I've only driven it for a few days -and will post again once I've broken it in- but I very much enjoy driving it, the Bluetooth features, the Bose sound system, the seating position and the suspension setup. In short, I truly feel I've made the right decision.

Very happy with my car
By JONWELDON59 on 03/21/10 19:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my car for one month an am very pleased and impressed with the performance and comfort. I almost purchased another Honda Civic, but am glad I went with the Mazda 3.

I love this car!
By Angie on 03/21/10 14:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I went from an '09 Subaru Legacy to this. I could not believe the difference in handling. Such a minuscule amount of body roll. Such great grip on the road. This car is amazing. And to top it off, it has such a great look! This car deserves the giant smile on the front. I would smile all the time too if I was this car. And I smile when I drive it. I'm so happy I got it. Beautiful inside and out. If you prefer the slushy drive of your basic economy car, then this car is not for you. For true driving enthusiasts that also want something practical for everyday driving.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback in VA is:

$128 per month*