Used 2010 Mazda Mazda3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda Mazda3

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:

Control your drive
By jazzman

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I got this car just 6 days ago but already felt compelled to write something. I have the touring i automatic and the engine gets you off the starting line very well. I love good handling in a car and this one delivers with precise steering, good road feel, holds center real well. I own the 2009 mazda 6 too and it's been fantastic. The 3 is sportier and I hope to have great driving experiences with it. The dealer was good to me and the price and financing were excellent.

Favorite Features

You sit like in a "cockpit" with everything accessible. I like the blue tooth phone connection system. The automatic tranny seems to make good decisions so I haven't messed with the manual shifting mode yet. The 2 liter engine seems fine for my needs and I want great mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Hard to suggest improvements for what I paid for this car.

Great bang for the buck
By Steve Breen

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've been a pickup truck guy for years as my daily drivers. My need for a pickup has declined in recent years, and I was getting weary of constantly putting gas in the thing. So, I began researching cars that were: 1) Cheap to own and operate 2) Fun to drive 3) good features and finally 4) great value. Well, this car actually exceeds across the board. I looked at the usual suspects in this group, and nothing has the personality and depth of features that this little Mazda has. I actually look forward to driving now, as this thing is a blast to drive. For as little as it costs, it just seems like a steal!

Favorite Features

Fun factor, handling, eager engine and great shifting transmission (manual 6sp). Interior really looks like a much more expensive vehicle with tons of thoughtful touches all around. You get the sense that the guy that designed it actually drives the thing.

Suggested Improvements

The information display has a different color the the other gauges, so it looks out of place. Fortunately, you can turn that off. Finishing trim inside the trunk is non- existing, but I'm really nitpicking here with a 22k car.

New User New comment
By lawrence

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Have just got the car for 3 days. It is a car for my son to replace the Grand AM that he had driven for the past 5 years since I bought it in 95. I drive a 05 BMW 530i and an Outlander. test drive Jetta, Sentra, Corolla and he finally settled on this. I suggest <2.0 engine size, so Jetta was out (only 2.5l). Excellent handling, easy to drive, light steering, nice match interior and external color. Nice panel. Engine very powerful considering a 2.0 engine. Speed up smoothly, efficient brake. Not used to the zig-zag type auto gear shift. too early to comment fuel economy, still on 1st tank.

Favorite Features

1. smiling face design 2. Panel looks great, very fancy entertainment console, feel like driving an UFO. 3. turning radius very small 4. easy steering 5. move in/out of vehicle very easily. 6. seats desigh stylish 7. interior and external color match 8. Greeting message displays at console

Suggested Improvements

1. very noisy while driving, soundproof need to be improved. 2. feel the bumpy road too clear (comparing with driving BMW 530, haha), probably suspension system need to be improved. 3. good for 150 lb driver like my son, but should consider 200 lb driver comfortness as well.

Smiley Face for a Reason
By Hanky-pooh

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

1st off,I'd like to applaude Mazda for having the balls to design a car that isn't a corporate cookie cutter boring mainstream offering to the 90% of boring humans that are the status-quo! I think the smiley-face grill is awesome and evokes a fun feeling to the car.I'm from Chicago,but got a great deal from a dealer from Omaha and drove my Audi quattro to get it.On the way back with the 3,we literally drove thru a blizzard thru Des Moines and we passed many ditched suv's without a hitch!Also,after 7 hours the seats were incredible!If this car is even remotely reliable,I'll consider it the best purchase of all of my auto life...including several Benz's and Audi's!Bravo.....go check it out..

Favorite Features

Literally everything!

Suggested Improvements

I cant comment on reliability yet,but at this time nothing....mpg's are not stellar,but knew that comin' in....

2010 Mazda 3 Grand Touring 4 Door
By bautenrieth

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Before buying this car, I spent hours upon hours reading reviews and doing research. Some reviewers complained of excess road noise, bose sound lacking bass, cheap interior materials, etc... I'm telling you, do not pay attention to these people. The Mazda 3 GT is a luxury car for those of us on a budget. I could not be happier with this car. If you are having doubts about buying one, take the GT for a test drive and you'll find your answer.

Favorite Features

The leather interior is fantastic. The Bose Sound system is GREAT. It has plenty of bass if you aren't the kind of person that needs your car to shake the neighborhood. The interior has a luxury finish that no other car in its class can touch. The drive is very smooth and the handling is responsive!

Suggested Improvements

I did not opt for navigation since it is not text to speech and the screen is tiny. The Multi Info Display is a bit useless and does not match the color scheme of the rest of interior lighting. No engine temperature gauge!