Used 2010 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda 3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Picked the Mazda 3 over the Volvo S40
By ekcooper

2010 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

It was time to trade my 2007 Mazda 3 & I was looking at the Volvo S40. The Volvo design was appealing & the size was similar to my 07 Mazda 3. I test drove the 2010 Mazda 3 Grand Touring and the Volvo S40. No comparison! Although I really liked the idea of owning a Volvo (safety & status), it really could not compete w/ the fun-to- drive feel of the Mazda. The sticker price for the LOADED (everything including navi & push-button start) Mazda was $25,900 while the Volvo (with some amenities but nowhere near the options) was $32,000. For the feel of the two, there was just no way to justify a $6,000 difference. And, the 2010 Mazda feels much better than its 2007 predecessor. I love this car!

Feel of acceleration; great features such as heated seats, navigation, push- button start, seat memory, Bose speaker system, drive feel, styling, headlights, dual climate control, liquid silver color, Sirius satellite, feel of the console, look & feel of the instrument panel, comfort, & FUN to drive!

IMO, these are being nitpicky to me but: fuel economy (might hurt acceleration &fun-to-drive feel); don't like the rain sensing wipers, but can be turned off; can't lock the doors (as you're getting out) w/ the inside control buttons on the push-button start - because you're still 'inside the car'.

Sportability,Luxury,Economy
By BLR

2010 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

More bang for your buck with this car. I have the 2010 Mazda 3 4 door Hatchback with all options possible. It takes a little while to figure out how to use all the technology features it has. Still trying to figure out the Homelink option.Otherwise very impressed with it. Cargo room is functional.This car has great steering and pep.Makes you feel like your driving a luxury car,yet saving you lots of $$$.Very sporty interior. I have had compliments on it from people as I am in parking lots. The smile shaped grin ,grows on you. Love the pwr.Moonroof Bi- Xeon Headlights that follow the roads curves. LED taillights show up well at night.So far it has been reliable and fun to drive.. Zoom Zoom

Power adjustable heated seats. Heated side mirrors. Bose Stereo 6 disc cd player w/10 speakers ,Blue Tooth feature Mp3 imput.Push button start.Keyless entry,is nice when you don't even have to take your keys out of your purse or pocket. And the way the seats curve around your body seems to hug you.

A little better fuel economy w/o losing the zippy performance.

Control your drive
By jazzman

2010 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I got this car just 6 days ago but already felt compelled to write something. I have the touring i automatic and the engine gets you off the starting line very well. I love good handling in a car and this one delivers with precise steering, good road feel, holds center real well. I own the 2009 mazda 6 too and it's been fantastic. The 3 is sportier and I hope to have great driving experiences with it. The dealer was good to me and the price and financing were excellent.

You sit like in a "cockpit" with everything accessible. I like the blue tooth phone connection system. The automatic tranny seems to make good decisions so I haven't messed with the manual shifting mode yet. The 2 liter engine seems fine for my needs and I want great mileage.

Hard to suggest improvements for what I paid for this car.

Great bang for the buck
By Steve Breen

2010 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've been a pickup truck guy for years as my daily drivers. My need for a pickup has declined in recent years, and I was getting weary of constantly putting gas in the thing. So, I began researching cars that were: 1) Cheap to own and operate 2) Fun to drive 3) good features and finally 4) great value. Well, this car actually exceeds across the board. I looked at the usual suspects in this group, and nothing has the personality and depth of features that this little Mazda has. I actually look forward to driving now, as this thing is a blast to drive. For as little as it costs, it just seems like a steal!

Fun factor, handling, eager engine and great shifting transmission (manual 6sp). Interior really looks like a much more expensive vehicle with tons of thoughtful touches all around. You get the sense that the guy that designed it actually drives the thing.

The information display has a different color the the other gauges, so it looks out of place. Fortunately, you can turn that off. Finishing trim inside the trunk is non- existing, but I'm really nitpicking here with a 22k car.

New User New comment
By lawrence

2010 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Have just got the car for 3 days. It is a car for my son to replace the Grand AM that he had driven for the past 5 years since I bought it in 95. I drive a 05 BMW 530i and an Outlander. test drive Jetta, Sentra, Corolla and he finally settled on this. I suggest <2.0 engine size, so Jetta was out (only 2.5l). Excellent handling, easy to drive, light steering, nice match interior and external color. Nice panel. Engine very powerful considering a 2.0 engine. Speed up smoothly, efficient brake. Not used to the zig-zag type auto gear shift. too early to comment fuel economy, still on 1st tank.

1. smiling face design 2. Panel looks great, very fancy entertainment console, feel like driving an UFO. 3. turning radius very small 4. easy steering 5. move in/out of vehicle very easily. 6. seats desigh stylish 7. interior and external color match 8. Greeting message displays at console

1. very noisy while driving, soundproof need to be improved. 2. feel the bumpy road too clear (comparing with driving BMW 530, haha), probably suspension system need to be improved. 3. good for 150 lb driver like my son, but should consider 200 lb driver comfortness as well.