30K mile UPDATE-
By diehard080 on
2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)
I have revirewed my 2008 versus this 2010 and already have concluded it just that much better. I will focus on the passing of time,servicing and performance continuity. I replaced the Avid-Yoko's which I found on the harsh side like the previous 08-09 suspension set-ups but slightly more ameinable to all-around driving with a bias towards all-out sports car tuned firmness. I installed Bridestones new Pole Position S-04's and even though the overall tire is heavier at 70-90mph this car is silent and super-stable at 85 I'm turning 2900 rpms and its not even breathing hard -this damn 2.5 wants to be ridden to 120+ and sprout wings. Everyting else is tight and right ! Just oil/filter and gas .
Favorite Features
The car seems to be breaking in solidly and has become even smoother than when new it rips down the fwy. as if its not even under any strain at all. I just can;t help letting it level at 80 where it seems to be very happy and ready to pounce up to 125 at the slighest throttle imput. Its just become so unbleivably fun to drive its usually the highlight of my day ! I noticed at 30K they run a cleanser through the injection system by hooking up a 2mm hose with something similar to gumout and it melts the carbon out of the cylinders as you can see the plume of smoke when its done. After that its run like never before . The handling and steering imput are second to none and I had a 911 .
Suggested Improvements
I always said that this car had one thing that still irritates me and that is there is no coolant temp gauge. or for others a hot and cold temp indicator. Theres just a dummy light that will turn on if it overheats . In 2011 they added a blue -Cold- light that lets you know the engine is not warm yet . But the 2010 dosent have that . I wouldnt trade a 2010 for a 2011 because the 2010s had a dedicated transmission cooler and memory seats standard on GTs . Not the 11;s I hope that Mazda will offer a gauge as I would buy it and install it immediatly at any cost . I want to know what the temp of my engine is and when its at running temp or getting hot before its too late . -thats it