2010 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Fun to drive good looking sedan
By Chris on 06/02/09 07:52 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I drove an 2006 Mazda 3 iTouring for about three years before buying my 2010 3s. This car definitely steps up the included features without doing much to the price. For under 20K you get a lot of power and a good feature set vs Honda, Toyota, etc. The ride is actually a bit louder than before but overall this is the same car I loved in 2006 with more features and refinements.

Great car, very satisfied
By Saint Louis Driver on 06/01/09 19:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well I was looking for a new car, and I looked at at least 15 cars in the $14k-18k segment. I happened upon this little beauty and am very happy. I have the 2.0L iTouring model, and have had it for about a month. It's got about 2100 miles on it, at first I was getting 33- 34mpg, but after breaking it in some, I have got 37mpg on my last 2 fill-ups. It's very fun and sporty to drive, I put the performance at 8, because even though it's faster than anything I've previously owned, I'm not naive enough to think it can outpower some of the more expensive vehicles out there on the road, although this thing has PLENTY of pep, believe you me.

Glad I waited...
By Phx on 05/26/09 23:21 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I had initially planned to purchase a new 3 a year ago, but when I found out Mazda was going to redesign the car, I decided to wait. Glad I did! Finally purchased the car one week ago, and every time I drive it, I am still impressed with all that the car offers compared to the price. From the exterior design to the finish and instrumentation layout inside, this car puts my Toyota to shame. It has been a good while since I owned a Mazda, but from what I have seen so far, I am glad to be back.

awesome
By mrsandcastle on 05/20/09 12:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned this car for about 6 weeks now and I can say I absolutely love it. I originally wanted to get the Grand Touring, but they didn't have any in stock and I picked up the s sport instead and I don't regret a thing. I constantly make excuses to go places just so I can drive the car. I may be one of the few who say this but I like the front grill, I enjoy driving something that looks different from the other cars on the road. I have had many compliments on the car and I couldn't be happier driving it.

Just a rental by an 04 Mazda 6 V6 owner
By Jeff on 05/18/09 15:41 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Rented a new 3 on a biz trip. This car didn't appear to be very heavily optioned, but I was surprised at how peppy it was. Interstate ride VERY smooth and quiet, just a little wind noise from driver door weatherstripping. Great sound system, great AC.

Powerless
By peace2008 on 05/08/09 19:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought the 2010 Mazda 3 iTouring. It was a good decision as it is a very nice car. I have noticed that the power is not so hot. I can't think of anything else I would change. Maybe put some more durable interior materials - lots of plastic.

Thrilled
By dustboo on 05/03/09 20:37 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just picked the car up last week, and am so thrilled with it. So much car for such a great price. Got the i Touring with the 2.0 liter engine, has plenty of pick- up. (Probably the shortest first gear ever, though.) Bose/moonroof package totally worth it- the bose speakers are great. I get constant compliments on the car. People love the new styling. The graphite mica is gorgeous when it's sunny out. I plan on running this thing into the ground- so hopefully reliability will be good.

Great Car for the Price
By Ever15 on 05/01/09 03:19 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I've always wanted a Lexus IS but am currently not in the income bracket to own one yet. I love the features and the look it has. The new Mazda3 was like a dream come true. While I was looking at the Civic on YouTube, I stumbled upon the Mazda3. Although it's not a Lexus, it has a lot of features that are similar to it, for less the price! This is my first Mazda. I'm not that big on cars, but I defintely like the new Mazda3's. My previous car was a 2003 Toyota Corolla S. Although, in my opinion, the exterior body of the car could be better (the front grill), to me the interior is what matters. I spend more time driving the car than looking at it.

More bang for your buck
By Jamie on 04/30/09 20:25 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Sold my 99 Volkswagen Jetta because it was terrible and upgraded to the 2010 Mazda 3...I car shopped for a while and the ratings for the mazda 3 were better than honda and toyota..I loved the new body style and felt it looked very professional and classy...comparing it to the look of other 2009 and 2010 cars out there..this car is on top! Both inside and out look way better than any other car out there...way more modern. I would highly recommend this car for anyone..I'm a college commuter and despite other reviews I get 26 mpg which I don't think is that far off from competitors and for the look of the car it's worth the couple mpg difference

It's a good car, not a great car.
By Bubba on 04/28/09 19:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Iíve owned a few new cars in the last 7 years, and the only one I regret buying is the Mazda 3. Iím not saying it was a bad purchase but I should have spent more time looking at the Honda and Toyota. The Mazda 3 has a powerful engine and a refined transmission that make it so nice to drive, but it comes at the cost of low quality interior materials and poor fit and finish. Features are plentiful but lack quality, thought, and purpose, and may even be totally pointless like manual headlamp leveling. I love the sporty feel and tight suspension, but some may find the ride noisy and rough. Finally, there is no coolant temperature gauge??? Whatís up with that???

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda Mazda3 in VA is:

$141 per month*