2010 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Best car in the segment.
By KoryME on 07/15/09 07:18 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Test drove the Civic, Carolla, Sentra, and Forte. Forte was a close second. Mazda3 had the best performance, design (our opinion), features, and overall build quality. The performance was the biggest deciding point. Driving a Civic after a Mazda3 was like night and day. The engine, transmission, steering, and suspension work very well together to provide a comfortable but fun ride. We've been getting 35mpg on the highway with the larger 2.5L engine and 5 speed automatic. If you are shopping in this segment I would HIGHLY recommend test driving a 3. You might be surprised at how this car stands out from the other appliances on the road.

No more Hondas after driving this car
By jake on 07/10/09 12:21 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This car is great. Smooth ride for a smaller car, nice and zippy. Getting 27mph combined and hopefully better after a few thousand break-in miles.I have been a Honda guy forever, but this car beats any Honda I have driven. Good choice if you like a quick car that has some cargo space and better than average gas mileage.I was impressed with the suspension, soft for a smaller car, with a Honda you feel every little crack on the road.Love it!

Excellent car
By Mike on 07/07/09 16:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Was planning on using our van on vacation when it blew a transmission seal. Loaded four adults (I'm 6'4", 230lbs) and a trunk load of gear and headed to the Adirondack Mountains. Brand new car with less than 50 miles on it, averaged 36mpg over 850 miles with AC on. No problem on the hills, even though loaded. Handles great, more comfortable seats than our Ford van. Tried a 2009 Honda Fit, but the Mazda has more power, handles, better, feels more solid and gets great gas mileage.

2010 sGT HB
By mjm826 on 07/07/09 11:51 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the sGT HB in gunmetal blue w/ Sunroof/Bose Pckg. and Tech Pckg w/ auto. tran. at the end of May. So far, I have no complaints. The car is very comfortable and a pleasure to drive. I was downsizing from a FX35 SUV and looking for a vehicle that was much smaller, w/ better mpg but that still offered some of the versatility and sporty driving of my SUV. This Mazda fit the bill. It handles my dive gear, bicycles and kayaks w/ out a problem. Love that hatchback!! I looked at several other HB's but none matched (IMHO) the all-around value of the Mazda. I have owned BMW, INNfinity & Acura in the past. This Mazda offers compatible, if not greater, value for the dollar. Pd. 23,800 + tax.

There's a reason for all this love.
By jbevel on 07/07/09 10:52 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I compared this ride to the Honda Civic, Toyota Matrix, and Scion xB. Test drove all of them... saving the Mazda for last. What did the Mazda do that the other cars did not? It put a big fat smile on my face. I had to leave the dealer, knowing that I could not negotiate for this car... at the moment (I wanted it too much!) It's an excellent value for under $20K. Great attention to detail, excellent interior, fantastic to drive. The Dynamic Stability Control is awesome, turn it off to squeal tires...and to really feel the difference it makes! Love the ways it says "zoom-zoom" when I get in... then... "hello" when I turn it on.... then "goodbye" when I leave. LoL.

Mucho Fun to drive
By PC on 06/30/09 10:57 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

2.0 L 5 speed Manual - absolute blast to drive, comfortable, but very quick and responsive. Overall mileage has been a huge surprise. 34+ MPG all in town driving (Chicago Area). Don't have any highway MPG numbers yet. Engine is very peppy/revving easily, relatively quite inside

Blurry Window
By Theresa on 06/29/09 10:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

My rear window is blurry as if there were plastic across it, and really can be noticed with ultra violet rays. My dealer agreed with me and checked on another vehicle and verified that was the same way. It is very annoying especially in heavy traffic when you constantly need to check through your rear view mirror. God bless you if you get migraines, it is actually painful. What about the safety factor, it is not a clear window. Where do I go from here, let me know your thoughts.

GT wagon ownership experience
By zoomdm on 06/27/09 11:55 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Strong enough for a 4 cylinder. Fun to drive. Fairly quiet ride and pretty sports look.

Hell alot better than a 99 Toyota Camery
By JONBOS on 06/25/09 15:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Well this has been a great car for the past 2 weeks. Really Fun To Drive!! From a Toyota Camery, 4-speed auto; now I got a 6-speed Manual. What can be better?! The design is out of this world with the lights and that Graphite Grey paint job. Wicked, way better than white and a vinyl roof! Well its very sporty, I think Mazdaspeed had a hand in this, with the suspension. The Hatchback is very cool looking, best on the market, and love the versatility for cargo. Bluetooth is sweet (freak out the friends), they need to work on the voice recognition though. Interior is very comfortable in both back and front seats (rear windows go all the way down). I also looked at (Lancer and Imprezza) FAST!

Great Car .. Fun to drive!
By Kat on 06/16/09 17:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I shopped for quite a while before deciding on what I would purchase. This car surpassed all the competitors in handling, performance and overall value. So I purchased the 2010 Mazda3 iTouring a beginning of May. It now has 2500 miles on it and I love it. My mileage is averaging about 33 mpg. I am so surprised by the mileage since I expected to get about 26-28! Handling is really great! I cant say enough positive things about this car. I have owned many cars but this is by far my favorite. I have very few negatives as you can see below. This car is well worth the $$.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda Mazda3 in WA is:

$176 per month*