2010 Mazda Mazda3 i SV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:

Sort Reviews by

Bought another one
By Mr Bill

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought my second Mazda 3, hey, why pay 30K for a small Lexus or BMW when you can get the same reliability and quality for a little over half that. I bought a 2010 Mazda 3 and traded in my 2006 Mazda 3 that never let me down as I drove across the country twice. These are really great cars for the money, down the road I may be back for a 2014 !

Favorite Features

The new styling, smoother ride, the layout of the interior.

Suggested Improvements

Offer a few more exterior and interior colors.

2010 S Sport 6M 2.5L
By J

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

MSRP+Moon/Bose+Tech Pack= 22,080 Amount Paid:20,300+T/T Compared with Honda Si, Civic, 2009 Mazda Speed3. More power than my old civic & about the same as an Si minus the scream of vtec. Much less power than MS3 but much better gas mileage. Uses regular gas! Have had acceleration that was anticlimatic & also accel that put you back in your seat. DSC perhaps? Some pretty large blind spots compared with my old civic. Better than the old models though. Not enough for a dealbreaker. Saw this in a lot when it just came in. Bought it at 15mi on odo. I put at least 8 of them on with 2 test drives. Inquire about it online before you go to a dealer. Much better prices.

Favorite Features

-Color(gunmetal blue) -Peppy 2.5L engine. More hp than my civic & still decent gas mileage. -Only 4door that I didn't find hideous. -The HUD messages are amusing. -Keyless Start (tech pack) is great. I love the push buttons on all doors & the trunk. -Decent space under the hood for maintenance.

Suggested Improvements

-Side curtains are rather high & produce blind spots. Backing up is much harder than in my old civic. -Rearview mirror is cheap feeling. -Clutch grab point is hard to feel. -Metal inlay around door handles. New cars always seem to get fingernail scratches. -Backup camera option.

By L-Dub

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I don't think you can beat the performance of this car for the price. I have to agree with other people, that after driving this car I have a big smile on my face. The car handles great (it was better than I expected.) The quality interior is a great value and you can't beat a 6 speed manual. Another surprising trait was the lack of road and wind noise inside the cabin. The A/C is cold and the fan speed is sufficient.

Favorite Features

Blue tooth, 6 speed.

Suggested Improvements

None so far, some people might think there isn't as much room as other cars in its class, but it doesn't bother me.

Great drive on a budget
By Jesse

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I was looking for a less expensive car to replace my C-class and came down to the Mazda3 or the Acura TSX. Ultimately the Mazda was more fun to drive, but with a less refined interior, for a much lower lease payment. The 5 speed transmission is every bit as brilliant as the MB 7- speed, and shifts a lot quicker in manual mode. The engine is a bit coarse, but low end torque is impressive. Most importantly, the car wants to be tossed through corners. The interior is a bit busy, especially the redundant stereo controls and the outer vents that could have been integrated much more seamlessly into the dash. I like the black exterior (hides the grin a bit) with tan leather.

Favorite Features

swiveling xenon lamps, Bose stereo, easy folding rear seats, nice wheels, intelligent Bluetooth operation

Suggested Improvements

3-blink turn signals should be programmed on from factory, adj. lumbar support, accessory power after key is removed, remote window opening, one-touch windows all around, better headliner material, better MPG, standard Homelink, match color of two dash screens, better iPod integration

Best car in the segment.
By KoryME

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Test drove the Civic, Carolla, Sentra, and Forte. Forte was a close second. Mazda3 had the best performance, design (our opinion), features, and overall build quality. The performance was the biggest deciding point. Driving a Civic after a Mazda3 was like night and day. The engine, transmission, steering, and suspension work very well together to provide a comfortable but fun ride. We've been getting 35mpg on the highway with the larger 2.5L engine and 5 speed automatic. If you are shopping in this segment I would HIGHLY recommend test driving a 3. You might be surprised at how this car stands out from the other appliances on the road.

Favorite Features

Design, performance, higher than quoted mileage (what's up with that Mazda?), available features, quality breathable cloth seats.

Suggested Improvements

Make the Nav screen and the Radio screen match a little better. Other than that, none.

No more Hondas after driving this car
By jake

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This car is great. Smooth ride for a smaller car, nice and zippy. Getting 27mph combined and hopefully better after a few thousand break-in miles.I have been a Honda guy forever, but this car beats any Honda I have driven. Good choice if you like a quick car that has some cargo space and better than average gas mileage.I was impressed with the suspension, soft for a smaller car, with a Honda you feel every little crack on the road.Love it!

Favorite Features

Quickness, softer suspension than others,sportiness.Great value.

Suggested Improvements

too many buttons for stereo/cd changer. cup holder is to deep to hold a small coffee,I have to put napkins under the cup so the lid doesn't pop off.A rear windows tint would be cool.

Excellent car
By Mike

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Was planning on using our van on vacation when it blew a transmission seal. Loaded four adults (I'm 6'4", 230lbs) and a trunk load of gear and headed to the Adirondack Mountains. Brand new car with less than 50 miles on it, averaged 36mpg over 850 miles with AC on. No problem on the hills, even though loaded. Handles great, more comfortable seats than our Ford van. Tried a 2009 Honda Fit, but the Mazda has more power, handles, better, feels more solid and gets great gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Solid feel, handling, gas mileage, nice interior finish, interior room and trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

I'd like to have ding guards on the doors. All manufacturers seem to have gotten rid of them.

2010 sGT HB
By mjm826

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the sGT HB in gunmetal blue w/ Sunroof/Bose Pckg. and Tech Pckg w/ auto. tran. at the end of May. So far, I have no complaints. The car is very comfortable and a pleasure to drive. I was downsizing from a FX35 SUV and looking for a vehicle that was much smaller, w/ better mpg but that still offered some of the versatility and sporty driving of my SUV. This Mazda fit the bill. It handles my dive gear, bicycles and kayaks w/ out a problem. Love that hatchback!! I looked at several other HB's but none matched (IMHO) the all-around value of the Mazda. I have owned BMW, INNfinity & Acura in the past. This Mazda offers compatible, if not greater, value for the dollar. Pd. 23,800 + tax.

Favorite Features

Easy to use good quality bluetooth. Really like the comfort of the bolstered seats. Handling and independent suspension are excellent. Keyless entry system. Multiple heat settings for seats (have a bad back). Hatchback design!!)

Suggested Improvements

Integrated factory Ipod adapter, (dealer add-on is not so great). Better noise insulation to filter noise levels on rough roads. Standard rearview mirror is somewhat small and cheap (I think GT trim should have upgraded mirror w/ auto-dimming as a standard item). Other than that, nothing at this time

There's a reason for all this love.
By jbevel

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I compared this ride to the Honda Civic, Toyota Matrix, and Scion xB. Test drove all of them... saving the Mazda for last. What did the Mazda do that the other cars did not? It put a big fat smile on my face. I had to leave the dealer, knowing that I could not negotiate for this car... at the moment (I wanted it too much!) It's an excellent value for under $20K. Great attention to detail, excellent interior, fantastic to drive. The Dynamic Stability Control is awesome, turn it off to squeal tires...and to really feel the difference it makes! Love the ways it says "zoom-zoom" when I get in... then... "hello" when I turn it on.... then "goodbye" when I leave. LoL.

Favorite Features

Blue Tooth - Easy to pair my phone. Calls work great, and will also stream music from my phone (bluetooth audio). The sporty ride, the power of the 2.5L engine, the Manual 6 spd. I love the interior and love to drive it at night...interior lighting is very cool. Love the way it welcomes me...

Suggested Improvements

The color of the Multi-Info-Display should match the colors of the other info imo. Rear legroom is tight, though I love the hatch.

Mucho Fun to drive
By PC

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

2.0 L 5 speed Manual - absolute blast to drive, comfortable, but very quick and responsive. Overall mileage has been a huge surprise. 34+ MPG all in town driving (Chicago Area). Don't have any highway MPG numbers yet. Engine is very peppy/revving easily, relatively quite inside

Favorite Features

Blue Tooth, Sound system, Easy Controls. Fabulous driving experience.

Suggested Improvements

I wonder if a 6th gear for highway would be helpful.