Used 2010 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda 3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

2nd time M3 Owner
By MazReview

2010 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The 2008 GT was a good car with luxury items patched on to it. The 2010 GT is an improved car ( Horse Power, Handling , HWY Gas Mileage , Front Lights,Styling ) with the Luxury items designed in from the start. The steering wheel human interface for the Audio / NAV / Driving Metrics are first rate. Dual Zone Temp Control/ Heated Seats / Push Button Start / Bose Sound are all executed in fine fashion. At $25K- $26K you have a BMW Handling / Acura Electronics Sporty- Luxury car. The Acura TSX costs about 32K and is a "floater" in terms of Handling. $25 K might buy you a BMW hub cap. Like the Dodge-Hemi Charger this car makes those who spent lots more for a similar car feel strange.

Push Button Start/ Excellent Seats / Exterior Styling. And most importantly the Luxury and Human Interface systems were designed into the car and not patched on. They kept the legendary M3 handling and added a true luxury cabin experience.

The city mpg trends towards 23. 25 mpg city would be nice. Highway road noise improvement. Leave the Radio on until the driver door is opened. Make the upgraded mirror a part of the NAV package Add some type of understated GT badging Add engine temp gauge.

Excellent and Fun to drive car
By Alex

2010 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I love this little mazda 3 GT. It is extremely fun to drive with great handling and decent fuel economy. It never feels like it lacks power and it constantly turns peoples heads. Plus the amount of standard features this car has makes 50,000 dollar luxury cars look mad.

The AFS lighting is amazing.

200 HP like in the VW GTI would be nice, or possibly a dual clutch transmission

Fine Wine
By DDN

2010 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Like fine wine, the mazda 3 gets better with age and design. Wow, what a great car. I originally purchased a 2007 model and loved it. I recently traded up for the 2010 model. This is the only make and model I have owned on two separate occasions. It rides like a champ! Mazda is superior to Toyota, Nissan and Honda. The sales team at Cory Fairbanks Mazda made the purchase stress free without the "high pressure" tactics I have experienced in the past. Awesome vehicle!!!

Interior seems more spacious. More power and the handling is instant and responsive. The exterior design gives a more robust and sleek look. It is like driving a UFO. It's luxurious and sporty without the luxurious and sporty price.

Mazda should add the "push button start", Bose audio and GPS driving directions as standard equipment.

Even works for the family
By mmb

2010 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We've had our Mazda 3 for a little over 2 months now and we are very happy with our decision. We wanted something that was going to get good gas mileage and the Mazda 3 has lived up to that. We are constantly getting 30 mpg which is greatly improved from the 16 mpg we were getting in our SUV. We thought this would be a vehicle for commuting back & forth to work, but actually our 3 children, ranging in age from 14 to 2, fit in the backseat just fine (even with a car seat) so we use it for family outings too. It has great handling and acceleration.

Bluetooth/hands free

No more Toyotas
By sabres fan

2010 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I have had Toyotas my whole life and that is over. Having traded in my Tacoma (loved it) so my wife could have an SUV (Ford Escape) I was stuck in a Camry. BORING. Did some research and read reviews. Test drove Corolla Sport, Civic and Nissan Sentra. Never would have considered Mazda but I was looking for something sporty but not a "sports" car and I knew it as soon as I drove it that I found what I was looking for. Dumped my boring Camry and LOVE the Mazda 3. More room then any of the others and WAY sportier inside and out. Handles real nice and solid on the gas mileage. Pick-up could be better but once it is going everything is smooth.

Interior and Exterior are both sharp. Bluetooth is much better then Ford's SYNC as far as ease of use and reception quality

Sunglass holder above rear view mirror. Somewhere to put loose change. (I know, that is getting picky)

• SUV