Used 2010 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Great Car!
By Draygonia

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Great value and if you can skip the tech package, it is an even better value! Nice entry-level luxury car. Fun to drive, but I would have opted for the automatic. Very, very reliable, very sturdy. I feel as if I can get many miles out of this thing before it dies.

Very Reliable, fun to drive, decked out mazda is a really nice ride, great sound system

Ride is a little stiff, front end could improve, manual has abrupt shifting, seats are not very ergonomic.

Luxury on a Budget
By JAW

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have bought dozens of new cars. You might say I am a poor man's Jay Leno. On Feb. 16,2010,I purchased a 2010 Mazda 3 GT 6sp man. sedan in graphite with 2MC,and 1TE.I got 0.0% financing and Mazda's $500 rebate.The 3 GT's MSRP is $24890,I paid $21920 plus $910 for tax,tag, and fees,total was $22830 O.T.D. I enjoy the driving dynamics, and the creature comfort features, which would cost between $5000 and $10000 in the BMW 3,Mercedes C,Infinity G,or VW CC I have owed. Thus the Mazda 3 GT is definitly Luxury on a Budget.

2MC,1TE,Bi-Xenon

Taller 6th gear for greater Hwy MPG

10,000 Miles After Purchase
By Idahed

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased our Mazda 3 to replace our old Ford Explorer. First road trip was 660 miles from Boise to Las Vegas. Comfortable (I'm 6'2"). Economical (38.65 mpg) (29mpg in town). Zoom Zoom! The car has been reliable and we're thinking of buying the hatch version now for our second car.

Seats are cloth, as it's too hot in the summer for leather here. Dash works great. Blue Tooth works well (a surprise). Automatic is smooth. We drove Las Vegas to Boise on I-15 in a driving rain storm. The car handled great. So...10,000 miles later and we love it!

Lost a pen in the cup holder. No idea where it'll end up so they need to fix that little hole. My wife is 5' and has complained of visibility. Not a problem for me if I set the head rests down. Fog lights are fairly inadequate. We had them installed at the dealership and wouldn't again.

Picked the Mazda 3 over the Volvo S40
By ekcooper

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

It was time to trade my 2007 Mazda 3 & I was looking at the Volvo S40. The Volvo design was appealing & the size was similar to my 07 Mazda 3. I test drove the 2010 Mazda 3 Grand Touring and the Volvo S40. No comparison! Although I really liked the idea of owning a Volvo (safety & status), it really could not compete w/ the fun-to- drive feel of the Mazda. The sticker price for the LOADED (everything including navi & push-button start) Mazda was $25,900 while the Volvo (with some amenities but nowhere near the options) was $32,000. For the feel of the two, there was just no way to justify a $6,000 difference. And, the 2010 Mazda feels much better than its 2007 predecessor. I love this car!

Feel of acceleration; great features such as heated seats, navigation, push- button start, seat memory, Bose speaker system, drive feel, styling, headlights, dual climate control, liquid silver color, Sirius satellite, feel of the console, look & feel of the instrument panel, comfort, & FUN to drive!

IMO, these are being nitpicky to me but: fuel economy (might hurt acceleration &fun-to-drive feel); don't like the rain sensing wipers, but can be turned off; can't lock the doors (as you're getting out) w/ the inside control buttons on the push-button start - because you're still 'inside the car'.

Control your drive
By jazzman

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I got this car just 6 days ago but already felt compelled to write something. I have the touring i automatic and the engine gets you off the starting line very well. I love good handling in a car and this one delivers with precise steering, good road feel, holds center real well. I own the 2009 mazda 6 too and it's been fantastic. The 3 is sportier and I hope to have great driving experiences with it. The dealer was good to me and the price and financing were excellent.

You sit like in a "cockpit" with everything accessible. I like the blue tooth phone connection system. The automatic tranny seems to make good decisions so I haven't messed with the manual shifting mode yet. The 2 liter engine seems fine for my needs and I want great mileage.

Hard to suggest improvements for what I paid for this car.