Used 2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:

10,000 Miles After Purchase
By Idahed

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased our Mazda 3 to replace our old Ford Explorer. First road trip was 660 miles from Boise to Las Vegas. Comfortable (I'm 6'2"). Economical (38.65 mpg) (29mpg in town). Zoom Zoom! The car has been reliable and we're thinking of buying the hatch version now for our second car.

Favorite Features

Seats are cloth, as it's too hot in the summer for leather here. Dash works great. Blue Tooth works well (a surprise). Automatic is smooth. We drove Las Vegas to Boise on I-15 in a driving rain storm. The car handled great. So...10,000 miles later and we love it!

Suggested Improvements

Lost a pen in the cup holder. No idea where it'll end up so they need to fix that little hole. My wife is 5' and has complained of visibility. Not a problem for me if I set the head rests down. Fog lights are fairly inadequate. We had them installed at the dealership and wouldn't again.

Picked the Mazda 3 over the Volvo S40
By ekcooper

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

It was time to trade my 2007 Mazda 3 & I was looking at the Volvo S40. The Volvo design was appealing & the size was similar to my 07 Mazda 3. I test drove the 2010 Mazda 3 Grand Touring and the Volvo S40. No comparison! Although I really liked the idea of owning a Volvo (safety & status), it really could not compete w/ the fun-to- drive feel of the Mazda. The sticker price for the LOADED (everything including navi & push-button start) Mazda was $25,900 while the Volvo (with some amenities but nowhere near the options) was $32,000. For the feel of the two, there was just no way to justify a $6,000 difference. And, the 2010 Mazda feels much better than its 2007 predecessor. I love this car!

Favorite Features

Feel of acceleration; great features such as heated seats, navigation, push- button start, seat memory, Bose speaker system, drive feel, styling, headlights, dual climate control, liquid silver color, Sirius satellite, feel of the console, look & feel of the instrument panel, comfort, & FUN to drive!

Suggested Improvements

IMO, these are being nitpicky to me but: fuel economy (might hurt acceleration &fun-to-drive feel); don't like the rain sensing wipers, but can be turned off; can't lock the doors (as you're getting out) w/ the inside control buttons on the push-button start - because you're still 'inside the car'.

Control your drive
By jazzman

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I got this car just 6 days ago but already felt compelled to write something. I have the touring i automatic and the engine gets you off the starting line very well. I love good handling in a car and this one delivers with precise steering, good road feel, holds center real well. I own the 2009 mazda 6 too and it's been fantastic. The 3 is sportier and I hope to have great driving experiences with it. The dealer was good to me and the price and financing were excellent.

Favorite Features

You sit like in a "cockpit" with everything accessible. I like the blue tooth phone connection system. The automatic tranny seems to make good decisions so I haven't messed with the manual shifting mode yet. The 2 liter engine seems fine for my needs and I want great mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Hard to suggest improvements for what I paid for this car.

Great bang for the buck
By Steve Breen

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've been a pickup truck guy for years as my daily drivers. My need for a pickup has declined in recent years, and I was getting weary of constantly putting gas in the thing. So, I began researching cars that were: 1) Cheap to own and operate 2) Fun to drive 3) good features and finally 4) great value. Well, this car actually exceeds across the board. I looked at the usual suspects in this group, and nothing has the personality and depth of features that this little Mazda has. I actually look forward to driving now, as this thing is a blast to drive. For as little as it costs, it just seems like a steal!

Favorite Features

Fun factor, handling, eager engine and great shifting transmission (manual 6sp). Interior really looks like a much more expensive vehicle with tons of thoughtful touches all around. You get the sense that the guy that designed it actually drives the thing.

Suggested Improvements

The information display has a different color the the other gauges, so it looks out of place. Fortunately, you can turn that off. Finishing trim inside the trunk is non- existing, but I'm really nitpicking here with a 22k car.

New User New comment
By lawrence

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Have just got the car for 3 days. It is a car for my son to replace the Grand AM that he had driven for the past 5 years since I bought it in 95. I drive a 05 BMW 530i and an Outlander. test drive Jetta, Sentra, Corolla and he finally settled on this. I suggest <2.0 engine size, so Jetta was out (only 2.5l). Excellent handling, easy to drive, light steering, nice match interior and external color. Nice panel. Engine very powerful considering a 2.0 engine. Speed up smoothly, efficient brake. Not used to the zig-zag type auto gear shift. too early to comment fuel economy, still on 1st tank.

Favorite Features

1. smiling face design 2. Panel looks great, very fancy entertainment console, feel like driving an UFO. 3. turning radius very small 4. easy steering 5. move in/out of vehicle very easily. 6. seats desigh stylish 7. interior and external color match 8. Greeting message displays at console

Suggested Improvements

1. very noisy while driving, soundproof need to be improved. 2. feel the bumpy road too clear (comparing with driving BMW 530, haha), probably suspension system need to be improved. 3. good for 150 lb driver like my son, but should consider 200 lb driver comfortness as well.