Used 2010 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Remarkable Car
By ppudgem

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Just got a fantastic deal at Duncan Mazda outside Blacksburg, VA. Purchased 2010 Mazda3 iTouring with 0% financing for 60 months and $500 loyalty cash for $16,500 out the door. It is a sweet ride with all the amenities. Our 1999 Mazda Protege ES has 259,00 miles and runs like a top although it has rust. Bottom line, the iTouring is the current generation of reliable, fun-to-drive and economical Mazdas. We compared ours to Honda Civic LX, Ford Focus SES, Suburu Impreza, and Toyota Corolla, and believe we got the best value.

Handling, Styling, Fuel Economy

Replace stock Bridgestone tires with Goodyear Eagles or Assurance to reduce road noise.

LOVE IT
By holliq

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my 3 for a year and I absolutely love it. I get anywhere between 30 and 35mpg never any less even when my oil change is coming up. It is a fantastic car.

More leg room in the back tight. Carseats seem a little cramp as well.

Unreal ride
By WPI

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car got a great deal, nothing down, 1 free month's lease payment, paying 41 months $225 lease, that is it my friends, gonna drive it for 3.5 years and buy it for $9.5K I had no idea how to drive stick and had a friend teach me less than a week, this car is the real deal for the price. The only thing that sucks is no power locks, and the HORN. This car rocks baby! ZOOM ZOOM

PICKUP SPEED, ZOOM ZOOM

POWER LOCKS HORN <----- LOL

Lives up to expectation
By jazzman

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

This car is as fun as everyone else mentioned. The handling is superb, power is ample--gets out of its own way. My mileage has been as high as 32 but averages 26 for mostly local driving. I own a 2009 Mazda 6 also--that car drives like a lexus, nice but doesn't have the tight handling feel of my 3. All the features in the car are smartly done-- most bang for the buck. Life's too short for boring cars and this one is not. The rear doors are pretty tight getting in and out so this is not the ideal family car (hence my 6 which is as roomy as a lincoln town car). The only drag is all the slow drivers in front of me, especially minivan drivers. If I had the 2.5 engine I'd be getting tickets.

Handling, fit and finish, cockpit like seating, nice trunk, good mileage, cool look, not boring, moves pretty fast, excellent value with 60 month 0 interest. Bluetooth is very good and effective. Love the tiptronic style automatic tranny.

Driver and passenger seat could use more padding in the tush area, am testing several mem-foam cushions to see which works best for me. Seat back and lumbar area is very good. Auto tranny can sometimes be thrown off after braking slightly. I'm still figuring that one out.

Fun to drive alternative to boring cars
By lana0085

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Had a boring Toyota Corolla '08 for 2.5 years and was sick of it and its straining engine. Wanted to buy a sporty sleek car that looked different. For a decent price, you get more than you pay for. In my Mazda, I feel like I glide down the road, accelerate fast and turn corners effortlessly. I average 29-30 (city) mi/gal, which is competitive with other cars in its class. Interior is attractively lit red with glowing blue touches at night. Radio/dashboard display is positioned with driver in mind. Center console is curved and designed in a futuristic pretty way. Best money I ever spent! Mazda offering 0% apr for 60mo continuously and $500 cash back, so you get a great financing deal too.

Suspension, responsive handling, engine that pushes you forward, well thought-out interior that beats the corollas/civics out there

Leg room in the back seats although car's short/sleek look might be compromised if car gets longer