Used 2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Why wouldn't you buy this?
By Mikey Mike

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I've only owned my Mazda3 Hatchback (s GT) for 3 months but every single day I have no regrets about buying it. I got the Bose sun and sound package and the tech package (why not?). The push button start and advanced keyless system is AWESOME! The way this thing drives is so much fun! I do 60 mph on off ramps (sometimes gotta take it back a notch depending on the ramp). I've gotten so many comments from random people like "hey, sweet car!" The fuel economy when I'm not zoom- zooming isn't too bad (about 24 mpg in the city, haven't tested highway miles yet), my average is about 22 mpg though because I can't help but take off at every green light!

Advanced keyless entry (my key never leaves my pocket!), push button start is one of those things that sounds useless until you have it. The bi-xenon headlights that turn with the car are pretty cool too. Can't forget heated seats! The display that shows radio info is cool too

When you drop an extra $1400 or so on the Tech package (navigation, advanced keyless entry and push button start) the auto-dimming mirror should auto- come-with that package! The steering wheel controls are under utilized. You can only scroll through SAT presets from the wheel and not all stations

Makes long commutes fun and sporty
By ThrilledCommuter

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car! I considered an Audi A3 TDI, which was easily $15K more, but am ecstatic I got the Mazda3. More Money does not equal a better car! My Mazda3 has the technology package and moon & tune package, so I am smiling all the way to work. It performs pretty well, and has awesome cornering. However, downshifting can sometimes be slow. But that is the only mediocrity I have with the car. My mileage varies from 25 - 28 depending on how much highway driving I do. But that is something I expected before buying. The technology package rocks! I don't mind the navigation screen size, and love the bluetooth audio streaming. Very comfortable all around, and hints of high quality material.

Personalizing things like auto-lock when walking away from car, Push-button ignition, Vicinity keyless entry, Exterior Styling, Interior lighting at night, Cornering, Acceleration, Bluetooth audio streaming from Iphone, Adaptive Headlights, Nagare parking lights

Bluetooth phone volume is low. Even though you can increase the volume, side-affect is high ringer and annoying voice saying "incoming call...", downshifting can be slow sometimes, As everyone says mpg can be better, but I'm ok with it considering the better performance.

In A Class of Its Own
By Romanizer

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Tough to add to so many enthusiastic reviews. They are all correct. I have owned all sorts of cars and can tell you that this 3 is an amazing little machine. Sexy looks, stellar handling, zoomy power plant, lux/techy/sporty interior, chock full of technology. Plus, Mazda reliability. All at a ridiculously low price. Pssst, buy this car!

The 3 Hatchback Grand Touring, loaded with all available options. I like to chat up Lexus and BMW owners and tell them about the 3's features and what I paid for the car, and then watch them tear up. And they don't even know how much FUN it is to drive a 3...

Mazda, please add a temp gauge and don't mess with anything else.

Great Lux
By Jon

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This s Grand Touring is one heck of a machine to drive! Safety features and rating are unmatched - with adaptive headlights, H-bar skeletons, and built- in bluetooth system. The Bose surround- sound audio system with the noise canceling just puts you right in the studio! Love the push-start botton, dual-zone automatic climate control,and the hatch versatility that transforms into a storage capacity that rivals any small truck! This is in-deed a vehicle in a class of its own!

handling, versatility, and design

average fuel economy, perhaps Mazda should consider hybrid trims in future

Fantastic Car!
By Mazda Convert

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought this little beauty for my wife and we absolutely love it! Drive this, then go drive a BMW 328 and I'm pretty sure you'll find it difficult to justify spending another 15K for little more than luxury brand image. Mazda built one heck of a car. Only complaint is lack of standard IPOD integration -- bluetooth is great though so we just stream music through our iphones (the bose stereo is worth the extra $). For a compact the mileage may not be what most expect, but if you want 4 or 5 more mpg buy a Civic (great car too), but you'll miss out on the great character and the hell this car can raise on the road!

Driving Enthusiasts Car, Handles like a great weekend track car and suspension is still surprisingly supple, Solid feel of everything, rich materials and textures, sweet sounding bose stereo, bluetooth, great seats, near perfect ergonomics, cargo space w/hatchback

standard ipod integration -- but bluetooth takes care of this if you have the right type of cell phone. Mazda, change nothing else!