2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Best car in the segment.
By KoryME on 07/15/09 07:18 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Test drove the Civic, Carolla, Sentra, and Forte. Forte was a close second. Mazda3 had the best performance, design (our opinion), features, and overall build quality. The performance was the biggest deciding point. Driving a Civic after a Mazda3 was like night and day. The engine, transmission, steering, and suspension work very well together to provide a comfortable but fun ride. We've been getting 35mpg on the highway with the larger 2.5L engine and 5 speed automatic. If you are shopping in this segment I would HIGHLY recommend test driving a 3. You might be surprised at how this car stands out from the other appliances on the road.

No more Hondas after driving this car
By jake on 07/10/09 12:21 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This car is great. Smooth ride for a smaller car, nice and zippy. Getting 27mph combined and hopefully better after a few thousand break-in miles.I have been a Honda guy forever, but this car beats any Honda I have driven. Good choice if you like a quick car that has some cargo space and better than average gas mileage.I was impressed with the suspension, soft for a smaller car, with a Honda you feel every little crack on the road.Love it!

2010 sGT HB
By mjm826 on 07/07/09 11:51 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the sGT HB in gunmetal blue w/ Sunroof/Bose Pckg. and Tech Pckg w/ auto. tran. at the end of May. So far, I have no complaints. The car is very comfortable and a pleasure to drive. I was downsizing from a FX35 SUV and looking for a vehicle that was much smaller, w/ better mpg but that still offered some of the versatility and sporty driving of my SUV. This Mazda fit the bill. It handles my dive gear, bicycles and kayaks w/ out a problem. Love that hatchback!! I looked at several other HB's but none matched (IMHO) the all-around value of the Mazda. I have owned BMW, INNfinity & Acura in the past. This Mazda offers compatible, if not greater, value for the dollar. Pd. 23,800 + tax.

There's a reason for all this love.
By jbevel on 07/07/09 10:52 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I compared this ride to the Honda Civic, Toyota Matrix, and Scion xB. Test drove all of them... saving the Mazda for last. What did the Mazda do that the other cars did not? It put a big fat smile on my face. I had to leave the dealer, knowing that I could not negotiate for this car... at the moment (I wanted it too much!) It's an excellent value for under $20K. Great attention to detail, excellent interior, fantastic to drive. The Dynamic Stability Control is awesome, turn it off to squeal tires...and to really feel the difference it makes! Love the ways it says "zoom-zoom" when I get in... then... "hello" when I turn it on.... then "goodbye" when I leave. LoL.

GT wagon ownership experience
By zoomdm on 06/27/09 11:55 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Strong enough for a 4 cylinder. Fun to drive. Fairly quiet ride and pretty sports look.

Hell alot better than a 99 Toyota Camery
By JONBOS on 06/25/09 15:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Well this has been a great car for the past 2 weeks. Really Fun To Drive!! From a Toyota Camery, 4-speed auto; now I got a 6-speed Manual. What can be better?! The design is out of this world with the lights and that Graphite Grey paint job. Wicked, way better than white and a vinyl roof! Well its very sporty, I think Mazdaspeed had a hand in this, with the suspension. The Hatchback is very cool looking, best on the market, and love the versatility for cargo. Bluetooth is sweet (freak out the friends), they need to work on the voice recognition though. Interior is very comfortable in both back and front seats (rear windows go all the way down). I also looked at (Lancer and Imprezza) FAST!

I love this car...
By Mike Hogan on 06/16/09 01:25 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. It handles great and it greets you with a zoom-zoom and hello and then a goodbye when you leave. The joker grin grille is a bit much, but it suits the personality of the car. I'm tempted to get a Joker license plate. The hatch allows me to carry my mountain bike or whatever from Home Depot. There's one thing I would change and that is the seat width in my upper back area. It's too narrow for me. My son just bought a new Subaru WRX and the seatback width is perfect. So Mazda make the seats as wide in the back so that the side bolsters surround the driver, not dig into my back. Funny I didn't notice it when I test drove it. Other than that I love the car. It's practical fun!

Mazda Dream
By Hold on on 06/11/09 17:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Its about time someone built a competitively priced vehicle that has great looks, handling, and of course power too.

Great Deal out there
By Danti on 06/10/09 07:20 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Hi all. Im from Atherton, CA. Just got a new mazda 3 touring celestial blue w/ tech and roof packages a few days ago 06/07/10 after came to terms that I like driving more than going with the hybrid Insight (feels like you floating w/ Insight). Can't comment much since the maz is still new to me. Handling is good but not quite in the line of bmw 3 and that says a lot for the money. I would recommend readers to explore the lease option currently offer from mazda. I ended up leasing after a good finance guy explained and compared buy/leasing terms to me. My deal--$200 over invoice; 3.4 apr/15000 miles lease over 3 yrs. love the deal; no worries after warr. expires

Great Car!!!!
By mazdaguy on 06/09/09 14:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Had this about 1 week so can't comment on reliability but this thing is a blast to drive, I test drove the corolla, civic, elantra and sentra and this car beats it by leaps and bounds. The interior is so upscale, they spared no expense (it looks like a BMW). No cheap plastics or loose panels. But the best part is the handling, this car wants to be driven fast and it handles great. You can take corners with confidence

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback in VA is:

$128 per month*