2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Great performance and surprising comfort
By Chris on 08/20/09 16:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I work out of my car so I wanted something that was comfortable and had good cargo room, but was also fun to drive. Looked at the Matrix and Impreza, but they felt cheap compared to the Mazda. Plenty of room in the hatchback with the seats down for all my cargo. The interior is really comfortable, I can spend all day in and out of the car and still feel great. My drive is 70% city 30% highway and with a light foot, I'm averaging about 27 mpg. It takes discipline though as the car is so much fun to drive fast. It's smooth on the highway, a blast in the curves, and nimble in parking lots. On a rough road there is some road noise, but no more then my 2007 Accord had. I love this car!

One drive is all it takes
By Tyler on 08/17/09 16:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I've had the car now for almost three months. This car drives like nothing out there in the price range. I got the bose and sunroof option it was well worth it. Friends get in the car and are shocked by the quality,performance, and of course the bose. The car drives great, doesn't feel like a small car and i love the sportier suspension.

Great little hatchback
By greenice on 08/13/09 09:57 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Great choice if you like to drive, feels like a premium car in most respects. The ride is firm but still comfortable, and the steering is very precise and well weighted. I love the 6sp manual, but I wish 6th gear was a little longer for better highway fuel economy. Power from the 2.5 is good (certainly much better than in most other compacts), but the engine may be the one point where the 3 does not fully live up to the premium image. If pushed, it sounds a bit coarse at times and other engines of the same size get more power and better fuel economy. The interior is great with many luxury features not expected in this class. Overall a very European driving experience. Highly recommended!

Wasn't on my radar screen
By Scott on 08/12/09 18:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I was looking for a Honda, as I've had several over the years. I stopped by this dealership because he was a friend of mind. Frankly, I had forgotten he sold Mazdas (he's primarily a VW and Audi dealer). To be neighborly, I took a test drive and loved the way it drove. He had a silver one in his show room and I thought it looked great and had much better features than the cars I was looking at (Civic, Fit, etc.). I like the peppier engine and how sporty it is.

Clutch Issue
By Raquel on 08/11/09 17:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased a 2010 mazda 3 hatchback on 5/31/09. Car was driven for only two days and had problems w/ the clutch disc. Dealer repaired the issue then drove the car the next day. Car just stopped in the middle of the road and will not move, this time dealer ended up changing the clutch and transmission.To make the long story short I opted for a collateral exchange with the same model and specification as the 1st car I purchased.I got a 2nd car,after driving it for 2 weeks, car broke down again bec of the burnt clutch.I have driven a manual stick shift car for almost 20 years and this problem never happened to my Accord and Acura.I opted for lawyer representation bec Mazda won't fix the issue

Best Bang for the Buck
By mdsco on 07/28/09 16:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

OK so I have only had the car for 5 days but I have to admit it has compelled me to write this review. The s Grand Touring hatchback is probably the best car for the dollar I have ever owned and that is saying something given my 51 years of life and a multitude of purchases. I traded in my Honda CR-V and have no regrets. Of course the car is lacking AWD and the extra room but if you can live without those features you will not regret purchasing the Mazda. I purchased the GT with the Moonroof and Bose stereo option, 24K total. Bi- Zenon Adaptive headlights, leather heated seats, rain sensing wipers, killer sound system, my wife has a BMW 328xi and prefers the Mazda, could of saved 20K.

Outstanding
By Richranger on 07/25/09 11:10 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2000 Ford Ranger using the cash for clunkers program. AKA car rebate allowance. Just incredible. I researched new vehicles for a few months and found the winner. I don't miss my truck one bit. I have a few more miles to go, but am very impressed so far. The xenon headlamps, moonroof, bose system, adaptive headlamps, too many features to list. You get your $ worth and then some. Other vehicles with all the things I have on this would cost me thousands more. 1st time Mazda buyer. THANK YOU MAZDA! ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM! Really!

By L-Dub on 07/20/09 11:55 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I don't think you can beat the performance of this car for the price. I have to agree with other people, that after driving this car I have a big smile on my face. The car handles great (it was better than I expected.) The quality interior is a great value and you can't beat a 6 speed manual. Another surprising trait was the lack of road and wind noise inside the cabin. The A/C is cold and the fan speed is sufficient.

Great drive on a budget
By Jesse on 07/16/09 05:37 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I was looking for a less expensive car to replace my C-class and came down to the Mazda3 or the Acura TSX. Ultimately the Mazda was more fun to drive, but with a less refined interior, for a much lower lease payment. The 5 speed transmission is every bit as brilliant as the MB 7- speed, and shifts a lot quicker in manual mode. The engine is a bit coarse, but low end torque is impressive. Most importantly, the car wants to be tossed through corners. The interior is a bit busy, especially the redundant stereo controls and the outer vents that could have been integrated much more seamlessly into the dash. I like the black exterior (hides the grin a bit) with tan leather.

Best car in the segment.
By KoryME on 07/15/09 07:18 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Test drove the Civic, Carolla, Sentra, and Forte. Forte was a close second. Mazda3 had the best performance, design (our opinion), features, and overall build quality. The performance was the biggest deciding point. Driving a Civic after a Mazda3 was like night and day. The engine, transmission, steering, and suspension work very well together to provide a comfortable but fun ride. We've been getting 35mpg on the highway with the larger 2.5L engine and 5 speed automatic. If you are shopping in this segment I would HIGHLY recommend test driving a 3. You might be surprised at how this car stands out from the other appliances on the road.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback in VA is:

$130 per month*