Used 2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Mazda not Honda
By JDL

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I was at Norm Reeves Honda of Cerritos ready to buy a honda Civic LX Auto. They quoted me a price over the phone of $17,900 OTD. drove 35 miles to dealer, picked out color and they ran my credit. The whole time i kept asking is the price $17,900 OTD. Everything went well until they took the price to the boss for the ok. he would not sell me the car for that price, THANK GOD. Two days later i went to Browning Mazda and drove the Mazda 3 Hatchback Auto. I love this car. Tyler at browning Mazda was great. I got the car OTD for $21,000. Buy this car, you will not be disappointed.

Handling Features Very Large glove Box ( Laptop will fit ) 167 HP

Zoom Zoom, Indeed
By GBA47

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Okay, so at 62 I'm a little outside the core demographic, but who cares. This thing rocks. Highest grin factor since my 1972 Capri V6. But Mazdas are supposed to be like that. What has completely blown me away is the rock solid structure and superb build quality. Wow, what a car. Mileage so far is at 24.5, with a best of 29.9 and worst 20.5, about what I expected. It should improve as I get more miles on it, and if I can keep my foot out of it (nah).

Great driving dynamics. Cool night time interior lighting effects. Did I mention, I love this thing?

Who thought it was a good idea to leave out the temperature gauge? Scope out the backs of the front seats for more rear leg room. Slow down the throttle response a little. Makes it hard to drive smoothly. I've been driving stick shifts for 46 years, so I don't think it's me.

Practical with style and handling
By emRaleigh

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

It's so easy to get in and drive. Mine has the Bose/tech package with moonroof. I didn't need the nav so the smallish screen doesn't bother me. Bluetooth hands free operation is easy and the media console is well laid out for use. The stereo beats that of my former 2007 G35. I'm averaging 26.8 in mixed driving with high-octane gas. Rear seats fold flat and hatch hide cover removes easily to really load it up when you need to. I hauled a full sized mountain bike in their and only had to move the passenger seat forward a bit. Everything works. It brakes effectively and it's generally a quiet ride at any speed. My 5'10" son fits in back with a couple inches to spare. Hard to beat the value.

Blue LEDs and the pulsing blue light trim on the media console when you make changes. Xenon headlights and fog lamps. 10 speaker Bose stereo.

Add passenger seat height adjustment. Homelink-type garage door feature.

Everything I expected.
By Peace Brotha

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I couldn't pass up the incentives on this car I had been interested in since 2004. My old car, though reliable, was 8 years old and rusting. It was time. I appreciate the Mazda3's straightforward interior design and comfort, unique styling, and quality of materials in and out. I expected a little extra wind and tire noise compared to my old mid-size car, and I got it, but it's more than acceptable. The 2.5 engine pulls very strongly throughout the range and has a lot of pep. Mileage is average to good for this class of vehicle. Very satisfied with the vehicle and dealer.

Driving position. Handling. Engine. Interior and exterior materials. Build quality. Styling. The fact that these are not common.

The "premium" Bose sound system is inadequate. It'd be good if it was company issued. But Bose can do (and has done) better.

I love my Hatchie!
By Wrathwitch

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This little beast is fun to drive! I was previously driving a SUV and it's nice to drive a zippy, responsive and sexy vehicle. No more soccer mom for me I have upgraded to Cougar! In all seriousness this car has the speed to pass fast and safe as well as smooth and quiet when you are not dare deviling. The only thing I don't like is that the vehicle feels floaty at higher speeds (130+ km/h). I suspect this being due to lightness of the vehicle. You can also feel her move when there are high winds on the road.

I really like the radio controls on the steering and the Bluetooth for my cell phone, it works great. I also love my moonroof (never thought I would). Even the detailers were raving about my little beast.

Dear God, please get rid of the red dash. I wish that I could change the colors to blue or anything other than red. Stock tires were lame and so I replaced them. Other than that I love it!