Used 2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

More Than I Expected!
By Truthsayer

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I traded my 2008 M3 HB GT w/Bose-Roof pack the exact same trim and package as the 2010 that I got. Scared like heck that it would not be as good I took the plunge. This car has turned out be to Superior in every way. More solid build, better handling, more power, smoother transmission by leaps & bounds. This trans mated with the new 2.5 is a marriage made in heaven. It doedn't hunt or over shift and electronically is dialed in better than my BMW was. It hits gears on the money and the new frame makes this thing float along better than a Lexus is250 -no lie. It's smooth, responsive and at 80 you feel like launching to 150 with ease. I cant begin to describe the value of this car- unbelievable-tops

Transmission,Solid feel,refined luxury car feel,super duper handling machine without the teeth rattling like B4.All around "Pinch Me I can afford it and can't believe I own it" aurora, Stereo( Bose ) Xenon lights that have Adapting left/right steering connection . Capacity is perfect as is size.

Remove other cars from in front of me as I constantly am rolling up on people that don't seem to have vehicles that want to go as fast with as little effort. Keeping the turn signals in the side view mirrors would have been good because that was a great feature that they eliminated after the launch.

Cool drive
By cambridgedude

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Only have owned this cool little Mazda for 10 days, but love it already. After 600 miles I am averaging 29 mpg, in about 60% highway driving. Decent acceleration, effortless cruising, wonderful cornering and handling. Slick 6 speed manual; don't get the auto unless you really can't drive a manual, this is one of the best shifters you'll find under $30,000. Good deals going now, got mine under $18,200 with 0% financing, a great value. Styling is a matter of taste, personally I think it's cool. Bluetooth cellphone connection is something I thought I'd never use, but it's extremely useful, particularly in a manual when your hands are otherwise occupied.

Cornering, manual shifter, bluetooth, acceleration.

Got to be real picky to come up with anything: clutch could be bit lighter, stereo controls and trip computer controls could be a bit simpler.

Just bought it, but so far impressed.
By Greg

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

So, I just traded in a '99 Chevy Cavalier for this car, so I'm sure my review will be a bit inflated. I absolutely love the style, and the drive quality is such an improvement over my Chevy it's hard to describe. I've yet to configure the BOSE stereo and bluetooth and whatnot, but I'm sure it won't be difficult. I'll update my review after I've driven it around for a few months.

mostly everything

none yet

Mazda not Honda
By JDL

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I was at Norm Reeves Honda of Cerritos ready to buy a honda Civic LX Auto. They quoted me a price over the phone of $17,900 OTD. drove 35 miles to dealer, picked out color and they ran my credit. The whole time i kept asking is the price $17,900 OTD. Everything went well until they took the price to the boss for the ok. he would not sell me the car for that price, THANK GOD. Two days later i went to Browning Mazda and drove the Mazda 3 Hatchback Auto. I love this car. Tyler at browning Mazda was great. I got the car OTD for $21,000. Buy this car, you will not be disappointed.

Handling Features Very Large glove Box ( Laptop will fit ) 167 HP

Zoom Zoom, Indeed
By GBA47

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Okay, so at 62 I'm a little outside the core demographic, but who cares. This thing rocks. Highest grin factor since my 1972 Capri V6. But Mazdas are supposed to be like that. What has completely blown me away is the rock solid structure and superb build quality. Wow, what a car. Mileage so far is at 24.5, with a best of 29.9 and worst 20.5, about what I expected. It should improve as I get more miles on it, and if I can keep my foot out of it (nah).

Great driving dynamics. Cool night time interior lighting effects. Did I mention, I love this thing?

Who thought it was a good idea to leave out the temperature gauge? Scope out the backs of the front seats for more rear leg room. Slow down the throttle response a little. Makes it hard to drive smoothly. I've been driving stick shifts for 46 years, so I don't think it's me.

• SUV