Used 2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:

Great car, great handling
By Kicking_cans

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Love this car! Accelerates fast, getting 31 mpg, corners great, and... handles accidents well! Plus, mine has push button start, awesome! Going to the gym, throw my keys in my gym bag, & leave them there. Push the button to start, while the bag is sitting on the front passenger seat! I've driven the Dodge Challenger for a day trip; and performance wise, 3 big differences. Mazda gets better gas mileage, and corners better. The Challenger travels at 95 mph better. (At 65/70 MPH, they're the same.) Oh, and I backed into another car, got a 3 inch dent in my bumper. But it's plastic, so pushed/popped it out. Now looks like a light scratch on my bumper, instead of a huge dent!

Favorite Features

Cornering, push button start, acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

GPS. It's $200 to update the GPS maps, and the interface isn't great. Hopefully they release an update to the interface.

Love it!
By jj.9109

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I had bought my car in Aug 2010. I recently had a 2008 Coblat. I love it but it didn't have enough room. When I bought the mazda I was excited with all the things it was built with. What made me fall more in love with this car is its safety features, I was driving to work going 50mph, when out of no where this guy did a u-turn in front of me on a 4 lane highway. The seatbelts sucked me in and the airbags deployed. It didn't do much damage to the car which I was totally shocked with hitting the guy so hard. If you are looking for a car with good built in features and great safety features this is the car for you.

Favorite Features

Safety, Bluetooth, sound sytem, moonroof, Aux feature is in the arm rest love it so its not in your way on the dash board.

Love it!
By lilkruse

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Major upgrade from 2007 Chevy Aveo. Far more powerful and nimble. All the bells and whistles. Two months after having it still very satisfied. One thing I thought of is how much safer I am and everyone else in this compared to my previous car or the SUV I used to drive. You can brake and accelerate quicker, and there is minimal body roll. You are in control of this car, whereas the SUV you are along for the ride. Just think of those Trucks and SUVs we all have to drive next to that need so much more room to stop and have to slow to a crawl to turn. This is a great vehicle. Great Job Mazda!

Favorite Features

Handling!

Suggested Improvements

MPG although it's a trade off I'm happily taking.

6000 miles in
By JR

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

6000 miles and 2 oil changes in and the car is still a blast to drive. The 2.5L is more than adequate for any driving style; averaging 29-30mpg with some fairly spirited driving city/hwy mix. The car has fairly large blind spots which you have to keep in mind when driving; However, I haven't found it that much of a bother. If you do your own oil changes, you will love the drain/ filter setup mazda uses. The materials in the cabin feel like what you would expect in vehicles in higher price brackets; Much better that what i've seen in the vehicles in this class. The seats are excellent; I don't mind staying in the drivers seat for a few hours at a time. Overall a great choice.

Favorite Features

Red dash lights & blue leds Bolstered seats Welcome/goodbye message Handling/power/handling for its class Oil filter/drain location Plastic shroud keeps engine bay clean Push button start & Advanced keyless

Suggested Improvements

Protection for footrest carpet More advanced navigation system Reduce blind spots Programmable maintenance points in info Heated mirrors/Seats should be standard Ceiling fabric should be darker Better ipod integration with the nav along with steering wheel ipod controls

Mazda 3
By Becky

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned my Mazda 3 for three months now. I noticed immediately that the paint chips off very easily. Today, I have more than 20 large paint chips on the side panels with no explanation. The dealer examined it and has told me it is simply from road debris. I have owned many new cars and have never had one lost its paint so easily. The paint used is not a quality paint. The dealer will tell you after the purchase that you need to buy a costly paint protection package to keep the paint in good shape. $22000 later, I have a car that looks pretty bad and has lost value because of the chips. Also, the dealer is having to replace the dash because it was black, but turned milky white.

Favorite Features

Cute car. Like the bluetooth feature. That is about all the good I can say.

Suggested Improvements

Quality paint should be used. Better quality materials inside would be nice.