2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Fun on a budget
By J.L. Pruett on 05/06/10 18:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After five years of driving an F-150 I love driving and filling up our new Mazda 3. We wanted to replace the truck with an economy vehicle that is also fun to drive. So far we have no complaints.

Unreal ride
By WPI on 04/26/10 12:48 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car got a great deal, nothing down, 1 free month's lease payment, paying 41 months $225 lease, that is it my friends, gonna drive it for 3.5 years and buy it for $9.5K I had no idea how to drive stick and had a friend teach me less than a week, this car is the real deal for the price. The only thing that sucks is no power locks, and the HORN. This car rocks baby! ZOOM ZOOM

For the price it's a good car!
By Kelly W on 02/04/10 15:55 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a solid car and overall I'm happy with my purchase. The two problems that I have is that my driver seat SQUEAKS and I hate it! The other problem is that the clutch pedal does not seem to go down very smooth...though it does not affect the driving of the car. I will have to have them look into these problems. I got the very basic model as I did not have many options available to me for the standard (stick shift) transmission. This basic model did not come with power door locks or an alarm and I think that is ridiculous in 2010.

After 12 years of a Miata...
By DLN on 01/10/10 06:59 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

As many others did I researched and drove a number of vehicles and settled on the Mazda for some fun factor. After the '96 Miata, the 3 took a bit of getting used to, far lighter feel in the steering, clutch, shifter. but I've adapted. On my 21 mile commute I am getting 33 mpg by paying attention and not invoking to much "fun factor." I am quite satisfied with the power from the 2.0 engine couple with the manual transmission. Interior layout is good, seating, something that takes a long road trip to judge is great. Yes,I would recommend that car.

So much better then a Honda Civic
By Justine on 12/22/09 14:49 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was a loyal honda civic fan but when I was shopping for a new car I had to look around. After extensive test drives and comparisons of fuel economy, price, reviews and resale value (I'm an MBA student so I had a little too much fun with it). Anyways, hands down the Mazda3 was way ahead of the game... then I drove it- and fell in love. It drives like a sports car, it makes driving fun. It gets the same mpg as a Honda Civic but costs less. I've put about 2K in 2 months on it and I have no complaints at all. Really it's a great car and a great value.

Best Car I tested...and purchased
By RUDE E on 12/09/09 15:04 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove several cars, new and used. I must say that this was the most valuable (bang for buck) of the bunch. Very responsive handling, great on gas, and looks are appealing. Coming from a Tacoma its a big change, but well worth it in my eyes.

Great price to value ratio
By k2kiceman on 10/22/09 17:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car, traded a 99 Jeep Cherokee on the cash for clunkers program. no regrets so far, it's a lot of fun to drive and the fuel mileage is double that of the Jeep. Build quality seems to be excellent and the car has good acceleration and shifts smoothly and precise.

Rivals the best
By matt on 10/05/09 08:18 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I can't believe I am saying this but my Mazda is more fun to drive than my Benz AMG. Hysterical- but true. The responsiveness is better than any vehicle I have owned before- and I have owned nearly every vehicle known to man. I bought this for a daily driver/airport car but find myself driving it more than my other vehicles. Sure the engine is a 4 banger vs. a 8, but its truly the most agile & fun to drive vehicle I have ever had. Decided to go frugal this time around, and so glad I did. Now trying to talk the wife into selling the ML500 for a CX9!

first ever new car
By ezequiel on 09/08/09 10:01 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new sporty ride. It feels great owning a new car. Especially when it is as sporty looking as this. I am a big guy but getting out of this car is no problem for me. It handles great. However the acceleration isn't as good as I had hoped, but it gets the job done. I am very satisfied. You know one of the main reasons I chose the Mazda 3 is the body style. I am just being honest.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan in VA is:

$141 per month*