2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Awesome Mazda 3 2.5l.
By chaps6 on 10/28/13 13:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the Mazda with 34k miles on the clock. It has all the bells and whistles...sat nav, bose, keyless entry, zenon, bucket seats etc. I have now done about 10,000 miles without a single issue. I hope to have this car for at least another 100k miles...perhaps pass it onto my kids when they are old enough to drive. It feels incredibly safe, very assured on the road and pretty sporty. It’s no race car but it really handles well and has create torque when you put your foot down. I looked at all sorts of other cars first…golf, accord, mini, jetter, passat, hyundai’s etc…none came close to the reviews this got…which is why I bought it.

3rd mazda, 2nd mazda3
By bridgetshaw on 10/19/12 08:11 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I recently traded in my 2011 Mazda2 for a 2012 Mazda3, was a fantastic choice since the 2 is garbage. Then traded the 2012 3 for a 2010 for a little more miles and a lot less money. I got the car with 30k miles on it, all maintenance touched up, and a better deal. From what I know about the newer model I have high hopes for this one. The gas mpg is little shotty after driving the Skyactive engine, but it is even more fun to drive, with better handling. I love the Mazda3, it's truly a unique sedan in this day and age.

Mazda 3 Sport GX
By vincentf on 09/07/12 11:38 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Well when I first got this car I was super excited, because I got a great deal and I was sick of driving my corolla for the past 7 years before that. Everything was fine first couple of month and then things started to annoy me. I started having very bad condensation problem on the inside of the car. Went to multiple dealerships and they couldnt fix the problem they suggested I always keep my AC on which i thought was stupid. Next thing is the squeeky breaks as well as my squeeky driver seat when in a certain position. Last thing was I had to replecase one of the belts after 28k and it wasnt covered by warranty i had to dish out $120.

Great...for the first two years
By fzyltlsquirrel on 08/27/12 10:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was in love with this car. Frankly, in many ways I still am. I have the standard tranny and love the handling. The car really is fun to drive. Except when the gear synchro does not function properly from first to second. I drive 300+ miles a week, and have since I got the car. We live in northern CA and go snowboarding and backpacking often, so this car gets driven a lot. Even so, it is only 2 1/2 years old, and the tranny is clearly going bad. The worst part is that it is an intermittent problem that the dealer has yet to duplicate. I have 5,000 miles left on my warranty so, sadly, I'm trading her in for a CX 5 - which doesn't come with as many features on the manual. Disappointing

Great buy!
By terjej on 08/15/12 22:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Originally was going to buy a 3 but upgraded to the itouring and it was a wise decision. This car is a solid performer and since purchasing it new, only regular mainenance has been done and no warranty work has been necessary. I have owned full size SUV's and was surprised to see what I can load in this Mazda with the rear seats folded down. it has a wide opening when the truck is opened up. I enjoy going to manual shift and pushing this vehicle to the limits on tight turns. This car has a very good feel for the road and fun to drive. The cabin tends to be a bit noise at highway speeds but the stereo can automatically adjust the volume to changing speeds which is a nice option.

Good car with a couple of minor issues....
By ddau on 07/03/12 08:43 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned my 2010 Mazda 3 Gran Touring 2.5L 6 speed since October of 2010. I recently hit 30K miles on it. It does have some minor workmanship issues. When it's cold, the instrument cluster rattles (which stinks if you have OCD). The front left speaker needs to be replaced. And now the front rotors are warped. The dealership told me over the phone this morning that in Colorado, warped brakes are a common problem, but they aren't going to do anything about it because it's wear and tear. Funny, I haven't had any "common" brake warping problems in my other cars I own, especially at 30K miles. Its a decent vehicle, but I have been reading up on the Dodge Dart.... just sayin'.

Fisrt car i buy, and im very happy with it!!!
By alepodj on 04/19/12 18:32 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Coming from an airplane size and noise gift car(1999 Chevrolet Malibu) this is an amazing car,,, i have no comparison with other same type vehicles, but i have no reason to think about changing so far,,, Drawbacks: back seats space, and driver seat when used as a recliner kills your back Cool Stuff: all the features, bluetooth, cruise, sunroof, etc(bluetooth lady is awesome and very funny, somewhat anoying too hehehe) the looks i love it, i putted a 18" rims is beautiful what can i say,,,is worth it,,, sure it is

Zoom Zoom
By mbelfatto on 03/30/12 13:37 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my 2010 Mazda 3s for about 18 months now and overall I'm quite satisfied with some draw backs. I decided to spend a little bit extra money and upgrade from the iTouring to the Sport sedan. I think that the Mazda interior is very stylish and great quality. There are a lot of amenities packed into that little tiny car. The car has great pick up especially when you stomp on the throttle in third gear, you can really feel the torque.

In love with this car!!
By josh259 on 03/06/12 07:07 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I absolutely love this car. It handles great, it's nice and compact but still has plenty of room, it's stylish, quick, and gets pretty good gas mileage which is great since I travely about 300 miles per week just going to and from work.

Great car but 2nd car kinda funky
By unlimitedinc on 08/26/11 16:51 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had this car for a year and really liked it. I took it on a trip to Louisana and Alabama and was comfortable the entire way. Shifting to 2nd gear has to be precise but I haven't had any problems otherwise. It looks great, has nice room and is fun to drive and park.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan in VA is:

$141 per month*