Used 2010 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Best First Car!
By johnnymize6

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

For my first car I bought a white 2010 Mazda 3 2.0 liter i Touring with the moon and tune package. It currently has just over 52000 miles on it. The 2.0 liter 4 cyl. has good pick-up around town, but passing and merging on the freeway are a little strained. It's a fun little car that handles great and has a lot of nice features like a Bose sound system, a power sunroof, and Bluetooth. The ride is surprisingly comfortable on most bumps but on wavy surfaces it bounces up and down a lot. It's pretty quiet inside now that I put new tires on it. Everything is easy to reach while you're driving. It feels really nice and stable on the freeway, and the ride settles a bit as well.

Favorite Features

Bose sound system, Sunroof, Bluetooth, handling, fuel economy, ergonomics, fun factor, it's just a zippy, fun little car.

Suggested Improvements

It could use a bit more high-end power. The horn sounds girly. The ride can get a little harsh over wavy pavement. The headliner feels cheap. It has no automatic headlights, which seems strange to omit on a car with all the nice features it's got.

Great car
By kai696

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was never a huge fan of Mazda but when I got this car I really loved it. It worked well and was very reliable, no maintenance at the 100,000km mark (except regular maintenance of course), however it doesn't have a lot of power, I notice there's a bit of a delay from when I press the gas peddle into when it picks up, I never had this on my Toyota Echo.. but all in all I think this car is great for anyone upgrading from a smaller car. They will be pleasently surprised how much it has to offer. Car came with Moon roof/AC/ Power Windows / CD/Bluetooth combo. I only wish the turning would be a bit more tight, but it does turn well.. just not quite well enough..

Favorite Features

Moon roof/AC/ Power Windows / CD/Bluetooth combo.

Suggested Improvements

Add more HP, and fix that delay in acceleration.

Awesome Mazda 3 2.5l.
By chaps6

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the Mazda with 34k miles on the clock. It has all the bells and whistles...sat nav, bose, keyless entry, zenon, bucket seats etc. I have now done about 10,000 miles without a single issue. I hope to have this car for at least another 100k miles...perhaps pass it onto my kids when they are old enough to drive. It feels incredibly safe, very assured on the road and pretty sporty. It’s no race car but it really handles well and has create torque when you put your foot down. I looked at all sorts of other cars first…golf, accord, mini, jetter, passat, hyundai’s etc…none came close to the reviews this got…which is why I bought it.

Favorite Features

People complain about the Sat Nav having a tiny screen...but really it is perfectly fine. The bose system is incredible when turned up high volume - it is EAR SHATTERINGLY loud and never distords on max volume. Bucket seats are very cool looking and really hold you in the seat when zipping around corners. You get a whole lot of features for the prices...I love the keyless start.

Suggested Improvements

It get's odd squeaks and rattles inside when the temperature is cold outside..can be quite annoying at times...but the rest of the car makes up for this.

3rd mazda, 2nd mazda3
By bridgetshaw

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I recently traded in my 2011 Mazda2 for a 2012 Mazda3, was a fantastic choice since the 2 is garbage. Then traded the 2012 3 for a 2010 for a little more miles and a lot less money. I got the car with 30k miles on it, all maintenance touched up, and a better deal. From what I know about the newer model I have high hopes for this one. The gas mpg is little shotty after driving the Skyactive engine, but it is even more fun to drive, with better handling. I love the Mazda3, it's truly a unique sedan in this day and age.

Favorite Features

The moonroof and Bose sound system are great, and the interior design is nearly identical to its newer models. Dash lights are red instead of blue and the top screen is different. It's comfortable for me, and I do a ton of driving-deliver, commute, road trips. Super bright headlights are wonderful for driving in the pitch black night, and the car itself is actually pretty spacious on the inside to what you might think looking at its exterior.

Suggested Improvements

The engine temperature gauge is still nonexistent even on the 2012s'. That's all.

Mazda 3 Sport GX
By vincentf

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Well when I first got this car I was super excited, because I got a great deal and I was sick of driving my corolla for the past 7 years before that. Everything was fine first couple of month and then things started to annoy me. I started having very bad condensation problem on the inside of the car. Went to multiple dealerships and they couldnt fix the problem they suggested I always keep my AC on which i thought was stupid. Next thing is the squeeky breaks as well as my squeeky driver seat when in a certain position. Last thing was I had to replecase one of the belts after 28k and it wasnt covered by warranty i had to dish out $120.

Favorite Features

Overall this car is more exciting than a corolla however in the 7 years that I have owned a corolla I've never had any of the issues I am having with the Mazda 3. It is also worse on gas than my corolla and its only a 2L engine :S I will not be buying another Mazda or recommending it to anyone I know. My next car will most likely be a Honda Accord or something with proven reliability.