Used 2010 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Fun Little Machine
By Michael Griffin

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

My first two cars were rather large American sedans. A 2001 Chevy Impala and a 2005 Ford Taurus. I decided I wanted something smaller when I suddenly needed a new car in 2013 due to gas prices. I'd always been smitten with the Zoom-Zoom ethos of Mazda's and had liked the styling of the Mazda 3. I didn't have time to wait/search for the hatchback I really wanted, so I settled for a rental-fleet Mazda 3 i Sport. It has been an absolutely wonderful little car. Always starts up straight away. It's not a rocket, and you need to be generous with the throttle when merging/passing on highways, but it has more than enough pep. The handling is wonderful, fun and forgiving. It took me some time to get used to the amount of road feedback that comes through the 3's steering wheel, especially compared to the American boats I drove before. Bad weather handling is also great, especially for such a small, light sedan. The inside is a tad sparse, but everything fits well, and the front seats are comfortable. Getting 4 or 5 adults in the car at once, even if we're all average size, is a squeeze. It's not too bad for short trips around town, but it would not be fun for two guys over 5'10" to ride tandem on a trip of any length. The two things I really wish my car had are power door locks (but it did come with power windows, oddly enough) and cruise control (I will never again get a car without it after having had the displeasure of multiple between New york and New Orleans). That being said, it's a decent car for long trips, tire roar can be a bit loud over 55 mph, but turning up the radio helps. All in all, it's a wonderful little car, that's been great and very reliable so far.

Best First Car!
By johnnymize6

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

For my first car I bought a white 2010 Mazda 3 2.0 liter i Touring with the moon and tune package. It currently has just over 52000 miles on it. The 2.0 liter 4 cyl. has good pick-up around town, but passing and merging on the freeway are a little strained. It's a fun little car that handles great and has a lot of nice features like a Bose sound system, a power sunroof, and Bluetooth. The ride is surprisingly comfortable on most bumps but on wavy surfaces it bounces up and down a lot. It's pretty quiet inside now that I put new tires on it. Everything is easy to reach while you're driving. It feels really nice and stable on the freeway, and the ride settles a bit as well.

Bose sound system, Sunroof, Bluetooth, handling, fuel economy, ergonomics, fun factor, it's just a zippy, fun little car.

It could use a bit more high-end power. The horn sounds girly. The ride can get a little harsh over wavy pavement. The headliner feels cheap. It has no automatic headlights, which seems strange to omit on a car with all the nice features it's got.

Great car
By kai696

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was never a huge fan of Mazda but when I got this car I really loved it. It worked well and was very reliable, no maintenance at the 100,000km mark (except regular maintenance of course), however it doesn't have a lot of power, I notice there's a bit of a delay from when I press the gas peddle into when it picks up, I never had this on my Toyota Echo.. but all in all I think this car is great for anyone upgrading from a smaller car. They will be pleasently surprised how much it has to offer. Car came with Moon roof/AC/ Power Windows / CD/Bluetooth combo. I only wish the turning would be a bit more tight, but it does turn well.. just not quite well enough..

Moon roof/AC/ Power Windows / CD/Bluetooth combo.

Add more HP, and fix that delay in acceleration.

Awesome Mazda 3 2.5l.
By chaps6

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the Mazda with 34k miles on the clock. It has all the bells and whistles...sat nav, bose, keyless entry, zenon, bucket seats etc. I have now done about 10,000 miles without a single issue. I hope to have this car for at least another 100k miles...perhaps pass it onto my kids when they are old enough to drive. It feels incredibly safe, very assured on the road and pretty sporty. It’s no race car but it really handles well and has create torque when you put your foot down. I looked at all sorts of other cars first…golf, accord, mini, jetter, passat, hyundai’s etc…none came close to the reviews this got…which is why I bought it.

People complain about the Sat Nav having a tiny screen...but really it is perfectly fine. The bose system is incredible when turned up high volume - it is EAR SHATTERINGLY loud and never distords on max volume. Bucket seats are very cool looking and really hold you in the seat when zipping around corners. You get a whole lot of features for the prices...I love the keyless start.

It get's odd squeaks and rattles inside when the temperature is cold outside..can be quite annoying at times...but the rest of the car makes up for this.

3rd mazda, 2nd mazda3
By bridgetshaw

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I recently traded in my 2011 Mazda2 for a 2012 Mazda3, was a fantastic choice since the 2 is garbage. Then traded the 2012 3 for a 2010 for a little more miles and a lot less money. I got the car with 30k miles on it, all maintenance touched up, and a better deal. From what I know about the newer model I have high hopes for this one. The gas mpg is little shotty after driving the Skyactive engine, but it is even more fun to drive, with better handling. I love the Mazda3, it's truly a unique sedan in this day and age.

The moonroof and Bose sound system are great, and the interior design is nearly identical to its newer models. Dash lights are red instead of blue and the top screen is different. It's comfortable for me, and I do a ton of driving-deliver, commute, road trips. Super bright headlights are wonderful for driving in the pitch black night, and the car itself is actually pretty spacious on the inside to what you might think looking at its exterior.

The engine temperature gauge is still nonexistent even on the 2012s'. That's all.