Used 2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:

Great Car
By Daniel

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car a little over a year ago to replace a '98 Trans Am. My second choice would have been the Golf TDi. I love the extra space I get out of the hatch while still having a small car. At the time, it offered a lot more features than it's competitors, though it seems Mazda is slowly taking those away with newer models. I've autocrossed a few times in it, and while it's not a fast car, I typically do better on the tight courses with it than I did with the TA. The interior is also a lot more comfortable (& better looking) than that of the TA as well. Overall, it's a great car, especially for the cost, I just wish it got better gas mileage & had a better stereo than Bose.

Favorite Features

Active headlights Comfortable front seats Great feeling manual transmission Heated outside mirrors with turn signals

Suggested Improvements

Don't use Bose as the premium stereo supplier. 6th gear is too close to 5th. Nobody uses 6th for racing, a better highway gear would have been nice. Would like a temperature gauge. That saved me more than once in the TA. Stock tires are marginal.

Definitely the best bang for the buck!
By johnnyBgoode

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is my 4th Mazda that I have purchased. I owned '89 Mazda 626, a '09 Mazdaspeed 3, '08 MX-5, and now this '10 Mazda 3 GT Hatch. It's a great car with good MPG. The features of this car in it's segment absolutely blow the competition away. Trust me you won't be disappointed in what this car offers. It's very quiet inside the cabin and the engine is smooth and quiet as well. The features are insane! My car has: adaptive front lighting, fog lights, 6 spd manual transmission, 6 disc Bose audio system with 10 speakers, moonroof, bluetooth, leather seats, heated front seats, LED tail lights, automatic bi-xenon headlight, and many more too list. Truly the best bang for the buck!

Favorite Features

Hands-free Bluetooth, 6 speed manual transmission, Bose audio, leather seats, trunk space, quiet cabin, decent gas mileage, LED tail lights, automatic headlights with auto adjust, power seat with memory

Suggested Improvements

Stiffer clutch, better braking, just a little bit more interior room. These are not deal breakers, just something they can work on, on the 3rd generation Mazda 3.

How is a car this cheap this good
By Will W

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have had six - yes, six - Mazda 3s. All were manuals. Four were 3i and two 3s. 5 sedans and now this 2010 3s hatchback. There are not enough superlatives to describe how this car drives. Not a better manual tranny/clutch combo on the planet for cars under 40 grand. Definitely, the best car for the buck I've run into in my lifetime and I'm 62. One can only remark: "How can a car this good be so cheap." Buy this car for the suspension, the tranny, the clutch, the brakes, the steering, the handling, the cornering and to heck with everything else - it doesn't matter. that's enough! All one need do is upgrade the tires and you have an econo-box supercar.

Favorite Features

Suspension, the precise steering response, the dream manual/clutch combo, the brakes - everything about how the car drives and performs.

Suggested Improvements

Go to the blue/red dash instrumentation colors of Volkswagen and get rid of the harsh red-orange dash lights. Do some styling work on the fog light housing area to make it smaller and more compact, absent much of the black, plastic grill above the fog lights.

Just purchased - already impressed
By Blague

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Like other posters, I compared the Usual Suspects (Golf, Civic, Impreza) and, feature for feature, none of the others came even close for what I was looking for - both in terms of purchase price and the 0% finance incentive. I've only driven it for a few days -and will post again once I've broken it in- but I very much enjoy driving it, the Bluetooth features, the Bose sound system, the seating position and the suspension setup. In short, I truly feel I've made the right decision.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth phone and music connectivity, Bose sound system

Suggested Improvements

More legroom in the backseat would make it a perfect car

Great Car
By todd

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Went from a Lexus IS 250 to a Mazda 3 GT with the tech and bose package. Couldn't be happier. For well over $12,000 less than the Lexus, I get far more features (heated seats, rain sensing wipers, seat memory, bluetooth phone AND music streaming, xenon adaptive headlights, Navigation, etc.). Much more fun to drive than the Lexus (got the 6sp manual on the 3). For the price (I got well under invoice) there is nothing that can compare.

Favorite Features

All the tech features listed above. Nav system is better than you'd think, it's basic but does a great job, is very fast and I'm now a fan of steering wheel mounted nav controls.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing yet.