2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Great Car
By Daniel on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car a little over a year ago to replace a '98 Trans Am. My second choice would have been the Golf TDi. I love the extra space I get out of the hatch while still having a small car. At the time, it offered a lot more features than it's competitors, though it seems Mazda is slowly taking those away with newer models. I've autocrossed a few times in it, and while it's not a fast car, I typically do better on the tight courses with it than I did with the TA. The interior is also a lot more comfortable (& better looking) than that of the TA as well. Overall, it's a great car, especially for the cost, I just wish it got better gas mileage & had a better stereo than Bose.

Definitely the best bang for the buck!
By johnnyBgoode on 09/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is my 4th Mazda that I have purchased. I owned '89 Mazda 626, a '09 Mazdaspeed 3, '08 MX-5, and now this '10 Mazda 3 GT Hatch. It's a great car with good MPG. The features of this car in it's segment absolutely blow the competition away. Trust me you won't be disappointed in what this car offers. It's very quiet inside the cabin and the engine is smooth and quiet as well. The features are insane! My car has: adaptive front lighting, fog lights, 6 spd manual transmission, 6 disc Bose audio system with 10 speakers, moonroof, bluetooth, leather seats, heated front seats, LED tail lights, automatic bi-xenon headlight, and many more too list. Truly the best bang for the buck!

How is a car this cheap this good
By Will W on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have had six - yes, six - Mazda 3s. All were manuals. Four were 3i and two 3s. 5 sedans and now this 2010 3s hatchback. There are not enough superlatives to describe how this car drives. Not a better manual tranny/clutch combo on the planet for cars under 40 grand. Definitely, the best car for the buck I've run into in my lifetime and I'm 62. One can only remark: "How can a car this good be so cheap." Buy this car for the suspension, the tranny, the clutch, the brakes, the steering, the handling, the cornering and to heck with everything else - it doesn't matter. that's enough! All one need do is upgrade the tires and you have an econo-box supercar.

Just purchased - already impressed
By Blague on 03/28/10 14:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Like other posters, I compared the Usual Suspects (Golf, Civic, Impreza) and, feature for feature, none of the others came even close for what I was looking for - both in terms of purchase price and the 0% finance incentive. I've only driven it for a few days -and will post again once I've broken it in- but I very much enjoy driving it, the Bluetooth features, the Bose sound system, the seating position and the suspension setup. In short, I truly feel I've made the right decision.

Great Car
By todd on 02/14/10 14:45 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Went from a Lexus IS 250 to a Mazda 3 GT with the tech and bose package. Couldn't be happier. For well over $12,000 less than the Lexus, I get far more features (heated seats, rain sensing wipers, seat memory, bluetooth phone AND music streaming, xenon adaptive headlights, Navigation, etc.). Much more fun to drive than the Lexus (got the 6sp manual on the 3). For the price (I got well under invoice) there is nothing that can compare.

mazda 3 grand touring 5 door
By arogin on 01/20/10 07:35 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

great car. every option possible at a great price. the manual transmission is really smooth.

Fun to Drive and few faults
By MikeL on 01/09/10 20:11 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

After driving and owning Viper's and Corvette's I found this little car a blast to drive. Got the 2.5 Sport Touring. Build quality is better than the hand built Viper and you do get used to the smiley face look in a few weeks, great first car for my lucky kid to take to college.

Great car for the money!!!!!!
By Alex on 12/28/09 18:38 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car a the day after Christmas. I was looking at a VW GTI and a Honda Civic. The GTI was nice, but overpriced. The Civic was nice too, but lacked the "extras". So I looked into the 3. Wanted the HB for the extra storage capacity. This car has everything you could want in a car at a very reasonable price. I've only put 100 miles on it so far, but it is so much fun to drive! My aunt had a Mazda in the 80's and 90's. She drove it to the ground and never had any issues. Mazda makes a solid car. Making Car and Driver's 2010 top 10 list isn't too shabby either. MUST BUY!!!

Luxury without the price tag
By Shelltop on 11/30/09 18:11 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is my 1st Mazda. I was driving a 2000 Jetta before. I was interested in this car b/c of its sports car appearance. I was surprised to discover that it has a luxury car interior/feel without the price tag. I got the moonroof package. It's a smooth ride with a kick. I've only had it for a couple of days. But, it has been fun!

Love this car
By BS on 11/04/09 15:21 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I got Bose and Tech pkg. Nav is small but easy to use. Love the advance key that's the main reason I got Tech pkg). The seat is comfortable for me(but they can be too hard and narrow for a lot of folks). Power is good (not as great as the Speed) but enough for me. Rear passenger room/hatch area is much smaller than my 2003 Matrix. Suspension is on the firm side which is what I like but I would like the car sit a little lower. The wheel gap is very big with a SUV look. Manuel transmission is easy to operate and shift smoothly. Just there's a groaning noise when the car start moving from 1st gear. It's not super quiet but I think it's reasonable (change the OEM tires may help)

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback in VA is:

$130 per month*