Used 2010 Mazda 3 s Sport Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback 2.5 manual
By tazbird

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

No adjustments required by dealer from day one to present. 55,000 km and have only replaced the battery. Two trips from Ontario to Florida, and one trip to Virginia. Excellent value and fun to drive. My third Mazda.

Manual yransmission shifts better than Mazda 6 as tested in summer of 1999. Fun to drive manual transmission cars.

None

At 44,000
By johnny2003

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

At 44,000, I like mu little Mazda just as much as I did the first day I got it.

The power of the 2.5 engine. It definitely has a lot of power.

I wish the tires lasted longer. at 18000-20000 it is expense to but four new tires every year and a half.

Really want to love it, but...
By kermitbtys

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

2nd review on this vehicle. At first I couldn't say enough good things about it, but the good feeling is gone. Clutch completely destructed at 38K and warranty is only for 12K. I got over 100K on my pervious honda clutch and it was not a $1350 dealer quote to fix it. This is not an uncommon occurance with numerous postings on the web with an average malfunction mileage of 28K...on a year old car no less. Now, my driver side door and hatchback will not unlock with remote, key, or manually. Needless to say, I am not going to continue to climb into the car from the passanger side and lower the rear seats to gain access to the trunk. I just cannot recommend this vehicle anymore.

Great to drive on twisty roads, nice interior for price.

Better mpg, door locks, and clutch, clutch, clutch. 36K warranty for electronics is not good.

catastrophic clutch failure at 14k miles
By natdallas

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've really enjoyed driving this car. I've driven two manual hondas, one subaru and an old datsun. Never any clutch problems. My 2010 Mazda 3 had a tight clutch one day, and then in the course of a day and a half, the clutch engaged the gear only partially--losing power--and finally, with a snapping sound, no power at all. Miriam Stevens (at Mazda North America Customer Care) gave the impression that Mazda does not care about premature clutch failures on this car. I mentioned the many web-postings about customers with similar clutch failures that appear out of nowhere, ending in sudden failure. This issue is not the result of wear and tear. Want to call lawyer.

Very happy with the lovely 3
By ylli

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I leased this mazda 3 August 2010. I really love the brilliant handling and the comfort seat and ride. Steering is very fast and precise. I guess for the price, you can't find other car in the class with better driving experience. I did do some autocross with this car. Even on all season tire, it can still shine. I also did a few 800 mile journey, it is comfortable enough that I can drive 13 hrs straight in the car. The down side would be so so fuel economy, I normally average 23-24 mpg in town, barely 30 mpg driving on highway. Also the build quality could be slightly improved. My car did develop a slight rattle at the back of the car at around 5000 miles. Overall, i am very happy.

Handling, Steering, comfortable yet hugging seats. Cute look inside and out.

Better fuel economy and less rattle. The clutch take off could be smoother and easier to modulate.