2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
keeps on ticking
By diehard080 on 02/16/15 23:35 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

i am updating my last review at 50k miles and just rolled over 75k . o regularly change the oil using mobil 1 20-50 as original was dino which i used until 2 changes at about 10 k miles as it was good and broken in. since ive chenged the trans fluid at 30k (flush) and 60(flush again) and the plugs once around 45.i hit some nasty potholes but the suspension seems spot on having thorough checks after any incident .I check oil level particularly after oil changes which is usually a big problem since residual oil can be up to 3/4 q and bad for seals . other than that not burning oil, runs better than new and fast as hell . preventative maint.dont use dealers that act like they could give a sheit

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback 2.5 manual
By tazbird on 09/01/14 13:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

No adjustments required by dealer from day one to present. 55,000 km and have only replaced the battery. Two trips from Ontario to Florida, and one trip to Virginia. Excellent value and fun to drive. My third Mazda.

65,000 update
By diehard080 on 03/15/14 03:44 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have had nothing but great driving experiences and initially when this car came out people were wineing about the front end ,now almost every car company has stolen the body of the Mazda 3 2010 hatchback .people are stopping me at gas stations so it seems mazda again way ahead of its time .I'm writing this just after the first plug change & using mobil1 20-50 syn as factory oil in 2010 for the 2.5 was 20-50 Dino , I switched after break in at 10k . Then in 2011 the 2.5 got 0-20 syn as factory oil. So after plug change this thing bloomed like a new car and rips like a rocket that's been sport tuned . It definitely still blueprint balanced .

A Very Fun ride at a great price
By hatcher3 on 12/30/13 17:41 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I leased my 2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback 2.5s with Moons and Tunes package in Oct 2010. It has been three awesome years of fun ride. Good: Excellent handling in curves (here in Portland) and really grips well to the road. Very good torque and performance. Overall very good styling in the exterior and the interior. One amazing ride for the price Not so good: Bluetooth could handle adding contacts better. Gas Mileage for a car of this size is not great. I averaged 23/24 over 3 years. High Road Noise which bugged be a bit. The Bose sound helped tune it out, but still it was louder than some other cars I have owners. Not engine noise, but mostly road noise, esp from Tires. Overall- Thumbs Up

Bulletproof-monkey
By diehard080 on 06/05/13 20:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Yep I was admittedly worried that my 2007 was going to be a regrettable trade in on the 2010 2.5 but I just because it was Mazda I had faith in their underdog drive to make things just that much better ,the. 3. Remindes me f the Porsche 911 better by incriments yearly . I got the gt hatchback with the electronically controlled 5 speed automatic with sport shift that actually works ! And well . This tranny shifts smoother than my old mans s500 Mbz. And my 328 BMW from 2002. By far . It's seamless , heck Grand Prix cars all use automatic gearboxes now , it was a choice I don't regret ! Awesome car. Just turned 50k. And it is spot on !

At 44,000
By johnny2003 on 02/24/13 20:19 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

At 44,000, I like mu little Mazda just as much as I did the first day I got it.

30K mile UPDATE-
By diehard080 on 10/11/12 18:02 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have revirewed my 2008 versus this 2010 and already have concluded it just that much better. I will focus on the passing of time,servicing and performance continuity. I replaced the Avid-Yoko's which I found on the harsh side like the previous 08-09 suspension set-ups but slightly more ameinable to all-around driving with a bias towards all-out sports car tuned firmness. I installed Bridestones new Pole Position S-04's and even though the overall tire is heavier at 70-90mph this car is silent and super-stable at 85 I'm turning 2900 rpms and its not even breathing hard -this damn 2.5 wants to be ridden to 120+ and sprout wings. Everyting else is tight and right ! Just oil/filter and gas .

Gets better N better
By diehard080 on 03/28/12 18:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Yes its been 2 years since my 2010 was purchased as I traded my 2008 . This car has not failed to continue keeping me looking forward to my next drive . Its broken in properly as I polled the white tape off the paint myself with 2 miles on the odometer. I see people that have cars they complain about and usuall with a car this solid built 100% in Japan there 1 of 2 things going on here . #1 they work for Toyota or Honda and hate Mazdas becuase they rock the socks off those granny mobiles or you bought a Mazda with 10-15 demos thats been hammered into hell by the salespeople and non-buyers that just want to floof a new car and ruin the engine by doing so .These are top notch rides

Underdogs R Best
By diehard080 on 02/10/12 16:28 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I appreciate this Mazda3 GT HB 2.5 auto even more I suspect after driving many other brands , Subaru, Toyota and specificall a 2008 Mazda3 Hb Gt 2.3 ! The upgrade in power has made the biggest change in this cars overall appeal . The suspension has been retweaked to make the slalom in the times it did back in 2008 when the suspension was similar to an old Alfa without shocks .But this one does and the ride is smoother and even more predictable than B4. They eliminated the minor vibrations from the firm suspension and when driving between 45 and 110 I feel like a racing dog that has finally been off leash .broken in w 25K it flys and overtakes cars 3x the cost. driver skill is rewarded!

Really want to love it, but...
By kermitbtys on 10/18/11 22:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

2nd review on this vehicle. At first I couldn't say enough good things about it, but the good feeling is gone. Clutch completely destructed at 38K and warranty is only for 12K. I got over 100K on my pervious honda clutch and it was not a $1350 dealer quote to fix it. This is not an uncommon occurance with numerous postings on the web with an average malfunction mileage of 28K...on a year old car no less. Now, my driver side door and hatchback will not unlock with remote, key, or manually. Needless to say, I am not going to continue to climb into the car from the passanger side and lower the rear seats to gain access to the trunk. I just cannot recommend this vehicle anymore.