2010 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
At 44,000
By johnny2003 on 02/24/13 20:19 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

At 44,000, I like mu little Mazda just as much as I did the first day I got it.

Really want to love it, but...
By kermitbtys on 10/18/11 22:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

2nd review on this vehicle. At first I couldn't say enough good things about it, but the good feeling is gone. Clutch completely destructed at 38K and warranty is only for 12K. I got over 100K on my pervious honda clutch and it was not a $1350 dealer quote to fix it. This is not an uncommon occurance with numerous postings on the web with an average malfunction mileage of 28K...on a year old car no less. Now, my driver side door and hatchback will not unlock with remote, key, or manually. Needless to say, I am not going to continue to climb into the car from the passanger side and lower the rear seats to gain access to the trunk. I just cannot recommend this vehicle anymore.

catastrophic clutch failure at 14k miles
By natdallas on 06/15/11 15:51 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've really enjoyed driving this car. I've driven two manual hondas, one subaru and an old datsun. Never any clutch problems. My 2010 Mazda 3 had a tight clutch one day, and then in the course of a day and a half, the clutch engaged the gear only partially--losing power--and finally, with a snapping sound, no power at all. Miriam Stevens (at Mazda North America Customer Care) gave the impression that Mazda does not care about premature clutch failures on this car. I mentioned the many web-postings about customers with similar clutch failures that appear out of nowhere, ending in sudden failure. This issue is not the result of wear and tear. Want to call lawyer.

Very happy with the lovely 3
By ylli on 04/06/11 12:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I leased this mazda 3 August 2010. I really love the brilliant handling and the comfort seat and ride. Steering is very fast and precise. I guess for the price, you can't find other car in the class with better driving experience. I did do some autocross with this car. Even on all season tire, it can still shine. I also did a few 800 mile journey, it is comfortable enough that I can drive 13 hrs straight in the car. The down side would be so so fuel economy, I normally average 23-24 mpg in town, barely 30 mpg driving on highway. Also the build quality could be slightly improved. My car did develop a slight rattle at the back of the car at around 5000 miles. Overall, i am very happy.

Great car recommend to all
By mymazda3 on 02/01/11 08:35 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have this car for a little over a year and it has been a great car. My previous car was a 99 Honda Accord and this has alot more power and handles a lot better. everything is still running like new. One of my biggest gripes is that the original tires burned out extremely fast. Around 20K. It has plenty of power for passing and get up to the top speed, well the limiter. The shfit gear has loosen up a bit over the 28k I have had it but still good.. Love that all i have to do is change the oil which is great for a college student minus the tire issue. It scratches easily by the under the door handle.

Love the Smile
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've only had my Mazda 3 sport for a little over 1 week, but so far I love to drive this car. I try to think of places I need to go just to get in and go somewhere. The bose system is awesome, such clarity. I owed a 2001 Maxima so I'm having to adjust to the stiff ride of the Mazda but hopefully I will get there. I read some reveiws about road noise on another site I don't hear it, I do hear the engine a little but that's fine. If you want a compact sedan or hatchback you must drive the Mazda 3 the handling and the power this little car puts out will amaze you.

The best
By max on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

6000 mi update. I have this car for almost 7 month now, and I can’t get tired of it. Drives very well. Bluetooth is awesome. Just bought a roof rack and bike rack. Car looks even better. So far only one small issue, a loose rear stabilizer bar at 5000 mi, fixed quickly and without hassle. Previously own 07 Subaru impreza 2.5i and I can say that My Mazda 3 is much better car.

Watch the tires
By cambridgedude on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

After four months I have finally found something to complain about. Watch out for the 17" low profile tires. Lots of construction this summer/fall around here, and as careful as I try to be, raised manhole covers on stripped streets waiting for resurfacing have already claimed 3 tires. And these tires are not cheap - $200 per pop! I've been driving for more than 30 years and this has never happened before, so I can only put it down to the low profile tires. On the plus side they do give amazing grip, and help the tremendous road holding of the 3.

Mazda3 S Sport
By bighaeb on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Two words: Simply amazing! You aren't going to find anything out there that compares in performance, fun, and quality for the price. Take my word for it. I've spent a LOT of time driving everything possible within a 16000-21000 range. Get to your nearest dealer and drive one. You will love it!

Cool drive
By cambridgedude on 07/25/10 06:24 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Only have owned this cool little Mazda for 10 days, but love it already. After 600 miles I am averaging 29 mpg, in about 60% highway driving. Decent acceleration, effortless cruising, wonderful cornering and handling. Slick 6 speed manual; don't get the auto unless you really can't drive a manual, this is one of the best shifters you'll find under $30,000. Good deals going now, got mine under $18,200 with 0% financing, a great value. Styling is a matter of taste, personally I think it's cool. Bluetooth cellphone connection is something I thought I'd never use, but it's extremely useful, particularly in a manual when your hands are otherwise occupied.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda Mazda3 in NJ is:

$221 per month*