2010 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Great car, great handling
By Kicking_cans on 11/25/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Love this car! Accelerates fast, getting 31 mpg, corners great, and... handles accidents well! Plus, mine has push button start, awesome! Going to the gym, throw my keys in my gym bag, & leave them there. Push the button to start, while the bag is sitting on the front passenger seat! I've driven the Dodge Challenger for a day trip; and performance wise, 3 big differences. Mazda gets better gas mileage, and corners better. The Challenger travels at 95 mph better. (At 65/70 MPH, they're the same.) Oh, and I backed into another car, got a 3 inch dent in my bumper. But it's plastic, so pushed/popped it out. Now looks like a light scratch on my bumper, instead of a huge dent!

Love it!
By jj.9109 on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I had bought my car in Aug 2010. I recently had a 2008 Coblat. I love it but it didn't have enough room. When I bought the mazda I was excited with all the things it was built with. What made me fall more in love with this car is its safety features, I was driving to work going 50mph, when out of no where this guy did a u-turn in front of me on a 4 lane highway. The seatbelts sucked me in and the airbags deployed. It didn't do much damage to the car which I was totally shocked with hitting the guy so hard. If you are looking for a car with good built in features and great safety features this is the car for you.

Love it!
By lilkruse on 03/27/10 15:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Major upgrade from 2007 Chevy Aveo. Far more powerful and nimble. All the bells and whistles. Two months after having it still very satisfied. One thing I thought of is how much safer I am and everyone else in this compared to my previous car or the SUV I used to drive. You can brake and accelerate quicker, and there is minimal body roll. You are in control of this car, whereas the SUV you are along for the ride. Just think of those Trucks and SUVs we all have to drive next to that need so much more room to stop and have to slow to a crawl to turn. This is a great vehicle. Great Job Mazda!

6000 miles in
By JR on 11/16/09 07:38 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

6000 miles and 2 oil changes in and the car is still a blast to drive. The 2.5L is more than adequate for any driving style; averaging 29-30mpg with some fairly spirited driving city/hwy mix. The car has fairly large blind spots which you have to keep in mind when driving; However, I haven't found it that much of a bother. If you do your own oil changes, you will love the drain/ filter setup mazda uses. The materials in the cabin feel like what you would expect in vehicles in higher price brackets; Much better that what i've seen in the vehicles in this class. The seats are excellent; I don't mind staying in the drivers seat for a few hours at a time. Overall a great choice.

Mazda 3
By Becky on 11/05/09 19:38 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned my Mazda 3 for three months now. I noticed immediately that the paint chips off very easily. Today, I have more than 20 large paint chips on the side panels with no explanation. The dealer examined it and has told me it is simply from road debris. I have owned many new cars and have never had one lost its paint so easily. The paint used is not a quality paint. The dealer will tell you after the purchase that you need to buy a costly paint protection package to keep the paint in good shape. $22000 later, I have a car that looks pretty bad and has lost value because of the chips. Also, the dealer is having to replace the dash because it was black, but turned milky white.

Awesome Car
By Sludedude on 10/21/09 18:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Fantastic small car and very fun to drive. Quality is outstanding and features are great for the price. Interior is comparable to many more upscale vehicles. I put on mostly highway miles and average right at 30mpg (S Sport). Back seat is pretty tight but that's expected with this size car. Stick shift is very easy to learn and fun to drive

Performance Economy Car
By kermitbtys on 09/26/09 17:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Wanted to get the Mazdaspeed3, but will be giving this to my daughter in a couple years...there went the Speed3. Great econ car with fantastic interior detail: Soft touch dash, great displays (except info display), & good seats. Even if you're budget minded, opt for the Bose system...regular stereo not up to par. Car is a blast to drive on the twisties, but not quite fast enough to get you in trouble...but plenty of power for fun. City MPG not up to other compacts,but the fun factor more than makes up for it. Fold down the rear seats, and you got plenty of room for hauling everyday items. Mini Cooper will handle a bit better, but cost a bundle more with less room. Best bang for $ out.

Too soon to know
By Danielloveshis3 on 09/20/09 10:37 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car, but I haven't had it long enough to know how reliable its going to be. The seats are great, and its big on the inside. The speakers are good for stock. The only problem I have with it is that the paint seems like its very thin. I already have 2 chips on the hood, and 2 scratches on the passenger door. Its black and I guess that's to be expected, I had a charcoal grey car before and it didn't seem to scratch this easily.

Love it
By 3Sport on 09/03/09 13:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Bought the car less than 2 weeks ago and am really enjoying my first Mazda. It handles well and I love having a manual transmission again. I like the bold styling and the silver color I got. I like the functionality and features, and the seats are very comfortable. The stereo is great as well, especially with CDs. As noted below, I would prefer to have a taller top end gear akin to what the automatic enjoys - the engine really does not need so tight a gear spacing at the top end, in my opinion. But overall, I would easily recommend this vehicle.

Not your father's dull ride
By alohajoe on 08/20/09 01:23 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

If you think Corolla, Civic, Focus, or Sentra are your idea of good small cars than The Mazda 3s is probably too radical for you. It's sad that so many people do not consider Mazda3 when thinking of buying a small car. Style, handling, braking, fun factors are totally beyond what the other car makers have to offer. Yes, others may be more reliable and reassuring in that sense but it's a dull, practicle, for the masses products. Do yourself a favor, test drive a 3s and compare it with any other comparable makes. It's a little rough but that part of the allure and enticement.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda Mazda3 in VA is:

$122 per month*